Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grattan - Memorial Day Weekend

Actually, due to the dog we'll probably be on the outside of the track this year as well. Dogs are explicitly allowed outside the track but not in the infield. We've had our dog inside for an entire weekend in the past without any problem (as have many others) but I'd rather not be the one that ruins it for everyone and gets dogs banned completely.

Alex MacDonald

You weren't out there dodging my wrecked heap of a car, were you?

(BTW, my in-car from that can be found on youtube right now if anyone wants to see it. I'd get the link, but my work sucks and blocked youtube. )
    [/b]
    Here's Flipper!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7auuj_EnYmQ
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Actually, due to the dog we'll probably be on the outside of the track this year as well. Dogs are explicitly allowed outside the track but not in the infield. We've had our dog inside for an entire weekend in the past without any problem (as have many others) but I'd rather not be the one that ruins it for everyone and gets dogs banned completely.

Alex MacDonald
    [/b]
    Ok, that should work. Being that we never get to the track much earlier than about midnight Friday night, there's never any chance of getting inside the infield anyways. So I think we'll bring the pooch. He had fun at IRP, which was his first time to the track.

I should've called Vegas and got the odds on Steve being the one who found the video. "Uhm.....wow, this is strange. Sir, I don't know how this happened as I've never seen this before, but the computers say it's 1:1!"
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I did that same thing twice last September....it's a lot rougher than it looks out there in the grass. [/b]
    Ya, but did you make it all the way to the trees?

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

I wasn't dodging kevin's incident because I was bringing up the back of the race group and no Marty I didn't get anywhere near the trees, I did most of my spinning on track to slow me down. You must have actually turned left after the jump to make it that far!
    Russell White
    Indianapolis, IN
    '85 Toyota Supra ITS #14

...You must have actually turned left after the jump to make it that far! [/b]
    Well, not exactly turned. I was sticking my nose inside George Russell as we crested the hill, and I must have tapped the brake at the crest instead of waiting for the car to settle. Next thing I knew I was pointed about 40 degrees left. The splitter didn't make it as far as the car did. Sadly, the replacement splitter took a fatal hit on the opposite side of T5 two weeks ago. Splitter #3 is in the mail. Follow me over the jump at your own peril.

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)

Follow me over the jump at your own peril.[/b]
    Quoted for truth.

Is it Friday yet?
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Follow me over the jump at your own peril.
    [/b]

I don't plan on following anyone over the jump too closely. Will anyone be there for Friday practice? I am planning on making the afternoon session.

Also, is there usually tire support there? I may need a few tires changed.
    Russell White
    Indianapolis, IN
    '85 Toyota Supra ITS #14

Hoosier Midwest is usually there but if you need anything from them, you need to call them today. One, to get your order in and two, in years past they've actually not been able to get enough guys to come due to the holiday weekend and end up not coming at all. So if you need them, you need to call them now.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Pack those rain tires....

Friday - AM Showers, 71°/51°, 40%
    Saturday - Few Showers, 72°/58°, 30%
    Sunday - Showers, 67°/48°, 40%
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Pack those rain tires.... [/b]
    If I had some. At what point are street tires better than Hoosier R6's?

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)

Don't forget to bring a rake too! They usually cut the grass right before this event, and it's usually pretty thick afterwards.

The track didn't seem that much different when we ran the National a few weeks back...maybe a bit bumpier in the area leading into and out of the bowl, otherwise it was pretty much the same.

Have fun guys!
    2002 Cen-Div ITC Champ
    (Converted to G-Prod in 2003)
    (Bumped to H-Prod in 2008)
    2008, 2011 HP Cen-Div Champ
    2011 HP National Champ

Everyone have a great time this weekend! Remember, go fast, stop slow.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Speaking of Mr. Baker, this will be my first event being Isaac equipped. Sweet, now I can really run into some stuff! I'm anxious to try the system out as I only hear good things from those who use it. If anyone wants to check them out, feel free to stop on by.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Pictures/results/video... Come on people - lets hear how it went. I'm glad it is over - still bummed I missed it.
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

A fun weekend, and the car ran awesome the whole time. Two more wins. Full on wet setups both Saturday and Sunday morning. We had the ITE/TCC and AS cars in our group, so it was fun putting my car on the outside pole in Saturday morning's rain. I went from 2nd overall to about 12th overall by turn two. I've never been so scared during a start in my life than when a dozen 700hp fire breathing beasts were right behind me. Then Sunday morning's qualifying race was wet too, so I drove from 12th to 2nd in only seven laps. I pissed off a lot of Corvette guys and hurt some ego's. I loved it! The video's great - I'll get it up eventually. So of course Sunday's race was a replay of Saturday's - start 2nd, go to about 12th by turn two.

Awesome weekend. Got to work on my rain setup, car performed great in both the wet and the dry, nothing broke and I didn't hit anything. All I've got to do for Mid Ohio this weekend is re-intall a wire that pulled out on the TraqMate's data port, adjust the rear sway bar, and mount up the new rubber. That's it. Bring on Mid Ohio!

edit - "I think I'm going to need a bottle of NOS.......actually, better make it two."
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

My best weekend ever, by far. My group had a dry track both sessions both days, which I'm very grateful for, since I don't have any rain tires. I won the pole on Saturday (first ever - wohoo ), but really got schooled on the start. With a veteran behind me (Lance Loughman) and beside me (George Russell), I was third when we passed the starter. Managed to go side-by-side through 1 and 2 with George in 2nd place, but had to tuck in behind at 3. They checked out on me and that's how ITS ended - Lance, George, Me, Russell White.

Sunday's race I got to the leader's (Lance) bumper with a couple laps to go and we had a great time working through lapped traffic, but I had no opportunity to advance. ITS finished Lance, Me, George, Russell. I forgot to turn off the video camera after the morning session, so my best race didn't get recorded .

Kudos to Russell White who was about 1.5 seconds off the pace on Toyos . Russell, you just keep running those tires, OK?

I had the biggest grin on my face watching Kevin run up through all those Vetts - way to go Kevin.

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)

[/b]
    A Honda towing a bunch of 'Vettes. Now that's funny.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

What can I say? My car's making great torque this year! :P

(Gregg - the Isaacs were awesome. By the end of the weekend I was getting into them pretty quickly. I also couldn't even tell I was wearing them once the cars started rolling. )
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

What happened to Ian - did I miss a thread somewhere?
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org