Thread: Grattan - Memorial Day Weekend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What happened to Ian - did I miss a thread somewhere?
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

What happened to Ian - did I miss a thread somewhere?
    [/b]

No. I'm just lazy and didn't post about it. The NASCAR/Busch car/whatever thing running in SU I think (with no competitors) got in between Steve and I racing for 3rd. In turn 3 he stuck his nose down under Steve and I went behind him to follow him through the hole if he stuck Steve to the outside. But Steve came down to his apex and him and the NASCAR hit, spun Steve to the inside and I ran into the back of the NASCAR when he checked up. It wasn't that hard but the NASCAR thing just has a hoop to protect the fuel cell, no bumper, so my car took the whole hit. I didn't think it was that bad (it looks like I hit a pole), I could tell the hood was bent and watched the gauges real close for about 6 laps. But I have stock gauges and it looked fine so I forgot when me and Steve got back together racing for 3rd. Then coming onto the straight to take the checker (4th at the time) it started cutting out and wouldn't rev past 5K. Then I looked over and noticed the temp pegged. Put the clutch in and it immediately shut off and started billowing smoke. I rolled across the line for 4th and had to be towed back. Hopefully it's just a headgasket, but I'll take my time between the MO nat/reg and the IT fest to make sure it's fixed correctly.
    Ian

No. I'm just lazy and didn't post about it. The NASCAR/Busch car/whatever thing running in SU I think (with no competitors) got in between Steve and I racing for 3rd. In turn 3 he stuck his nose down under Steve and I went behind him to follow him through the hole if he stuck Steve to the outside. But Steve came down to his apex and him and the NASCAR hit, spun Steve to the inside and I ran into the back of the NASCAR when he checked up. It wasn't that hard but the NASCAR thing just has a hoop to protect the fuel cell, no bumper, so my car took the whole hit. I didn't think it was that bad (it looks like I hit a pole), I could tell the hood was bent and watched the gauges real close for about 6 laps. But I have stock gauges and it looked fine so I forgot when me and Steve got back together racing for 3rd. Then coming onto the straight to take the checker (4th at the time) it started cutting out and wouldn't rev past 5K. Then I looked over and noticed the temp pegged. Put the clutch in and it immediately shut off and started billowing smoke. I rolled across the line for 4th and had to be towed back. Hopefully it's just a headgasket, but I'll take my time between the MO nat/reg and the IT fest to make sure it's fixed correctly.
    [/b]
    That just plain sucks. I noticed that car in the back of the field in the pic The Orange Whip posted up of the start.
    Puts the 2 batteries and 1 alternator I had go bad at Putnam into perspective.
    Quit being lazy and get to work!
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org