Thread: ITE in the SE Division

I might be moving to Central FL because of a job transfer. I looked at the SE Dev web site and, althought there is a reference to ITE rules, I can't even find the class being included in any of the race groups in recent results. Is the class actually active in the SE Div? Also, can someone point me to the SE Div regional race schedule for the rest of the year?
    Thank you in advance...
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T
    ITB Volvo 142 (in the making)

SEDiv Schedule

We do not have ITE in SEDiv but we do have SPO and SPU.

SEDiv Class Rules

The Atlanta Region has ITO & ITU which is ITE everywhere else.

ITO & ITU Rules

The class is not active, yet.

Tom Sprecher

ITE is run in NC region and Buccaneer. I ran ITE this weekend at VIR. ITO which is ITE plus American Iron cars runs in Atlanta and Central Carolina. The rules are somewhat different, but with some luck the regions will agree on a single set of rules.

I know that Atlanta will push SEDIV to add the class so that its more than just and exercise.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Thank you for the information. It makes sense now.
    Anthony
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T
    ITB Volvo 142 (in the making)

To clarify Rob's statement, CCR and Atlanta Region are both running ITO(ITE) and ITU in 2007, which gives many of the AV8SS, NASA, PCA, BMWCCA, etc. folks a place to play at our races without having to cut their cars up to run SPO/SPU. CFR and Florida Regions run P1 & P2, which I believe are pretty much the same thing. NCR & Buccaneer are running ITE, yet the AV8SS guys running at VIR this past weekend were required to run in SPO?!? (I don't understand that, but it's not my event.)

We will also be running ITO & ITU at the ARRC in 2007, just as we did in 2006.

Assuming the numbers pick up the way I believe they will once word gets out, I will "encourage" SEDIV to adopt ITO/ITU as SARRC classes. I don't see that happening for the 2008 season (which is determined at the July 28 Mid-Year meeting), but I'd like to start lobbying with the RE's by then. The way to get their attention, of course, is to have participation numbers too large to ignore.

Butch Kummer
    Atlanta Region Competition Director
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

As one building a future SPO car, how would an SPO car fit into ITO (assuming ITO stands for IT Over)?

Ron

Check out the current CCR and Atlanta Region ITO/ITU rules at the link provided by Tom Sprecher in post #2 above (I'd repeat the link but I'm pretty much computer illiterate). A true SPO car (tube frame, slicks, no limit to cubic dollars spent) would obviously totally outclass any car based on a production platform, which is why we wanted to provide ITO/ITU for guys that have modified their "street" cars beyond what is allowed in the ITCS.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

This is a great class for cars that have IT based safety equipment that are not classed. Gives most anything a place to play without going to the expense of fuel cells and GT based safety equipment. CCR will also be supporting these classes at the mid-year meeting.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)