Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pocono Mechanical Protest

Haven't read all 4 pages of this, but here are a couple of comments:

Greg,

You're a stand-up guy in my book, why feel sorry for a cheater?

GTwhoeveryouare,

No witch hunt, guys using the process. And Windell's decision to take his car home is really no different than the guy that refuses to take the breathalizer when the cop pulls him over. It's an admission of guilt. If you're legal, you've got nothing to hide, and you get a free rebuild out of it, and more importantly, something that you can point to and say "I told you it was legal". There's no logical reason why someone that knew they were legal would give up the rest of their racing season and pony up more money.

Jake et. al.,

Why are you guys even wasting time w/ this guy (GTwhoever)?

Bob, I just noticed what I typed and I want to apologize to ERMA & NASA for the comment I made. I honestly didn't mean to say that because I DO know NASA cares about cheaters, I've seen them DQ some. I'm also glad to see that you care about cheating as well. If I would have proof read my statement more carefully, I assure you I would not have posed it and have since edited my statement.

Sincerely,
    [/b]
    Thanks Dan, you're a stand-up guy for posting that. Hopefully we'll get to meet face to face some day.

Hero To The Momentum Challenged

"I`m Here TO Speak my Mind" I`m glad it happened.
    His car sounded like a V8 with a super charger. His Idle was off. Just flat out Cheating.
    He new what he was doing for years. The 1st SCCA race I saw was him catching on fire from a blow engine.
    Be real. Sure he can come back we are a club but we will be watching.
    I`ve spent a lot of money to run 4-8th being passed by a guy that started last out of 40 cars and passed in the 3rd lap. Give me a break.
    Point is as it has been said this is a code. Were not talking about a water bottle. That does not improve the performance. I have to add weight to my car It sucks but hey thats what I have to do. Blaney left the club due to the fact Wendal broke his track record at WGI and had a big fight. Thats just wrong. Its like stealing from somebody`s car while they are on the track.
    We trust each other.
    And for those who are cheating this better be a wake up call because I`ll help write a check.
    Most of us are fair and do it by the book. It`s about doing the best you can with the car. I could not sleep with a win if I knew I was cheating.
    Lets be frank He CHEATED.
    CAMS, Pistons. Etc.... It was amazing when he was confronted just lied to everyone.
    He can drive a car. he`s been doing it for a while.
    Wendal just put in a leagel motor come back and drive your a$$ off like everyone else.
    Scott 07 CRX ITA NER
    <span style="font-family:Impact">Scott CRX NER ITA #0</span>

I had heard that he was suspected of cheating,but beating him in the NYSRRC Series (twice 2003,2006) in an under prepared Civic made it even sweeter. He was the only other ITA racer that I know of that had any interest in the series. That is disappointing to me, it is a fun series. I will run MARRS until interest is revived in the NYSRRC Series. So I guess they lost two competitors.
    Brad

Hi Barn guy

What you have to remeber he Blew up a lot so at times he would probaly have a plan motor.
    I have finished in front of him too. Tracks like WGI are Horse power tracks/short course.
    Look I like wendal he`s a nice guy. But cheating for racing is not new. How do you think the King got 200 wins. People get away with it for years. Its just redicualis when it`s done in Club racing. Its for fun.
    SCCA does a decent job of getting cars somewhat even but. ITS old Nissan`s Sentra are Fast. Some how they are not the one`s getting extra weight. Now if I had the monies I would change cars. But If I race as hard I can and have a blast racing someone for 4th or 15th thats what it`s about. So if I`m winning because I can drive in that place normaly but I have extra power for the straights it would seem to be hollow. I`m not good at golf, bowling ect. But I can hold my own in Reginal SCCA racing.
    I was in a race at WGI. started 5th and wendal started last. 24 cars. By the 2nd lap I was passed.
    He blew up or something with one lap to go. I had gotten up to 3rd. But when he broke I finished 2nd. :026:
    If people are cheating with big motor`s I feel they should maybe take a look at what they are doing.
    A lot of people are working hard and speanding money to drive fast and legal.
    The amount of money it must cost to soup up a motor tey could use on track time.
    I don`t know. When I raced go-kart the cheating was big and still is. They get tricky. Nitro, cams, coils.
    Intake. I payed for good motors and had them refreshed every other week. Thats what it takes.

Hey Scott - Nice to see you on the board again.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Tkczecheredflag NIce to see your doing well.
    Got to brake know and then now A.
    I always thought you had a brake light switch at LRP with your little car.

Can`t wait to race in a class with you.
    Scott :026:

SCCA does a decent job of getting cars somewhat even but. ITS old Nissan`s Sentra are Fast. Some how they are not the one`s getting extra weight. Now if I had the monies I would change cars.
    [/b]
    Why change cars??? A CRX can give fits to every ITA car on many tracks, and on the right track, a CRX is nearly unbeatable.

If you need proof, saunter over to the Mid Ohio IT Fest section and check out some videos from the Mosers!
    1st at MO, and 2nd and 3rd at the ARRCs. The CRX is pretty darn competitive.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

i am actually tempted to try a crx. light and if they are well sorted. i know one that was wicked fast at lrp. are they that scary to drive?
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

i am actually tempted to try a crx. light and if they are well sorted. i know one that was wicked fast at lrp. are they that scary to drive?
    [/b]
    Not at all. I have raced three different CRXs with friends of mine, and while they all had different setups, they were all actually quite nice to drive. I know from watching Joe M&#39;s MO video that it looked like the steering wheel never stopped moving. That&#39;s probably a function of setup and driving style, which obviously works for him!

The short wheelbase makes the car a bit twitchy under braking and in transition, but once you get accustomed to the feel it&#39;s not too scary. It doesn&#39;t seem to have the overall top speed of the Integra, which I&#39;ve also raced. If I were a FWD kind of guy I&#39;d build one in a heartbeat.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

HI
    The CRX I have is steady under braking. Not twichy at all. Although I`ve seen the affect of that with Blaney
    Behind the wheel. But he`s a mad man with one.
    Ray LeeChee had Blaney in front of him at NHIS coming out of 2 and for no reason it just SPUNNNNN. Another time in front of Ray again It just SPUNNN.
    It drives a lot like my old go kart. Tight and very quik responce. But yea The Integra can out power it.
    Scott

As a driver of a CRX (the lone CRX at NHIS races), I have not found the car to be too twitchy. But it is not forgiving under heavy breaking if the car is not settled/straight. As for Blaney spinning at NHIS Turn 2 - my car does the same thing thru turn 2. About 3/4 of the way thru the oval, the rear of the car likes to rotate. It can be quite unnerving to say the least. The best thing for it is nice new tires.
    Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

As for Blaney spinning at NHIS Turn 2 - my car does the same thing thru turn 2. About 3/4 of the way thru the oval, the rear of the car likes to rotate. It can be quite unnerving to say the least.
    [/b]
    Duly noted...........

Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I just had to take this opening ...

I spin because I try harder!!!!!

Actually the car can be quite twichy depending on how stiff it&#39;s sprung, and how hard it gets pushed. However what I do like about it is that you pretty much know when your on the edge, and how much more you can push it. It just takes a better man to know when enough is enough.

I just had to take this opening ...

I spin because I try harder!!!!!
    [/b]
    Tom - Sounds like the beginnings of a great sponsorship opportuity with Avis.

Saw Kill Hannah, Alice in Chains, and Velvet Revolver last night at Mohegan Sun - Can some one please stop the ringing in my ears? It&#39;s been a great summer for music anyway.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller