Well, if you weren't there, you missed a very eventful event...

- I was involved in a mechanical protest of a fellow ITA competitor. I'll provide the details in a separate thread.
- The IT session was one big group. Lots of cars, lots of traffic.

Saturday ITA qualifying had Andy Bettencourt on the ITA pole, about 0.8 sec faster than second place Greg Amy. Tim Klvana was in third, and Joe DiMinno and Windell Holmes rounded the top 5.

Saturday IT race had Andy leading the first lap, and Greg Amy leading the second, with Andy nipping at his heels. Then it began to drizzle on the third lap. The track was wet/dry for the remainder of the race; not enough rain to warrant anything but dry tires, but wet enough to make the place slick as snot. An unfortunate infield incident between Andy and Greg had them fighting to get back on the track, while Tim Klvana kept his nose clean and slipped through for a WELL-DESERVED first-ITA win!

Kip Van Steenburg won both pole and the race in ITS in his Miata; Dave Zaslow and Jeff Haines won ITB and ITC, respectively.

My Sunday information is second-hand; I was not there today (neither was Tim). Joe DiMinno was on the pole, but the session was black-flagged after the first lap due to an on-track incident (I'll let the participants elaborate). I've gotten word that Andy Bettencourt won the race hands-down going away (with a best lap within 1/10th of the track lap record, set by Tim Blaney in a CRX Si) with Rick Benazic in second and Joe DiMinno in a visual third.

As of this moment I have no results for ITS/B/C. - GA