Thread: F1 Garage Partitions?

Anyone know where you can get the partitions that you see lining the walls in garages like in F1 ?

http://www.f1-world.co.uk/images/wallpaper/8jor_gar.jpg

All I can find are the office partitions that are heavy steel & cloth. Looking for light, simple and cheap.
    Something to block off part of the shop from prying eyes.
    Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport
    Volkswagen Racing Equipment
    2002, 2003, 2005 NYSRRC ITB Champs

Some of the ALMS series guys do that too. I was a guest of the Dyson team last year once & they had all that stuff. It broke down into panels & poles for transport, but I didn't study it. It did look moderately heavy, but I guess when you've got an entire 18 wheeler to haul each car around in, a bit more gear probably goes un-noticed.

It looks like the kind of stuff used for convention displays.

http://www.displays2go.com

You can google "convention displays" and you'll get lots of hits.

I think you could fab your own fairly cheaply though. Some PVC frames, have someone sew some fabric with loops on two or four sides. It should be easy too.

There's also the curtains they use around welding areas.............

or these http://www.goffscurtainwalls.com/privacy.htm

Depending on how long in feet you require I would propose that using the cheap gray/brown/green tarps ( size 6', 8' x 20&#39 that Homer & other places have along with some conduit & tees from a free standing canopy with soome fabed "X"'s for the floor using bunges fromsame canopy would do the trick.

With that here is a little side for you all. Since I started racing (Spec-7 to ITA/7 to building a Spec Miata current) in year 2000 & meeting many racers I visit some of their shops now & then. One of the shops in the past raced a Spec-7 & the welcome matt was always in place even when we were competitors. A month ago I drove 45 min to their shop to shoot the $hit. Arrived saying hi to the two brothers, their father & they introduced me to a racer friend. While talking with one brother outside the wide open garage entry door this brother & I walked into the garage while continuing to talk. The other brother hot footed it into the garage questioning had I asked to enter THEIR garage. (In the past entering the garage was NEVER an issue.) My response was, yer jerking my chain _ _ _. NO I'm not, you need permission. I said good day to all & LEFT. I can't type what I would have liked to told the anal brother. Last weekend at a track the dufus waived to me like old times. If they had something worth viewing other than the anal brothers "ain't I important attitude" that's one thing but they ain't got $hit that is value added to me other than a past friendship. The whole deal bothered me a bunch...............
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Thanks guys but I'm really looking for something as close to these FRP or Plastic planels as possible.
    They will be used for sponsor boards in the future.

Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport
    Volkswagen Racing Equipment
    2002, 2003, 2005 NYSRRC ITB Champs