[attachmentid=956]I don't know how many out there remember August 2002 - The Saturday IT race started under the same conditions - The sky to the west was Purple - Thunderstorm - Lightning - and Tornado warnings were in effect and out we went.( btw - it was my First race with rookie school having been completed just 3 weeks prior) The picture attached was taken at the beginning of the race just as the sky turned Pruple.By the third lap it hit. The storm was so sever that there was substantial damage to all awnings/tents that were up. We sat at a total dead stop on the track for over an hour in a torrential downpour unable to move. For a novice - first race, the experience was something I will remember for ever, however, had the race officials had the same warning technology at the time, in retrospect, I would have appreciated them callling the race. I'm sure that some of the SOM's and staff in the booth last week were also there 5 years ago and they remembered what had happened back then which may have contributed to their decision they made last week. I too was disappointed since it was my first time back since the total destruction of my car last August, but I put it aside and I'm looking forward to Sebring in two weeks.

Mark