Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMP Memorial Day Registration open

Big news flash----TR8 makes the podium at CMP and still has brakes attached to all 4 corners!! :026: Jeff Young finally got the gremlins sorted out on the TR8 and had a great drive Sunday to place second in the SARRC race. Good to see all the drivers that came out to support our races.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Thanks Steve, it was a good run for me. Still aways to go before I can give you anything to worry about though.

Many thanks to the region for a VERY well run event. I was on the trailer and ready to roll about 1:30 p.m. Sunday. I liked the two day format, but I'm not an ECR/CCPS guy. Would like to hear what some of them thought.

Also, thanks to Steve and Vicki for their help and support with the car. It is much appreciated. Couldn't have gotten here without you guys. Now I have to figure out a way to beat you.......lol..........
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

i ran in the ECR on sunday and it was GREAT! i was a little concern about the length of the race because we started after 3pm but they let us run the full 2hr 5mins race. it was so great to see some friends like Matt and his wife again. Thanks to the other ITB team that we shared a pit stall with, even if you did beat me . car ran great with the new motor and i did find the next week link, TIRES. The track was very greasey on sundays ECR race but all went well

Yeah, the Triumph was looking pretty good...Much faster then I've seen in the past...The handling looks like it's getting there for ya.

Yeah Manny, the track was pretty slippery...made for some fun drifting thru the fast corners.

Even with the somewhat low turnout of ITB cars, it was still fun. Had a great time dicing with Marlowes blue celica, even though he beat me. I still learned a bit about racecraft from the experience (thanks for the advice Steve)

Manny, it may be time to upgrade from those Falken Azenis tires...I know I'm contemplating moving up from the toyo's to hoosiers...if the wallet allows that is
    "Entropy sucks"

Well we got our annual tech done... unfortunuately it was during our practice session (we were run group 1). That meant we had to bed our brakes in during the qualifying session. We had some tranny issues, ended up over revving the engine and I think we tagged a valve. Still we passed a bunch of cars with our old tires.
    Had a great time though, and hope I can actually have the time to meet some of you next race.

1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54

I had a great time at CMP as well. I thought the SARRC grouping went well and the schedule worked fine for us.

My lap times were a good bit off from last time, but given what happened before I suppose that's understandable. Here are some highlights from Group 1, Sunday's race.

http://media.putfile.com/2007-SARRC-CMP-Ra...X7---May-26--27

Joe
    E' meglio bruciare, piuttosto che svanire lentamente

IT7 - #72 - www.joe-racer.com
    2006 SCCA SE Time Trials Champion / Street Mod

Big news flash----TR8 makes the podium at CMP and still has brakes attached to all 4 corners!! :026: Jeff Young finally got the gremlins sorted out on the TR8 and had a great drive Sunday to place second in the SARRC race. Good to see all the drivers that came out to support our races.
    [/b]

Congrats! After the suspension failure at VIR, I know your happy to see a great result. Good job! Wished I coulda been there to witness this glorius event

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Anthony, was wondering what happened to you guys. Sorry to hear that.

Matt, Hoop, thanks for the props.

Joe, meant to come by and say hello. Good race on Sunday, enjoyed the vid.

NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

I don't see any results for the CCPS race. Any ideas?

<~~~ DUH!! Found it. Sorry.
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C

Why only sat results? No sunday?
    "Entropy sucks"

No ECR results?

Sunday results added to original post. I will check on the ECR. I didn&#39;t see it was not included.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Sunday results added to original post. I will check on the ECR. I didn&#39;t see it was not included.
    [/b]
    Any luck Steve? I can find everything but the ECR.

We have provisional results and can not post them until they are approved by the ECR people. Look for them on the ECR website and I will post a link as soon as they are released. Sorry for the holdup. I was unaware of this procedure.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Per GCR 3.7.2 as updated in the March Fastrack:

"...Additionally, the organizers shall provide Official Race Results (printed or photocopied) for each entrant either during the event, or shall mail photocopied results, at the event organizer’s expense, within seven (7) days after the conclusion of the event."

Yesterday was seven days, need I ask if the results are in the mail?

If not, you should protest the organizers.

Just don&#39;t let them know you don&#39;t have a washer bottle.

Tom Sprecher

ECR results.