Thread: Get your IT7 spec tires NOW - here's where

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

For those who have forgotten, in atlanta in 2006 February race the spec tire rule was removed due to a rule descrepensy and done so by the SOM ...snip...[/b]
    Yes Kurt, I'm equally baffled by that decision as the copy of the IT-7 Spec Tire rules that was on the SEDIV website at that time clearly indicated what "our" wet and "our" dry tire choices were.

I've been told, on several occasions, that the framers of the IT-7 Spec Tire Rule had discussed tire choices with Appalachian Tire and had their full support for our use of the Toyo tire.

I don't see how we can say the Roebling SOM acted in the best interest of the class because they were reacting to one competitor at the expense of the others. Those competitors signed up for an IT-7 race. Each had the option of signing up for an IT-A race and they chose not to do so. Let me say that again, each of those IT-7 drivers "chose" to enter an IT-7 race. The region promised them an IT-7 race but cancelled it after accepting their money. What's a better term for that type of situation "bait and switch" or "fraud"??

As the posters to this thread have pointed out, there are many sources for our spec tire. Simply showing up at the track and expecting to find them without any prior notification is not one of them. And neither of those two points are new. Appalachian Tire has always been consistent and up-front about their need for prior notice to deliver Toyos at the track. Personally, I will continue to try to repay them for all of the help they've given me over the years by going to them first when I need tires. I can only assume that they will understand if I have to temporarily go elsewhere if they temporarily have more demand then they can fulfill.

The IT-7 numbers have been very, very strong this year. Looking at the entry list for VIR, the trend appears to be continuing. The class will remain strong and continue to grow as long as our adhoc committee members, Regional Executives, and other SEDIV officials continue to allow the class to be defined by the wants and desires (within the constraints of the GCR) of the majority of the IT-7 drivers.

Scott Gallimore
    worker, nat comp license, IT-7 driver,
    North Carolina Region Board of Directors, Member at Large

The IT-7 numbers have been very, very strong this year. Looking at the entry list for VIR, the trend appears to be continuing. The class will remain strong and continue to grow as long as our adhoc committee members, Regional Executives, and other SEDIV officials continue to allow the class to be defined by the wants and desires (within the constraints of the GCR) of the majority of the IT-7 drivers.
    [/b]
    By the SARRC points numbers on the SEDiv website.

'05 - 65 IT7 drivers
    '06 - 50 IT7 drivers
    '07 - 32 IT7 drivers

Where's the growth?

In 2 years the class has been cut in half. I want to thank the adhoc committee members, Regional Executives, and other SEDIV officials for weeding out the competition so I can start this my racing hobby of mine with a chance to win. Look at who jumped ship after the spec tire rull to ITA and never came back and you'll understand what I mean. Other classes in the group got faster and we got slower. Who wants that? There are pros and cons to spec rules but in this case I think it's killing the class.

As far as true democracy and the majority ruling; it sounds good on paper but fails in practice. That's one reason this country was set up as a republic.
    Tom Sprecher