Thread: Best Tire Deal Ever

Many people wonder why I left IT and went big bore. I said running a late model ASA stocker would be cheaper and many folks said I was smoking something funny.

Hoosier ASA Latemodel asphault tires - bought 9 brand new discountinued with free shipping $680. 9 Hoosiers for my ITS car would be around $1800.

Check out the Hoosier discountinued tire section - great deals. But make sure you buy enough to keep an operational set - i.e. an extra tire for the overcooked turn that made your inside front tire square.

Life is good!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Ben, how much did you say it recently cost you to fix that thing?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Dave, we could ask you the same question.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

No worries Dick, Dave will more than cover his prelude expenses when he sells his freshly painted Neon race car...aka "Cloudy". I will say that thing just pounds around. Tough little bugger!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I did have a big bill for a magnesium tail housing on my Richmond trans - that was oddball and I'd expect most folks don't have a trans like I do - highly customized. But even the difference there was $275 for a stock Richmond part to $425 for a custom built part.

But heck, everything else costs losts less that what I was spending with Mazda at a discount. And there's lots of used racing parts in great shape readily available from many circle track series.

(Now if you're asking how much it cost to fix after I demolished it - don't remind me - but that would be the case with any car)

Hey - I need more cars in this class to play with!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

I agree the hoosier clearance was great for me. Actually better then expected. I remmeber in December I checked it and my size S05's where 142 a tire, I forgot about it (told myself wait till after xmas.) Then at the end of January I looked again and they where 102 a tire (so of course I bought 8) cuz thats what I would spend on 4 R6's.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

No worries Dick, Dave will more than cover his prelude expenses when he sells his freshly painted Neon race car...aka "Cloudy". I will say that thing just pounds around. Tough little bugger![/b]
    Doh! I have to say that I was surprised at how good the brakes are on that Neon.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Doh! I have to say that I was surprised at how good the brakes are on that Neon. [/b]
    I smell ITA in the air. Too much competition there for Gran though... :P Ya - where has Jake been? Maybe ITB.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967