I'll take any help on this one, and I guess this would come under the general heading of "I should have read the instructions BEFORE I started putting together the tricycle", but the quote below is from the 2007 NARRC rules (which I JUST read), and if I read this correctly, I MUST race at LRP at certain races according to this?

"To be eligible for double points at the NARRC Runoffs, a driver must qualify or race at NARRC races at Lime Rock presented by Mo-Hud AND Northern New Jersey, AND one of the New England races. [That is, at least one race presented by each of the those 3 Regions.]"

So, this means that I MUST race at the May 19th race (Mo-Hud), AND I MUST race at the August 11th race (NNJR) (now I that I have already made my committments for the Cincy IT Fest, which looks like it's going to be a BLAST and a great value for seat time!) and that I must race in one of the two NER races at LRP, that are scheduled for a either a one day event in June after a Driver's School, or a one day event ON THE FOURTH OF JULY! If I don't do the above, I give up double points for the NARRC? Is this NEW for this year? I don't recall this being part of the requirements in any other year?

And, on a slightly separate note, the CHEAP DATE at NHIS is no longer a NARRC event? But the single day event (sprint race) at the RAL is a NARRC race?

In any event, it's not the end of the world one way or the other, because I was really trying to do as many doubles this year as possible to get the best use of my "racing budget", it just seems odd to me that we are being "required" this year to race at LRP as much as this if we want to have double points at the NARRCs.

There is probably a very good reason for the change this year (if it IS a change), just as there is a good reason to read the instructions before you start to put together the tricycle (as my wife has been so kind to point out to me in the past!), so if anyone can enlighten me, thanks.

Tim M