Thanks Jake, that is a great summary of Lime Rock ("LR") history. I wonder if there's any way to race on Sundays at a further reduced sound level, or if it's more a matter of the church and/or community opposing the additional traffic to/from the track on those days? Just a thought, but electric car races that I've seen elsewhere have been extremely quiet (no intake or exhaust noise)

Dave, I didn't understand the details before, but it sounds now like there was mutual benefit to both Skip Barber ("SB") and LR. The benefit to LR was apparently not in the form of subsidy, but perhaps in the form of a minimum guaranteed income. Doesn't SB mostly use weekdays? If so, I would guess that those dates would not normally be (or previously were not) all booked or salable at full price.

EDIT: Just saw Jake's last post. So, do we think that the dates used by SB could ALL be sold at a higher price, or just a few of them? For the track, more filled dates may be more valuable than a higher price for just a few dates. Also, it was my impression when I worked for SB in '94 that they didn't seem to need as much track support as club dates required.