Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SportsCar May 2007

I must have gotten mine too early.... anyone else read page 6?
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

***anyone else read page 6?***

Published by Haymarket.............
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

how about the screw up of The Legend KenT Prather's name 900 times in the Volunteer of the Year article?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I must have gotten mine too early.... anyone else read page 6?
    [/b]
    Is that the ad for the Speed Channel program to air on April 21st? Just got my issue yesterday.

Or the editorial about MyScca.com, which indicates that the site is ready for us to use, but loads up saying "Coming Soon".
    Dave Webb
    Bare Bones Racing
    '84 VW GTI
    #17 ITB

Without pointing fingers, even though it's not published by the SCCA, the strange appearance of SportsCar magazine is pretty much a reflection of the current state of leadership in the national office.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

I don't have my copy of sportscar yet but is myscca.com going to be http://ams.scca.com/netforum/eweb/DynamicP...e=LoginRequired ???

Very cool feature on the website!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote: "Without pointing fingers, even though it's not published by the SCCA, the strange appearance of SportsCar magazine is pretty much a reflection of the current state of leadership in the national office."

What is that comment supposed to mean???????

It means the black helicopters and tinted out SUV's are on their way to get you!!!!
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

http://www.myscca.com/community/home.do

A place to create your own "webspace" complete with uploaded pics, blogs, etc.
    Dave Webb
    Bare Bones Racing
    '84 VW GTI
    #17 ITB

On the last Sporstcar, after noticing how one issue doesn't even last me er...one..."sitting", I counted how many pages of meaty stuff are in it. For a club racer like me, I'm talking about 2-3 regular columns and maybe a feature article. The regular columns...include Randy Pobst's column, the featured driver, the featured worker...maybe the young driver feature. Yep, the rest of them I don't even bother to read anymore. Then there's the featured article...sometimes (Like the Ghost tracks, etc.). Formula car buying guide...is that really needed? I have no clue...maybe those companies don't market any other way? New car tests, new products, pro racing, blah. Gimme Grassroots Motorsports any day. Take the good stuff from Sportscar (including some stuff for auto-x guys which I don't read) and publish it in Grassroots and save the $600k/year minus whatever it costs to buy 10 pages in GRM. Just my personal opinion...

With Fastrack online, I haven't read much of an issue of Sportscar in - quite literally - years.

K

With Fastrack online, I haven't read much of an issue of Sportscar in - quite literally - years.[/b]
    I personally like receiving the magazine. Quite honestly, about the only way I remember to look at new Fastracks is because people post it here. Out of sight, out of mind. Maybe if it had a auto generated e-mail reminder?

Take the good stuff from Sportscar (including some stuff for auto-x guys which I don't read) and publish it in Grassroots and save the $600k/year minus whatever it costs to buy 10 pages in GRM.[/b]
    One needs to fully understand the Haymarket / SCCA relationship (which I do not claim to) before coming to that conclusion. They also manage the SCCA’s website, which also has its pros and cons. In a previous thread, I thought someone indicated that the SCCA doesn’t pay to have Sportscar printed with this arrangement.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Maybe if it had a auto generated e-mail reminder?[/b]
    You've not been exploring the web site, have you? As part of your profile you can have them send you an email when Fastrack is posted.

What, you think the rest of us are checking the site daily...?

I personally like receiving the magazine. Quite honestly, about the only way I remember to look at new Fastracks is because people post it here. Out of sight, out of mind. Maybe if it had a auto generated e-mail reminder?

[/b]
    <div align="center">FasTrack E-MAIL NOTIFICATION</div>
    SCCA members may register to receive an automated e-mail notification each month when the latest issue of FasTrack has been posted to the web. To register for e-mail notification, simply edit your Member Profile to request the notification. If you have not yet accessed your Member Profile, visit SCCA.com and log on by clicking the “SCCA Member Login” button at the top of any page or the “Member Login” button in the Members section of the left hand navigation bar.

http://www.scca.com/Garage/Index.asp?IdS=1...358C0&x=090|005&~=

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

What, you think the rest of us are checking the site daily...?
    [/b]
    Of course not! I only check two or three times a day, but only between the 16th and 20th of the month!

Kidding....I&#39;ve been getting the informing email for a year or more.......
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

What, you think the rest of us are checking the site daily...? [/b]
    Well, ummm.....
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote: "Without pointing fingers, even though it&#39;s not published by the SCCA, the strange appearance of SportsCar magazine is pretty much a reflection of the current state of leadership in the national office."

What is that comment supposed to mean???????
    [/b]
    Not as good as it used to be and far from as good as it needs. It&#39;s an opinion that I&#39;ve heard from many people (other than Mattberg!), and one that I&#39;ve seen to be true.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Chris owes everybody a drink ........ he brought up THAT NAME!
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

They also manage the SCCA’s website, which also has its pros and cons. In a previous thread, I thought someone indicated that the SCCA doesn’t pay to have Sportscar printed with this arrangement.
    [/b]

So, we&#39;re each paying about $10 for SportsCar magazine (more if you consider some are family memberships). How &#39;bout we save that over-half-million dollars and instead go full web? (I&#39;m not interested in your "but some folks don&#39;t have Internet access" argument. Some folks couldn&#39;t read but that still didn&#39;t stop magazines and newspaper from becoming the old standard of info broadcasting...plus, there are plenty of public libraries that offer free access.)

Or, better yet, be really smart and team up with a existing magazine like Grassroots Motorsports and have them publish club-relevant info in the back....oops, too late...