Thread: 260Z Carbs - GCR Spec Line Same as 240Z

Did something happen on re-working the weight of the 260Z? It now lists the same two carbs as the 240Z on the spec lines. While I think that is a good idea as it allows each motor to reach similar power levels, albeit with the weight higher on the 260 for the slightly larger engine, I didn't think that this had been done.

Jeffery pointed this out to me today and I'll be danged if it isn't true. Now it could be that it is simply saying two Hitachi one barrel SU carbs, since I think both are Hitachi one barrel SU carbs, although I'm not sure.

Regardless I'll use my flat tops, they work okay for my car and skills.

Ron

Ron... I'll go out on a limb and say that nothing has changed. I'm looking at my 2003 GCR and it has the same "(2) Hitachi-SU (1V) Carburators". That has always been interpreted as having to run the carbs that are associated with the spec line year of the car.

I've heard that there are some folks out there that can get equal power out of the flat tops.
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Ron... I'll go out on a limb and say that nothing has changed. I'm looking at my 2003 GCR and it has the same "(2) Hitachi-SU (1V) Carburators". That has always been interpreted as having to run the carbs that are associated with the spec line year of the car.

I've heard that there are some folks out there that can get equal power out of the flat tops.
    [/b]
    You know, I thought about that as I drifted off to sleep in that maybe I'd just never looked at eariler spec lines in the GCR - and you are right!! I'd never counted on racing this 260Z so I'd never looked at the specs on it - until now since it is my race car, for better or worse.

The electrics are coming together fine since CMP and I found a short in the harness that was a drain, as well as killing those voltage regulators on a regular basis. So, essentially I raced Rockingham sort of crippled only on battery - no wonder it wouldn't pull hard at 6k, Jeffery went to school in it on battery, and the race I finished at CMP was on battery too because it fried the regulator that I replaced in the paddock there.

Hope to make Roebling this weekend.

Ron

This line has been this way for many years. The carbs that are on the 260 were used in very similar form on the '73 240. I ran some 240 carbs for a while, but didn't really see a difference on the track. Not saying that either was top of the line, or that my car is really right, but I didn't see a difference. When my 260 carbs are right on the top end, they will blow more black smoke than an unregulated diesel. Really tough on the eyes!

Someone commented about ERaditz doing these carbs right. Have you seen anything he didn't do right? Huge tallent, and a very nice guy. He bailed me out big time at Atlanta a few years ago.

Mike