Thread: Need a source for vinyl graphics

Thumbs up

I need some new graphics, the usual stuff like numbers and letters, plus a couple of logos made. Is there anyone on the forum doing this sort of work? I could send files tomorrow and would like to get them in 5-6 days or so. There was about a year ago but I lost the fellows name on my old computer. I'd rather work with someone who knows the biz and support the IT community.

Ron

Ron,

IIRC,

There are a couple of folks on here that cut vinyl. I believe the Blethen boys were doing it, as well as another guy from New England, Alan Lourenco (sp?)

Give www.squierdesign.com a try. A New England region guy.

Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

Call Ken at Southern Signworks...He is an ITB racer and did all the graphics including flames, etc.. on my ITS car. He's kinda new to driving recently but certainly not new to the sport or graphics. A great guy and can get the job done on a timetable you need for a reasonable rate. He can be reached at 678-852-1357, located in Atlanta. Chris Newberry
    Chris Newberry
    Atlanta, GA

I'll second the vote for Mike at Squeir. Good guy and gets it done quick.
    John Weisberg
    BERG Racing
    Rochester NY
    203-556-0427

http://www.berg-racing.com/

ARTEO Graphics
    678-640-8839

Arteo Graphics did some numbers and letters for me. He was very quick and threw in some freebies. I found him on this site. His email is [email protected]
    Steve Beckley
    Walkersville MD
    MARRS #87 ITB MR2

Ron,

IIRC,

There are a couple of folks on here that cut vinyl. I believe the Blethen boys were doing it, as well as another guy from New England, Alan Lourenco (sp?)
    [/b]

We do have a 24" vinyl cutter. We more or less had it because we wanted to play around with graphics and it costs so much money to pay someone then change it again! We also thought that maybe we would someday get into the business So far we just cut for the cost of vinyl... very cheap! If we don't have the color you want then you purchase the roll of the color you want... then most just leave us the leftover. So to make a long story short.... if you have the logo's and all the specs so we just download a file and print and if we already have the color you want it is probably going to be very very cheap!! Only catch is that Raymond has the cutting machine at his place and he is on vacation in Myrtle Beach and won't be back until tomorrow. Feel free to send him a PM if you are still interested and he should respond tomorrow afternoon.

Stephen

I got stick of spending $ for cut vinyl and bought a Stika 8" cutter new for $300 with supplies last year. The size is something I have learned to work around and it's a hobby-grade machine, but It's paying for itself.

I got stick of spending $ for cut vinyl and bought a Stika 8" cutter new for $300 with supplies last year. The size is something I have learned to work around and it's a hobby-grade machine, but It's paying for itself.
    [/b]

Isn't it fun to make your own graphics and if you don't like them pull them off and throw them away on your way back to the laptop to try something different! Definetly one of the best purchases we made being a 24" it was a bit more than 300 bills though

Isn't it fun to make your own graphics and if you don't like them pull them off and throw them away on your way back to the laptop to try something different! Definetly one of the best purchases we made being a 24" it was a bit more than 300 bills though
    [/b]
    Absolutely!! And Roland supplied some software that you can grab a jpg and make a logo. It also uses any font that will run in XP so custom fonts etc can add a nice touch.

Third for Squier!

-Kyle

please excuse my ignorance, but with these vinyl cutting/plotting machines do you basically just take a sheet of vinyl and you can design a logo/picture or just numbers and it will print the picture and cut it out?

thanks

These machines are just the "printers" for a computer and software program that outputs to them.
    Dave Webb
    Bare Bones Racing
    '84 VW GTI
    #17 ITB

please excuse my ignorance, but with these vinyl cutting/plotting machines do you basically just take a sheet of vinyl and you can design a logo/picture or just numbers and it will print the picture and cut it out?
    thanks
    [/b]

Graphics depend on the software you use... You can desighn/draw out graphics in the program and cut those, but if you want to "import" a design you made in another program or stole then you may have some issues... The basic programs that allow you to cut numbers/letters will also cut graphics but only if they are the correct format... and/or monochrome (1bit).

The cutter however will cut anything you give it

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com