For what it's worth,

..... I run a 5:12 with the P225/50ZR-13 Hoosier, everywhere. The car is not capable of running out of breath because it cannot overcome the resistance. Charlotte is our fastest track in the SEDIV and I do not reach my Target RPM of 8250 by the time I reach the start finish line.

..... So , you might want to try running the P225/45ZR-13 Hoosier. The ratio turns out about the same with the 4:88.

..... Rule of Thumb, is like Jake mentioned. You want to have your rear gear peak out just before you reach the fastest point on the track. The lower the better 5:12 Vs 4:88 Vs 4:66 Vs 4:44. Reason is: A lower gear will give you better performance exiting the corners.

..... We have two tracks here in the SEDIV (CMP & Homestead) that the ideal set up is the 5:12 with the P225/45ZR-13 Hoosier just because there are no long straights.

..... So my answer to your question is. More Gear (4:88 w/ P225/45ZR-13) not higher ...... since we have No Torque

..... Here is a Circle Track point of view that I have always worked towards: http://www.circletrack.com/techarticles/ct...end_gear_ratio/

..... Rickey Thompson
... 2000,01,02,04,05 SEDIV SARRC IT7 Champion