Thread: Billet wheel spacers

Default Billet wheel spacers

whats your opinion on using some 1" billet wheels spacers in the ITB class

Are you asking in terms of regulatory, technical, or usefulness? Regulatory-wise, they're compliant to the regs.

safety wise

I assue these are the kind that bolt to your hubs and then have another set of studs for the wheel?

like Greg said, complaint, but why? what application requires an INCH of wheel spacer, or even allows for it? Are you looking to run +35 or so on a mustang?

I run something like this. Hell might be more than an inch thick. Helps get the track out a bit. I've had no real issues with them safety wise, have run them for years. I did go through wheel bearings fairly quickly until I actually learned to pack them correctly with a bearing packer and also switched to high end NEO grease.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

As long as the studs are long enough, there is no issue. I don't care for Spacers that separately bolt on.

I like the 4 stud style , not the bolt on. (I can monitor the torque easier .)
    I have never used 1 in for the little cars tho, just the stockcars.
    The most I use for the SCCA, HP cars is 1/2in.

But either way, they work fine.
    Wide is faster for 99% of the cars.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Isn't there a limit per the GCR to how much additional track we can add to an axle? I thought it was 1.5 inches in total.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

7. Wheels/Tires
    a. Any wheel/tire may be used within the following limitations:
    1. Cars may not fit wheel diameters larger than those listed on their spec line. Knockoff/quickchange type wheels are prohibited. Wheels must be made of metal.
    2. Tires must conform to 9.3.45.
    3. Track may be changed to accommodate larger tires, provided that there is safe tire/fender/chassis clearance under all conditions of steer, bump, and rebound. Wheel spacers are permitted.
    4. Tire tread (that portion of the tire that contacts the ground under static conditions) shall not protrude beyond the fender opening when viewed from the top perpendicular to the ground. To determine compliance, the vehicle should be rolled through a powdered substance, as raced with driver, in order to indicate the tire tread contact patch under static conditions.
    5. Any wheel stud, bolt, and or nut is permitted.
    6. Maximum allowable rim widths: ITR - 8.5 inches, classes ITS and ITA
    -seven (7) inches; classes ITB and ITC -six (6) inches.
    Matt Green

ITAC Member- 2012-??
    Tire Shaver at TreadZone- www.treadzone.com
    #96 Dodge Shelby Charger ITB- Mine, mine, all mine!
    I was around when they actually improved Improved Touring! (and now I'm trying not to mess it up!)

Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    As long as the studs are long enough, there is no issue. I don't care for Spacers that separately bolt on.
    absolutely, unless you need so much spacer that even long studs get burried in the wheel. some applications don't have super long stud offerings, or like Jeff's, use the spacer to change to a more common bolt circle. and even when I run the 15mm ones I have, I have the pass through pockets coutersunk to accept low clearance lug nuts to secure the spacer to the hub AND the wheel as well, on the same studs.

still curious what the application here is, though.

My reason for asking is that alot of the lighter rims i have been finding are not quite the offset i wanted. By adding a wheel spacer it brings the offset to my liking. Thats all, just trying to save weight.