Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As the World Turns. . . CCR RE resigns, Lowe's cancelled

Wow. Please say it aint so...

It is going to cost me $240 to run Savanna in a few weeks. $250 to run Lowes does not seem unfair.

Next point.

Road Atlanta ECR_____CANCELLED
    double VIR ECR ______one CANCELLED & one moved to rock
    Daytona_____________CANCELLED
    Lowes_______________TBD

This is a bad trend. 4 cancelled races in 6 events.

Ben Robertson.
    4th in ECR Points in 2006: SM
    2nd in ECR Points in 2006: ITS
    Running an ITR and SM this year in ECR's

Anyone heard an update on Lowe's?

Anything on this?? Trying to get our schedule set?
    Chad Z
    #46 ITA

Wow... I step away for a weekend and our world changes!

I'm also trying to unravel this rumor... since USERA had been invited to host a short enduro on the Lowes June weekend.

I will post as soon as I hear something... assuming someone from the region doesn't beat me to it.

Maybe we need a LONG event under the lights???

I was planning to run the CCPS and the SARRC, this is my favorite track. I did my first school back in '92 at then CMS. I have missed three times since I got my license. Once due to an Appendectomy, once due to an engine that blew on the test day and once due to missing parts while assembling an engine the week before the event. Took over a week to get spares.

Looking at the grids, it is a slew of IT cars, a few GT's and a couple formula cars. How a bout a restricted regional that is one day? We might be able to get a better deal if we have the track for less time, and only run the groups that put the cars out there.

Just some ideas to save a venue that I really enjoy!

Mike

I spoke with new RE of CCR this afternoon and verified that officially Lowes has not been canceled (yet)...

Having said that, they are still struggling to make the budget for the event work.

During our discussion, I suggested that they consider a night enduro under the lights! That would make the event unique while moving some (all???) of the racing to the cooler evening hours!

If you like this idea you should speak up quickly. CCR needs to make a decision soon.

I'm still not sure what this means for the USERA part of the weekend... I'm waiting for them to make a decision on the event before I will know if we are still on the weekend.

During our discussion, I suggested that they consider a night enduro under the lights! That would make the event unique while moving some (all???) of the racing to the cooler evening hours!
    [/b]
    I've heard this mentioned before, and it is definitely interesting. Though last time (it may have been Daytona) it was said to have cost many thousands of dollars to turn the lights on. If true, that surely doesn't help the budget woes.

Light costs at Lowes is not that bad... and my suggestion was to drop Sunday (save a lot) and spend a little of that on the lights!

But, they will need to look at the overall groups and budgets to see if they can make it work.

If they decide to bail on the day... USERA might do it and run a LONG afternoon/evening enduro! We just need to make that decision real soon!

At this point all the proper people involved with Lowes event should have been notified. The CCR board met Tuesday night and has decided to cancel this years Lowes race. Many factors led to this decision and it is what we feel is in the best interest of our region. We apologize to all who planned to attend and plan to have changes in place to host this race in 2008. We wanted to give you as much time as possible to plan alternate races to attend. Thanks to all who have supported us in the past.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Truly a bummer. Glad I went last year. Any plans on a "rain date" for another CCR road race before the season is over? (I know that is a tall order to ask for, but why not ask).

Scott Franklin
    www.NutDriver.org
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C

Well....damn! I was so looking forward to this race now that I have an engine that runs!

Mike

Well....damn! I was so looking forward to this race now that I have an engine that runs!

Mike
    [/b]
    Mike, You & David need to come down to CMP end of the month and run.

http://www.sedivracing.org/2007Schedule.pdf

I guess it is official Lowe's is cancelled.....

I'm looking hard at getting my car there. David has a good bit more work to get there. I may be able to pull it off, I don't see him getting there in his car. I am itching to get in the car again.

Mike

I'm looking hard at getting my car there. David has a good bit more work to get there. I may be able to pull it off, I don't see him getting there in his car. I am itching to get in the car again.

Mike
    [/b]
    I hope you can make it. Looks like Guy Marvin is bringing his #33 240Z for the SARRC & ECR. I should be there taking pics.

I would pay the $250 to run at Lowes as well.......

It is defintely my favorite track on the East Coast.......