Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SARRC/MARRS VIR

Yeah, sorry about that Rick. I didn't know you couldn't switch out Triumphs. I figure when one breaks, just easier to bust out a spare car.
    [/b]
    Jeff,

..... Hey, that's the same thing some guys do with Miatas............

That sure is a nice shot of your car............. Wonder who painted it ?????

You painted THAT side. Fortunatley, they got my good side.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

All my paint work is hidden Ricky--you at least get your work noticed.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

All my paint work is hidden Ricky--you at least get your work noticed.
    [/b]
    Steve,

... Hope to turn a few heads this weekend because,........ I'm going to have her ready. Man is it great to have friends. I have had so many people help me the past few weeks that it leaves me speechless. But off the top I would like to thank, Bob Garmon, Paul Perez, Estus White, and Sam Moore. My dream car is going to become a reality on Saturday at VIR.

...Thanks Guys

...Rick Thompson
    .. ITR 98BMW Z3

Nice to hear that thing is getting on track, wonderful!!!

Are you running it with a top? Or are you going to go for the windblown look?

Wish I could make VIR, but the Z motor let go at a bad time and two weeks was just not enough time to get another one setup.

R

Whattttt Rick .. we won't be able to play passing games again??? Chuck
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

what a rough day... 1st I get the news that gramps isn't doing so well, at about the same time my father arrives at VIR with the car. He makes the decision to turn around, scrub the weekend and go take care of family, mMeanwhile I'm returning from a meeting in SC.

Later we decide that I should just take the truck -n- car to the track. So, as the car arrives for the 2nd time, Blair points out that the truck tranny is leaking fluid! GREAT! I park everything, go register and have to work out all the issues. Looks like I'm going to get AAA to pick up the Expedition, and hopefully my cousin can get the trailer and honda back on sunday.

Geeesh... I hope all the bad juju is gone from the weekend now!

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

hoop, feel your pain, hope it works out!!!

Alright, some one give me some IT race reports. Us folks with busted stuff are eagerly awaiting!

R

hoop, feel your pain, hope it works out!!!

Alright, some one give me some IT race reports. Us folks with busted stuff are eagerly awaiting!

R
    [/b]

Thanks!

Your report... I put the Honda in the Tire wall at 3 in this AM's qualifying!

Group 1:

ITA- Bowie Gray
    ITB Sam Moore
    IT7 Grover Mcnair
    ITC Brian Hooper
    SSC Stewart Black
    MSRX Joe Nelson
    MITA Alan Dohne
    MITB Bill Radford
    MIT7 James Hess
    MITC Beth Burkhard

I didn't see the Spec Miata race, and left b4 the finish of Group 7 (ITS, ITE, ITR and prod cars)... but I do know that Jeff broke coming into Hog Pen.

If I missed anyone, I appologize.

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

although crowded, it was a great weekend!

4 itr cars...(three of us "spec e36's" and ricky's z3)

very glad the its/itr crowd got moved out of the spec miata mess, even if it meant being the last group on a long hot day.

that tr8 did not look pretty sitting on the first apex of hogpen...what happened jeff?

anyone know the story on that first gen rx7 #30 running in its? that guy was freaking DANGEROUS and should not have been allowed to run at all by the stewards! his laptimes were in the 3:30 range...while the front group runners were in the 2:11's. a lot of scary moments were had and races screwed up trying to get around that crawling speed bump. if it was a mechanical issue, he should have fixed it or got the heck off the track. if driver, then he should not be out there. it is a wonder nobody got hurt.

That's Smokey Garcia. Real nice guy, raced for a while. Back in after a long lay off. I think he was having some car issues, but I agree he was way slow. I was at Hog's Pen worker's station for the duration; stewards ultimately had to call him in.

I sheared the caliper bolts on the right front. Teh caliper lodged up in the wheel well against the strut tube, locking the right front and bending the strut tube. I was lucky to just slide off to the right there. A shame, I had qualified 5th and was moving up. But you have to finish....

At least I got to watch a good race.......

Good to see 4 R cars out there. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello.

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

jeeez Jeff, that sucks. If it's not one thing it's another. I thought you said that thing had no braking power! Now it's grabbing the disc so hard the bolts are shearing?? Kidding...the bolts are probably some weird British impossible to get design, right?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Sorry to hear about the car Jeff. That was the worst I have ever felt a car at VIR. That gocart rubber on top of the fact that no corner worker seems to know what a black flag was?? EP car dropping oil everywhere and smoking so bad the oil was all over my windshield. Total BS some of those cars were allowed to trash the surface that bad without being called in. We were 4 seconds off our usual times and the G readings on the stack were horrible. OK-- I will quit with the complaining now. NCR did one heck of a job dealing with the huge car counts and moved things along as well as could be expected. It must be like herding cats to get 90+ spec miata's on grid.

Anybody know what happened in the ITS race on Sunday? The whole right side of my car was missing after Saturday so I loaded and went home.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

The whole right side of my car was missing after Saturday so I loaded and went home. [/quote]

Steve, what happened to you? Sounds like Jeff didn't have a good weekend either!

And just where were you at Dan??? Missed meeting you again. Another RX7 parked in my passenger seat. Lost the whole right side, rear trailing arm, and broke the exhaust in half when I went over the edge at hogpen. Finished the race but loaded up and skipped Sunday. Got to bust it to get ready for the CMP double Memorial Day weekend. Still had the original paint from building the car in 98. Guess it needed some love anyway.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

anyone know why the results for the last couple run groups for sunday are not posted on mylaps.com?

My car is two steps forward, 1.9999999 back. 2nd at Rockingham, and then failure/failure/failure. So it goes. I'll get it fixed and keep plugging. Running nearer to the front sure takes WORK......

That track was unlike VIR. Slick everywhere. The interesting thing is everyones slowed down, and I did not, so I was only a couple of seconds off the pace. When those RX7s can't wind up because it is slick, I like that...lol...

Dan, missed you at VIR. Was hoping to finally say hello.

Steve, you and Kent got together at the top of rollercoaster?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

My car is two steps forward, 1.9999999 back. 2nd at Rockingham, and then failure/failure/failure. So it goes. I'll get it fixed and keep plugging. Running nearer to the front sure takes WORK......

That track was unlike VIR. Slick everywhere. The interesting thing is everyones slowed down, and I did not, so I was only a couple of seconds off the pace. When those RX7s can't wind up because it is slick, I like that...lol...

Dan, missed you at VIR. Was hoping to finally say hello.

Steve, you and Kent got together at the top of rollercoaster?
    [/b]
    keep pluggin'! great to see "different" cars out there..although i would prefer to see it moving rather than a decoration in hogpen!!

i didn't think the track was that slick. i was 8/10's slower than i was a month ago, but i was crediting that to the air temp. guess i just wasn't pushing it fast enough....

Hats off to Ginny - she worked through many race related and not race related issues to pull off a smooth registration for a very large car count race without anyone knowing she had problems. Wish I could have helped more but I was laden with car issues. The region did a great job keeping the schedule and handling the transition from a three day event to a two day event - that made more sense than last year. Almost no complaints were heard.
    Rex T. Deffenbaugh, owner Happy Jap's Auto Repair, Cary NC, ITS and IT7 driver, driver liasion to NCR SCCA Comp. Board contact happyjaps.com

And just where were you at Dan??? Missed meeting you again. Another RX7 parked in my passenger seat. Lost the whole right side, rear trailing arm, and broke the exhaust in half when I went over the edge at hogpen. Finished the race but loaded up and skipped Sunday. Got to bust it to get ready for the CMP double Memorial Day weekend. Still had the original paint from building the car in 98. Guess it needed some love anyway. [/b]

Ouch Steve! Again, I missed meeting you and Jeff, it was not my intent. We had such a poor weather pattern in March & April I couldn't get out and test. With all the changes from ITS to ITR it has been a slow progression for the better. I used this entire weekend, from Fri to Sun to test @ Nelson Ledges where there was a double regional but only a very small field. I believe we will be very close with all the suspension settings we need to run the National @ Mid Ohio in DP on June 2nd. If we would have made the changes to the car we are doing now, I probably would have been a lot faster last year!

Sorry to have missed you two again and for your mishaps this weekend. I'm just glad you guys are ok. Let me know if you guys ever decide to come up north. I'm sure we could & would show you some northern hospitality. I am planning on ARRC this year.