Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SARRC/MARRS VIR

I just figured you would return the favor after all the times I helped you stop in turn 1 at CMP. Can't wait to get back to VIR FULL course instead of that short course we ran at Goblins Go. Glad that was the last time. Might see you at Roebling if we get done early enough Saturday with the RX8 at VIR. Hope to drive down Saturday night and run Sunday.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Why don't both you guys go park in turn 1. I'll be done there after a while, and I can use you guys to stop.

Seriously, Steve, get on down to Roebling. Lots of S cars, should be a good race.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I can use you guys to stop.
    [/b]
    Jeff,

..... I'm not sure we would have enough brakes to stop all that ............. LOL

Hey! I now have a working master cylinder. Braking just went from horrible to bad. Like i said, park in turn 1, I'll be down that way in a bit, and could use your help stopping..just like CMP!
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Hey! I now have a working master cylinder. Braking just went from horrible to bad.
    [/b]
    The sad thing about this comment is it is true. Bad is about as good as that car gets, even with 100% all new components. It brakes okay if driven 8/10ths, but drive it flat out or close to and things get sketchy.

R

I'm with Butch on Turn 12... done "right", it does get your heart rate up even in the "new" post-dip era.

I've race Road Atlanta in a number of cars... from the IT Trucks to AS as well as a few Motorola/Speedvsion Cup cars, and in all cases when you are on the limit through twelve, it's a blast.

I still miss the dip though. The extra speed you would carry under the bridge, while praying that the car wuld not track out too far, then holding on for the apex and track out through twelve was nothing short or diabolical. I wish they could have modified the track but left the dip in!

Butch, how are the esses from 4 to 5 now with the new paving? I imagine that section is really faster now?

looks like group 5 is oversubscribed (its/r/a). i hope they don't move classes around at this late date. anyone heard any news?

I thought ITA was running in Group 1 (which is also at 85+ cars). My understanding is that they're looking at jiggering the run groups. You've got one at the aforementioned 85+, one at 105 , one at 29 and one at 15.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Update....
    http://forum.specmiata.com/cgi-bin/ultimat...0877;p=0#000000
    Originally posted by NCR Registrar Ginny Condrey
    The Stewards have decided to move ITS and ITR from Group 5 to Group 7, so a lot of changes will be coming to the entry list--hopefully all will switch over tomorrow.
    Say hello to "Small Bore" ITS/ITR.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

I believe ITS ran with the "Small Bore" cars last fall. Best I can remember, it was relatively uneventfull.

Having been on track with 109 cars in an ECR last year, 85 will seem empty!

Of course, there might be one less... Sadly, I have some issues with my grandfather's health, that might keep me away for a day or two. We'll see.

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Thats just about stupid. We run lap times within a few tenth's of SRF at VIR and usually race with them there. The drivers have always been first class and stayed out of each others race. Group 3 was the best move. 24 cars in that group when I last checked. Now we can dodge GP cars and screw up all the production races. Sounds like the same crap as letting us run production if we want as IT cars. Maybe we are test mules. I guess they ignored Ginny. Yes NCR, this was a stupid move if you do it this way.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

We'll have to see if the rain scares anyone off. Chance of thunderstorms Friday 30%, Saturday 60% and Sunday 30%.

Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Well, I see that word got out about the ITS and ITR move to Group 7 before I could post something myself. I do need to clarify that NCR does not really have the say in this. We made the request for the groupings change to Group 3, but it is ultimately the SOMs' decision.

I do not have a reason for their choice--at least not one from the stewards, but someone has mentioned that in cases like this, it's typical to move to a later group--not earlier. The idea is that someone would not get word and arrive too late to make their run group. This is a possibility. I'm still trying to contact everyone involved to let them know of the change.

Speaking of this, please, PLEASE, put email addresses on your entry forms. Many of the drivers were sent emails at 12:30 this morning, but I couldn't possibly begin calling drivers that early.

Thanks Ginny. I will bring tar and feathers for the SOM's. Thanks for all your work getting the waiting list worked out so everyone can race.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

We'll have to see if the rain scares anyone off. Chance of thunderstorms Friday 30%, Saturday 60% and Sunday 30%.
    [/b]
    Fingers crossed for rain but no lightning.

K

Kirk, you are the man. The Aquaman.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Re:Groupings-

They won't do this, but it's pretty clear that the group car counts make more sense if the sports racers wen't into Group 3, the open-wheel cars were all combined and the IT/Miata groups get reshuffled into less crowded groups.

There are sixteen cars in group 2 - they could run a one-mile track and be GCR compliant. Meanwhile, one group is going to be oversubscribed despite the reshuffling and a second group will require a waiver to run.

5PM Tuesday:
    G1: 88 cars
    G2: 16 cars
    G3: 33 cars
    G4: 69 cars
    G5: 92 cars after moving ITS/ITR
    G6: 30 cars
    G7: 55 cars with the move.

Heck - give the open-wheel cars an extra lap to compensate the slower classes.

Thanks Ginny. I will bring tar and feathers for the SOM's. Thanks for all your work getting the waiting list worked out so everyone can race.
    [/b]

.......I would like to thank Ginny also. She does an outstanding job for all of us, Thank You.

....... As for the SOM's. I hope it isn't the same one that allowed a driver to qualify their car and then start a different car in the race from their original starting position. And didn't care to correct the problem after it was brought to his attention........ Hmmmmmmmmm

Yeah, sorry about that Rick. I didn't know you couldn't switch out Triumphs. I figure when one breaks, just easier to bust out a spare car.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

hmm...looking thru my photos from roebling....

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion