Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SARRC/MARRS VIR

Just a little heads up for the IT ranks. Registration is up for the MARRS/SARRC at VIR. :026:
    [/b]
    thanks...i'm in!

Same here. Marshall, you running in R or in S?

Ben and Taylor Robertson ran their E36 in S at CMP two weeks ago. Car looked good, seemed to run pretty good. Got a second and a third I believe. Steve E. is untouchable down there.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

thanks...i'm in!
    [/b]
    Be good to see you again. You know I plan to keep an ITR car off the pole? Let the smack talking begin. :P

Ben and Taylor Robertson ran their E36 in S at CMP two weeks ago. Car looked good, seemed to run pretty good. Got a second and a third I believe. Steve E. is untouchable down there.
    [/b]
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Jeff. I would not say untouchable but we have hit on a very good setup there. Finally got the car to work in the important places. Good luck at Roebling, I have to be at VIR with the RX8 GT so get a win for the NC boys. If we finish early enough Saturday I might tow down for Sunday.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Man, you were 5 seconds faster than anyone on Sturday qual, and there were a couple of good cars there (Steve P., Chris H., and when teh brakes work I do alright at that track).

Hope you make it to Roebling. Looks like Kip Van Steenburg will be there in the Miata, so that rabbit needs something to chase it (and it isn't me). The wildcard is Flynn's 190E is going to be there, never seen him run Roebling but know that car and driver are fast.

I ran 24 there at the SIC with old, old tires. Hoping for 23 this time around.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

[/b]
    R, of course. after all the bitchin' i did about restrictors and how a new class should be started....i had better be running in R!

Be good to see you again. You know I plan to keep an ITR car off the pole? Let the smack talking begin. :P
    [/b]
    heck, i am just hoping the R allowances enable me to keep you in sight!

[/b]

Steve, you seem like a hell of a nice guy from your posts. I hope get get to meet you @ VIR in May. I just wanted you to know, that I'm going to do everything in my power to "PISS ON YOUR PARADE"!

I really want to come and do this event. I've been trying to get to VIR for three years now and still haven't. Their events are always just at the worst times for me. I was all set to make the trip for the March event, but it got cancelled. Now in order to do this one, I'd have to race at ORP in Indy the weekend before for the GLDiv opener, piss off Mom, and then hit Grattan two weeks after that in Michigan. Ugh. I'd consider cutting one of the other two, but we have other team cars commited to going to them, so I have to be there regaurdless of if I race or not. Chances: slim to none.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Steve, you seem like a hell of a nice guy from your posts. I hope get get to meet you @ VIR in May. I just wanted you to know, that I'm going to do everything in my power to "PISS ON YOUR PARADE"!
    [/b]
    Sweet--I will buy the first beer. :026: We should try to find parking close together so we can rag each other all weekend. I just had to give my purple/black cohort a hard time. I look forward to that weekend every year because we get to race with so many different people.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Sweet--I will buy the first beer. :026: We should try to find parking close together so we can rag each other all weekend. I just had to give my purple/black cohort a hard time. I look forward to that weekend every year because we get to race with so many different people. [/b]
    Sounds Great, your on.

Ya, Marshall has beat me up the last couple races @ Summit Point (his home track). This year is a new year, so we'll see again the end of April. I believe Marshall will attest, if I have a chance of making you life miserable on the track, I will. Especially Marshall's since he's in ITR with me. Hey, it's all in good fun and we have fun learning about the cars and each other.

Hi Guys...I am new to this forum. I will be at both Roebling and VIR. I did my double school at Roebling, but don't have a lap yet at VIR. I am a rookie and I don't expect my car to be overly competitive either.
    Its a '95 Cobra R currently in T1 trim(full interior and exhaust out the back). By VIR it may well be in Motorola Cup trim, but still a street stock class configuration.

I just hope to get my laps in, learn something and keep the fenders on it. Oh and make some new friends.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

does anybody have suggestions for flying in to vir from nyc? so far the flights i find are expensive and they take 5 hours including a plane change. thanks rick
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Call Pilot G. Amy and throw him some $$$...
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Fly into Raleigh on Jet Blue direct from JFK. Drive 1.5 hours from RDU to VIR. Your other option is to get into Danville but that would be tough with any commerical carrier.

Fly into Raleigh on Jet Blue direct from JFK. Drive 1.5 hours from RDU to VIR. Your other option is to get into Danville but that would be tough with any commerical carrier. [/b]

My friend just did this in Feb (but from Pgh) for the nasa race but rented a car and drove from Raleigh. It's a pain in the ass no matter which way you do it.

Your best bet may be Contintental from Newark to Greensboro (Piedmont Triad). It's about an hour from Greensboro to VIR, maybe 30-45 minutes closer than Raleigh. Flight should be direct, should be no more than a couple hundred dollars on 21 day advance.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Sweet--I will buy the first beer. :026: We should try to find parking close together so we can rag each other all weekend. I just had to give my purple/black cohort a hard time. I look forward to that weekend every year because we get to race with so many different people.
    [/b]
    alright...the makings of the big ITR/S corral is begining. first one through the gate grabs some real estate...last one buys the beer! oooo, bad plan..that means we have to sit there and wait for the beer.

Sounds Great, your on.

Ya, Marshall has beat me up the last couple races @ Summit Point (his home track). This year is a new year, so we'll see again the end of April. I believe Marshall will attest, if I have a chance of making you life miserable on the track, I will. Especially Marshall's since he's in ITR with me. Hey, it's all in good fun and we have fun learning about the cars and each other.
    [/b]
    gotta watch out for that dj guy...crafty old jarhead....he let me win last year, then went and got a new engine and set track record at mid-o.....time for some grudge match, er, testing, action at summit in two weeks, eh dj?

this racing stuff is too much fun!

alright...the makings of the big ITR/S corral is begining. first one through the gate grabs some real estate...last one buys the beer! oooo, bad plan..that means we have to sit there and wait for the beer.

gotta watch out for that dj guy...crafty old jarhead....he let me win last year, then went and got a new engine and set track record at mid-o.....time for some grudge match, er, testing, action at summit in two weeks, eh dj?

this racing stuff is too much fun!
    [/b]

"Hey how about the last one in buys the beer? I'm going down for the test day. "

That will be a cold day in hell when I let a coastie win! You earned that race, while I was being used as a brake marker by, it seemed, like every AS & ITE car on the track. By the way Marshall I did notice a TARGET painted on my car after the race and I know I didn't put it there!

I&#39;ll definately see you at summit and we can plan our attack on Steve @ vir, but......shhhhhhh, mum&#39;s the word we can&#39;t let him know what were <strike>plotting</strike> scheming.

You know I plan to keep an ITR car off the pole? Let the smack talking begin. :P
    [/b]
    Steve,

.... If, and I do mean IF my BMW Z3 is ready, you better have that camera on and pointing to the front because you are not going to see me long....... lol

.... Rickey

Steve,

.... If, and I do mean IF my BMW Z3 is ready, you better have that camera on and pointing to the front because you are not going to see me long....... lol

.... Rickey
    [/b]
    You do plan to return the favor and be my brakes in turn 1? Good luck getting the car done, should be lots of fun. :026:
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

You do plan to return the favor and be my brakes in turn 1? Good luck getting the car done.
    [/b]
    Steve,

..... Brakes in turn one? Sure just be sure to push me on the right...... lol

..... Sam Moore has been working hard trying to get her ready. She may not be completed but I&#39;m going to run her anyway. Sort of a "work in progress"