Hoop -

Some of us are used to big fields in the sense that we dont mind them, bur for the guys that may not, heres my thoughts (worth about as much as you could sell them for):
There is a significant difference between say an 80 car ITC field and say an 80 car SPO or fast IT field. You will never see 170 mph and "have to make a decision" in ITA/B/C etc. That obviously is the extreme example, but the average speed difference in the big bore group necessitates quicker responses on average. Going wheel to wheel at triple digits enters a psychological realm that you dont see at speeds under 100. I am not saying that the 80 car ITA/B/C fields are not taxing/requiring less skill/etc. Far from it. I am simply lending thoughts counter to the idea that "we arent used to large fields".

Now that being said and for the record - I dont think 40 is too big at all! Actually, I like a big field (like in qualifying or especially in test n tune) even with the SRX7's mixed in, cuz it makes for fun driving and hones your ability to gauge gaps, closing speeds and make good or bad passing decisions in all areas of the track. In the end, all good learning experiences. The video is fun to watch too :-)

Also, I am one of the rare birds in Big Bore that absolutely *loved* Grand East in 2005. I know I'm weird like that. Why? Because I used to autocross and liked the tight, quick infield. I actually was able to catch and pass some of the higher HP and higher qualifiers in there. Personally I think some didnt like it because you basically had to be good on a fast and slow track. Its a mindset change requiring more thinking and patience as opposed to fast, flowing rhythm. Its a bummer we probably wont see it again at the double.

If I misinterpreted your post, well, heck. Ignore the crap I typed.