Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OVR Race of Champions Restricted Regional

Can anyone confirm that they are running the club course that weekend? Just want to make sure, I couldn't find it in the supps, my first time at MO also.
    I'll be there racing the National in FP.
    -Mark
    [/b]
    Mark, why wouldn't they? If it's your 1st time @ MO it shouldn't make much of a difference. But to answer your question, I'm 99.9% sure they are running the club course since the only time they run the Pro course is when there is a pro race or a double regional race where they want to do something different on the 2nd day. Don't forget this is a national with only 1 race and that's on Sunday.

BTW, good luck there and enjoy.

Definately club course.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I might need some help with some tire temps, a shock adjustment and hot tire pressures from someone who is running the regional race. I'll be in the National with DP and I might be at the track alone, other than my wife who never received her SCCA Crew license that I send for. I would be willing to help you with the same for your regional practice & qualifying temps & hot pressures, etc. If you can give me a hand, send me a pm.

Thanks

I might need some help with some tire temps, a shock adjustment and hot tire pressures from someone who is running the regional race. I'll be in the National with DP and I might be at the track alone, other than my wife who never received her SCCA Crew license that I send for. I would be willing to help you with the same for your regional practice & qualifying temps & hot pressures, etc. If you can give me a hand, send me a pm.

Thanks
    [/b]
    If you don't get any takers, let me know. I'm the co-race chair for the event and can be available to "help out"... I can make myself available
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Dan,

I will be there working course. I could probably break away for your session Where do you plan to paddock?

Dave
    Dave Burchfield
    GLDiv ITS #74
    Mazda RX-7(the one Kirk parked on the tire wall at Seattle)
    (or so I am told)

Thanks
    [/b]

I am in the same boat. I would love to have some help in exchange for some help. Say that ten times fast....
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Chris, Dave & Matt,

I'll be behind the double car garages near the gas pumps, on the asphalt, if possible. Look for a Red & Dark Blue BMW. I might have lucked out and my friend may be able to make it. Thanks for your offer of help, if you need help please stop by. Hell, even if you don't need help stop and say hi.

I'll be ther helping a friend in T2. So I'll be around for anyone else who needs help.
    Scott
    STU Z4?

Are the IT guys gathering anywhere in particular in the pits? I'm going solo, and thinking about tent camping to save some dough (depending on the weather). I could prolly use some help too...

Steve Sancricca
    ITA CRX #27

Steve, we'll have our ITA Integra, ITS Prelude, and Ian's ITA CRX (yes, it'll be back together in time) in our paddock. Most likely we'll be up on top of the hill where we always paddock.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Cool! I'll plan to pit up by you guys. What time do you usually get to Mid-O on Friday?

Great to hear that Ian will be there! The cool trophy from Grattan must have motivated him to work on the car (tunes + cold beer). Was there any engine damage?

I talked with Rief this morning - he is planning to be at Mid-O this weekend. He was pretty bummed that he had to miss all the fun last weekend...

Steve Sancricca
    ITA CRX #27

I'll be up on the hill as well, but don't plan on getting up there until Saturday morning.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Yes, I talked myself into fixing it on the long drive back from Grattan. It'll be sporting a two-tone paint scheme though. I don't know about actual engine damage. I just pulled the engine and am putting in my spare (stock) so I'll have to win on mad skillz alone.
    Ian

Yes, I talked myself into fixing it on the long drive back from Grattan. It'll be sporting a two-tone paint scheme though. I don't know about actual engine damage. I just pulled the engine and am putting in my spare (stock) so I'll have to win on mad skillz alone. [/b]
    I guess I missed the excitement - what happened?

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Yes, I talked myself into fixing it on the long drive back from Grattan. It'll be sporting a two-tone paint scheme though. I don't know about actual engine damage. I just pulled the engine and am putting in my spare (stock) so I'll have to win on mad skillz alone.
    [/b]
    Well, you got up to speed very quickly at Grattan...under difficult conditions too, with the rain and Corvettes to deal with. Pretty impressive for your first time there.

I'm glad you got motivated!

See you this weekend,

Steve Sancricca
    ITA CRX #27

Cool! I'll plan to pit up by you guys. What time do you usually get to Mid-O on Friday?

I talked with Rief this morning - he is planning to be at Mid-O this weekend. He was pretty bummed that he had to miss all the fun last weekend...[/b]
    We usually get up there around 8pm or so. It's only an hour drive so it usually depends if we load up on Thursday night or not. If so, we could be there as early as 6 if we wanted to.

I figured Reif had to of been planning on this weekend since he didn't do Grattan. Tell him to pick up some extra "A-game" before driving down. :P

I just pulled the engine and am putting in my spare (stock) so I'll have to win on mad skillz alone.
    [/b]
    Ohhh, be sure to take video of that!
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Are the IT guys gathering anywhere in particular in the pits? I'm going solo, and thinking about tent camping to save some dough (depending on the weather). I could prolly use some help too...

Steve Sancricca
    ITA CRX #27
    [/b]

You'll be able to find me on the asphalt in the lower paddock. I will be sharing space with a SSB Mini Cooper. Looking forward to this weekend.
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777

I was just reading the supps and the Sat Qualifying race is for lap time not finishing position. So I guess you could not worry about the morning qualifying time, get a bad start and have clear track in the qualifying race? Or are they going to change it so that it's worthwhile to line up and have a start?
    Ian

RESTRICTED REGIONAL RACES: (Group 7) (6 Classes)
    1 This is a Restricted Regional race, Sanction No. 07-R-XX-P., open to SM, ITS, ITA, IT7, ITB, ITC only.
    2 Restricted Regional Entry fees are $200 (for credit cards add another $10.00, total of $210).
    3 The Regional Race is open to Novice Permit holders, Regional license, & National license holders.
    4 The first session will be qualifying by time for a grid position in the Qualifying Race.
    5 The second session will be a 10 lap Qualifying race with no awards; lap times will determine the Sunday grid, not finishing position.
    6 The Sunday races will be 20 laps (same as the National Races), with the same trophy distribution.
    7 IT7 definition: First generation Mazda RX-7's with 12A engine, prepared to ITA specifications.[/b]
    It appears you are correct. Kind of just makes Saturday morning "practice" and Saturday afternoon "qualifying", doesn't it?
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Looks like rain, bring them wets!

I can't remember the last time I ran at Mid-O and it didn't rain? Maybe I should stay home so you guys can have a dry race?
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777