Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OVR Race of Champions Restricted Regional

Supps for the OVR Great Lakes Race of Champions National and Restricted Regional IT & SM Races are now posted on the OVR website.

Format: Sat-AM practice/qualifying, Sat-PM 10 lap Qualifying Race (no awards), Sun - 20 lap Race.

Classes: SM, ITS, ITA, IT7, ITB, ITC - all one race group.

Sounds like good practice for August!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

On it like white on rice.

Really I'm just happy that something's finally been released so people can stop asking me if I know anything about it. :P
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Supps for the OVR Great Lakes Race of Champions National and Restricted Regional IT & SM Races are now posted on the OVR website.

Format: Sat-AM practice/qualifying, Sat-PM 10 lap Qualifying Race (no awards), Sun - 20 lap Race.

Classes: SM, ITS, ITA, IT7, ITB, ITC - all one race group.

Sounds like good practice for August! [/b]

Hey, why no ITR!? Who can I contact about this? Can I run DP in my ITR car to get the track time??

ITS to ITC on track together is a large span. Adding ITR would just make it too big of a spread from top to bottom. If I read the rules right, you can run in BP/DP in an IT car... You would be required to have a national license, but you should be able to. I'll try to get some clairification for you on this.

Sorry about the ITR thing. We really wanted to include them (along with some others), but just couldn't fit it in the schedule. Once we see how this year goes, hopefully we can do more next year.

Matt
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

ITS to ITC on track together is a large span. Adding ITR would just make it too big of a spread from top to bottom. If I read the rules right, you can run in BP/DP in an IT car... You would be required to have a national license, but you should be able to. I'll try to get some clairification for you on this.

Sorry about the ITR thing. We really wanted to include them (along with some others), but just couldn't fit it in the schedule. Once we see how this year goes, hopefully we can do more next year.

Matt [/b]
    Matt, please get me the clairification. I'd really like to run my car @ MO before the August event. I do have a National License. I am hoping they will take my ITR parpared car in DP without me jumping through to many hoops. LOL! this will be a 1st! Everyone always took there National to regionals to test to get ready for a National. I'm taking my regional car to a National to test for a up and coming regional. Matt, I hope you guys don't think ITR cars will be 5 seconds faster than ITS. There won't be that much of a time spread between the 2 classes.

Thanks

Really, how many ITR cars could you really expect? Three, tops?
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Really, how many ITR cars could you really expect? Three, tops? [/b]
    I was thinking the same thing Kevin but I didn't want to seem argumentative.

I hear what you guys are saying about times and counts for ITR. I'd guess that you are correct on both counts. The problem is that you might be wrong and someone shows up with a 'killer' ITR car and is more than 5 seconds faster than the top ITS car... The unknown with the cars/class is where the concern comes from. I'll work to get you your answer as soon as possible about the DP classification.
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

I hear what you guys are saying about times and counts for ITR. I'd guess that you are correct on both counts. The problem is that you might be wrong and someone shows up with a 'killer' ITR car and is more than 5 seconds faster than the top ITS car... The unknown with the cars/class is where the concern comes from. I'll work to get you your answer as soon as possible about the DP classification. [/b]

Ahhhh, I love being in the ITR class which will instill Terror & Fear where ever we go. The Roar of our engines will quake the earth beneath the feet of the lower classes and send people running to protect the women and children. Sorry, got carried away.

On a serious note, your apprehension is noted. This is your party and I'll be happy to comply.

I thought I'd post up some of this stuff for you guys and get some interest going for this event!

The supps - http://www.ovr-scca.org/downloads/roadrace...ROC%20supps.pdf
    The schedule - http://www.ovr-scca.org/downloads/roadrace...%20schedule.pdf
    The entry form - http://www.ovr-scca.org/downloads/roadrace...nal%20entry.pdf

Some interesting bits for us "restricted regional" cars:
    I was under the impression that we'd be getting one practice session, one qualifying session, and one race; standard national format. This is not true. Saturday morning features a 20 minute qualifying session which will set the grid (by time) for a 10 minute qualifying race on Saturday afternoon. We are the only group who will be doing this, so that's kind of cool. Then on Sunday afternoon, we will be getting a 19 (or 20) lap race. (On the schedule it says 19 laps, in the supps it says 20. Matt, any input?) Either way, that's a long ass race! In typical regional weekend we're only doing something like 13 or 14 laps. Seriously, this is an ARRC length race. Also, this is the only opportunity for anybody who's planning on running August's IT Festival to get out on Mid Ohio before then. I should also point out that for us "retricted regional" cars, the OVR set our entry fee at only $200!

I really hope that many of you will be coming out for this event.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Looking at the schedule, I'm not really going to have to do anything until about 2pm on Sunday. So in that spirit, hey Matt, what kind of beer are we having Saturday night?! I'm going to do something stupid - calling it now.

Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Kevin, The usual choices. I'm not driving that weekend, so I guess we will see who does something stupid first... You know I really enjoy the party on the National weekend. Usually involves someone walking me to the van so I can pass out!
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

So who else is going to make it to this race? Can we see a show of hands?
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

So who else is going to make it to this race? Can we see a show of hands? [/b]
    I'll be there in DP.

So who else is going to make it to this race? Can we see a show of hands?
    [/b]
    Me (ITA Integra), Ian Green (ITA CRX), and Brian Ehmer (ITS Prelude) will all be there. I also would not be surprised to see Joey Moser show up; no Bob though (I think).
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Me (ITA Integra), Ian Green (ITA CRX), and Brian Ehmer (ITS Prelude) will all be there. I also would not be surprised to see Joey Moser show up; no Bob though (I think).
    [/b]
    Looks like I'm going to be able to make it. A-arms going back in tomorrow with new poly bushings. Manifolds will go on too. Need to get a slightly longer bolt for the altenator, but that is a small issue. Planning on putting the engine back in Thursday.

Can't wait!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Me (ITA Integra), Ian Green (ITA CRX), and Brian Ehmer (ITS Prelude) will all be there.[/b]
    As long as I don't bend it up at Grattan. I don't want to spend my Memorial Day off fixing it, but that would be my only chance if something does happen.
    Ian

Margarita Motorsports will be there with 2 RX-7 ITS cars, 3 ITS Z cars and a ITA Honda.

matt

So far I'm the only C car. Maybe I should drive backwards insted of watching my wink the whole time.
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

Can anyone confirm that they are running the club course that weekend? Just want to make sure, I couldn't find it in the supps, my first time at MO also.

I'll be there racing the National in FP.

-Mark

Mark Carpenter
    GGS Racing.com
    FP Integra #38
    ITA Acura Integra #17 --SOLD--

UNC-Charlotte and CT