Thread: Kumho Endurance Championship Series

As promised a endurance series for the masses. Below you'll find information about the first contingency worth over $125,000. I am currently working on other contigencies and hope to annouce them soon! As of the moment we also have $2000 in a non contigency prize fund which will be for the top 3 overall teams. I expect this amount to grow and hope to pay out much deeper.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kumho Endurance Championship Series

See updated rules in a later post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will have more information soon. I will be at all events to help you sign -up. Please note there is NO COST to enter into the series!!!! You do not have to be on Kumho tires to be a part of the series. There will be other contigencies and cash prizes coming soon( fingers crossed). Tophies will also be awarded!

Any questions please let me know.

Roland

[email protected]
    614-307-0307 cell

Thats great to see Kuhmo putting money into Club Racing like that, and to top it off you dont have to be on their tire to collect their money, well atleast for the overall standings.

Oh and here are links to the different races:

Kumho Tropical 12 Hours of Homestead - http://www.tropical12hours.com/

Kumho 12 Hours at the Point - http://www.12hoursatthepoint.net/

Kumho’s The Longest Day of Nelson 24-hour - http://www.nelsonledges.com/NNwhatsN...aspx?newsId=23

Kumho Tire Charge of the Headlight Brigade 13-hour - http://www.ncrscca.com/drivers.htm#calendar

VERY cool, Roland! A neat concept, I think. It makes me even less happy about missing Homestead, though...

K

Thats great to see Kuhmo putting money into Club Racing like that, and to top it off you dont have to be on their tire to collect their money, well atleast for the overall standings.

[/b]

I'm double checking with Kumho but the cash prizes listed are for cars running on Kumho tires.

We currently have a Non Kumho cash purse totaling $ 2000 ( payout has not been listed yet.) and I expect that to rise by the end of the series as more companies come on board. :026:

Thank you very much for posting the links. This is a work in progress so please bear with me as it all comes togther.

Thanks to all of you for your support!

Roland

We'll take their money..... :P
    philstireservice.com 845-647-7407
    Hoosier/Toyo/Michelin/BFG Amsoil dealer
    Enkei Race Wheels
    Jongbloed SM Wheels
    Apex Race Wheels
    D-Force Wheels
    Race Tire Track Support NASA SCCA

Thanks to the "faces of Kumho tires" we see at the track - Rudy, Jason, Mike & Mike - for supporting road racing at the club level. Not only do they sell race tires, but they race'em too...and they're pretty good racers !

Your making me blush John....

Thanks for all the support, I think the new series is a great start to recognize the hard work and commitment all the teams put forth to run such enduros. The real hero in this is Roland, without his help this would simply be an idea.

The series is a work in progress.... there are some neat things to be announced so stay tuned for updates.

~Jason
    Kumho Tire Technical Center

Thumbs down

[attachmentid=909][attachmentid=908][attachmentid=907][attachmentid=907]This weekend marks the first of the four events in the series. The rules package has been modified so take a close look to make sure you see the changes. Talks are currently underway with other sponsors, most notably Hoosier. Money and contigenies will be added even once the series starts. Remember entry is free!!

Kumho would like to remind everyone that pre-ordering of tires is required. The truck will only be bring tires that have been pre-ordered. Contact your local Kumho supplier for your order. If you need contact info please email me at [email protected].

I will be at all four events to assist with sign-up. Please note that the series will require you to run a windshield banner. I will have those avalible at all events.

See website at http://home.insight.rr.com/endurance for current rules
    Roland

ITA #16

With Homestead in the books, what's the current points picture for the championship? How many of the teams there registered?

Kirk

Well, at the moment only two teams signed up from Homestead, so for those who think it's too late to sign up...it's not. I'm working on a website now, hoping to have something by mid next week. I have attached an entry form for the Series. You can mail it to me or give it to me at the track, email....just sign up. Remember this is all free!! Just a few minutes of your time, A sticker or two on your car to make it look faster and your in the best series to come along for SCCA endurance racing. If you only doing one race, sign up any way ... you never know. Just sign up to show support for the series and get some stickers for your car. Even if your not on Kumho tires there is $2000 up for grabs, trophies and bragging rights!!!! Don't wait sign up now, tell your friends!

Roland

Hi all,

Current points and team information can be found here: www.kumhoecs.com

Thanks

Roland

That's pretty cool, Roland. I'll put links in our site where we mention the series...

http://www.it2.evaluand.com/gti/events07.php

Thanks again for your efforts with this!

K

Day-um. Shoulda gone to Homestead. But...we did get max points at SP. Guess we gotta get rough witch youze guys at the Nelsonring and VIR.

JW
    aka 3J's / Wild Child

JW,

You did set the mark for us at Summit... Wish our car would have had the good engine in it, but at the last minute it decided to Umm come down with the flu. We should be good for Nelson, home court advantage!

The 24 will be a hoot lots of good ITA cars will be on hand to keep us all pushing...a 24 hour sprint?

Remember it is the best of three and the 24 hour will be like two events in points. Not too late for some of you to sign up for the 24, a few spots left.

Roland

Rolland,
    Don't forget the BERG #2 car that finished 3rd in ITS at SP.
    John Weisberg
    BERG Racing
    Rochester NY
    203-556-0427

http://www.berg-racing.com/

A reminder to all:

Entry forms MUST be in my hand BEFORE the start of the race weekend. This gives me time to verify that all decals, class and tires are conforming to the rules. No entry form , no points.

Decals: I will be mailing out a new decal kit later this month to all that are registered. All decals from this kit must be on the car for the whole event schedule not just the race.

Please help me by mailing your entry in early, don't wait. Remember entry is free!

Thanks

Roland

I know that its early, but we would like to do this series next season. I am not sure about the 24 hour race, but the other three can be done.

As of today does next year look pretty strong with the same basic schedule? Thanx

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

I know that its early, but we would like to do this series next season. I am not sure about the 24 hour race, but the other three can be done.

As of today does next year look pretty strong with the same basic schedule? Thanx
    [/b]
    The answer would be yes. Maybe be a slight change or two but the plans are to continue and slightly grow. Would love to see a ground pounder running.

Roland

I am very pleased to annouce that we have a very nice new website thanks to Patrick @ Advancedgroup.net.

Check it out as it is 90% complete!

http://www.kumhoecs.com

It now has online sign-up!!! Remember it is free to sign-up... Do it now!

The old site will remain up for now but it will not be updated from this point forward. Offical results will only be on kumhoecs.com.

Roland

Points for Nelson has been added. Go to http://www.kumhoecs.com