Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IRP...errrr ORP

Nope, nothing on the oval on Saturday.
    That really is a GOOD thing. Really.
    Just pin a tail on Downing and watch him run around in circles after a few margarittas.
    :026:
    [/b]
    Damn. I always enjoy the Saturday night roundy racing. Enjoyable to go over and watch. Oh well. I guess that just means Margarita's, Corona's, and Dos Equis Amber at the RV. I mean, it will be Cinco de Mayo afterall, and ITA is in Group 4. I need to remember the party lights.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Yea - probably will end up running in circles Sat. night... Are we allowed to have a camp fire? I noticed that they are allowing camping now, so hopefully we can also do the fire thing. Nothing better than a bunch of drunk racers around fire!!!!

Steve, Are you staying at the track? We need to get a few in you on Sat. night! You can chase me in the circle (and no - you still won't be able to catch me). :P
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Yea - probably will end up running in circles Sat. night... Are we allowed to have a camp fire? I noticed that they are allowing camping now, so hopefully we can also do the fire thing. Nothing better than a bunch of drunk racers around fire!!!!

Steve, Are you staying at the track? We need to get a few in you on Sat. night! You can chase me in the circle (and no - you still won't be able to catch me). :P
    [/b]
    I'll be on the premises pretty much constantly from around 9:00am Friday to 7:00pm Sunday - although I do plan on going home to sleep at night.

Camping yes, giant killer fireball camp fires, no. In fact, no open fires whatsoever (sorry).

I have no plans on chasing in you circles at any time in the future - unless it's you doing the "circles" thru T1.
    (we need a spinning smiley icon on this board)
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

How about grilling? And what if the flame is a little higher than normal, and the grill is on the ground... And we are all sitting around with no food to cook... (But it really is a grill) Just lookin for the IT loophole in the rules!
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

How about grilling? And what if the flame is a little higher than normal, and the grill is on the ground... And we are all sitting around with no food to cook... (But it really is a grill) Just lookin for the IT loophole in the rules!
    [/b]
    I can't hear you. I can't hear you. I can't hear you. I can't hear you. I can't hear you. I can't hear you.

(Save me a "hot dog" from the "grill"....)

Is it too early to say that the weather looks really good for next weekend?
    Fri, May 4 - Partly Cloudy, 69°/48° 10%
    Sat, May 5 - Mostly Sunny, 72°/50°, 10%
    Sun, May 6 - Sunny, 71°/53°, 0%

It looks like Ian, Brian, and I won't be coming over for the test day, so we'll be rolling in around 8pm or so Friday. I can't wait!

I can never remember this. This time of the year, I'm gaining an hour coming from Ohio, right?
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

No time change this year... 5:00pm here is 5:00pm there. I'm not too happy that the 'free' hour of drinking has been taken away, but that means that I've got the 'extra' hour on the way home!

Not until 8:00 Friday!?!?! Man, I'll be trashed by then. Maybe I'll pace myself - you know I won't, but it is a nice thought! See you all next Friday!

I won't be checking here until next Thursday, so smack talk directed at me will need to wait until then for a response. Or wait until Sat. when I pass you!
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

I can never remember this. This time of the year, I'm gaining an hour coming from Ohio, right?
    [/b]
    As the spastic Mr. Downing indicated, no time change anymore. Indiana finally joined the 20th century regarding DST.
    Yes, you loose an hour of drinking time Saturday. But, you also don't loose an hour on you way home Sunday afternoon/evening.

Does anyone know of any in car video from IRP....ORP? Or a good description of a lap at ORP?
    Russell White
    Indianapolis, IN
    '85 Toyota Supra ITS #14

Does anyone know of any in car video from IRP....ORP? Or a good description of a lap at ORP?
    [/b]
    Russell, check the first post of this thread. Also, there's one point in that video where I ran a very wrong line, so don't do that.

Integra's corner weighted, second camera mount built and installed for dual camera fun, busted foglight replaced, and radio system re-installed. Other than that, it's ready to hit the track! I can't wait!
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

So what was the consensus concerning the I-70 construction for us traveling from the east? Take the outerbelt? South outerbelt? North outerbelt?
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

So what was the consensus concerning the I-70 construction for us traveling from the east? Take the outerbelt? South outerbelt? North outerbelt?
    [/b]
    I think your best bet will be to take 465 around the south side of Indy. Going around the north side is about the same distance, but there is typically heavier traffic there.
    They have been actively ticketing large trucks and anyone pulling a trailer.

They have been actively ticketing large trucks and anyone pulling a trailer.[/b]
    On 70 through the construction?
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

On 70 through the construction?
    [/b]
    Yep.
    Take 465 around. Takes an extra 20 minutes or so.

Is the construction on I-70 before or after I'd hit I-65? Like, can I take I-70 to I-65 to I-465 on the other side of town? That looks a lot shorter, but I don't know where the construction starts. I had heard it was only on the south side of I-70, west of I-65, but I don't know for sure.

Ugh, it seems like I've got a lot to do tonight.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Did some research on the interwebs, and the I-70 construction is actually between I-465 and I-65 on the east side of the city. So, we're going around. 28 miles on the outerbelt if you go north. 25 miles if you go the south route.

Ian and I are all loaded up and ready to go; just got to get this stupid work out of the way. Still hoping to be there around 8pm.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Results? Inquiring minds want to know.....
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Kevin Ruck won ITA on Saturday although he kissed the wall in doing so. Ian Green was second Matt Downing 3rd. Matt smacked the wall this morning in qualifying and was a DNS today. Kevin was leading when I headed out after lap 3. I'm sure those involved can speak of specifics. I can say that Indy region put on a great event although the track needs some serious paving. I was bounced around quite a bit in my SM.

Dave

Yup, won both days. Awfully rusty and didn't challenge my record at all, but overall please I suppose. FWIW, my tap of the wall was just that, a light tap. No real damage or anything like that.

Brian did awesome in our new and improved Prelude. He finished a close second to Tim Selby in his fast RX-7 both days but got down within 0.7 of Tim's track record set last year. We're very happy with that. We really need to get that thing handleing better in the tighter, twisty stuff though (hey, that sounds familiar!).

I wish they'd repave that track. I love the layout of it but it has just gotten so bad that I just couldn't bring myself to really push it. There's just too many places there that if you mess up, it's going to be bad news.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Reference this link to how I feel about how my weekend went:

http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...showtopic=11374

The word "melted" best describes my left front tire.