Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IRP...errrr ORP

Cage should be done Tomorrow. Picking the car up after work. Just about 20 things to do to have it ready. Entry going in the mail Tomorrow... I'll be at Kevins on Sat. for tech.

And Kevin - Yea, the blender - thats what we need! Looking forward to another Friday of drinking at the track!!!!
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

And Kevin - Yea, the blender - thats what we need! Looking forward to another Friday of drinking at the track!!!!
    [/b]
    We haven't decided about Friday yet. Either we're working and won't get to the track until late, or we'll blow off work, drive out Friday morning, and get Ian's car out on track for the afternoon test sessions. Usually the "blow off work" option tends to win, so that's the one I'd put my money on right now.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I thought about doing the test day to figure out the new parts, but every year I see someone 'trash' their car at the test day. I think I'll just drink

I believe this will be a guys weekend for us. The wives are staying home with the kids. We will miss them, but I'm sure we will get by!

Glad to hear that Ian should have a car together for this season! Looking forward to having him in the ITA field!
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

It should be done. But it might be wet when it gets put in the trailer. :P

It's all together. Well except for the rear anti-roll bar. I've driven it. Hopefully the belts will show up by Friday. Bought paint this morning. Stickers soon. New windsheild tomorrow. Maybe I should send in the entry?

I'm starting to think of blowing off the test day. I would like to "know" everything is good, and I would like to have ample time to sit and watch the sunset and drink margoritas. But I've driven it. It should be fine.

It'll be fun.

Oh yea. And new tires. So no more of this.
    Ian

Ah, windshields and roll bars are over-rated - you don't need 'em.
    Duct tape is your friend.
    I think you drive better on the hard boiled eggs.
    But nothing can help Downing......

Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

The cage is done and the car is home! Painting the cage Tomorrow. Finishing the bodywork (1/2-a$$) as usual. Fixing small things to get ready for Tech. Sat. Looking forward to drinks @ sunset!
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Matt, your car really has no idea what's going on, does it?

"WTF is this?! Is he....I think he......I think he is! He's working on me!"
    <then it does something like this>
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Matt, your car really has no idea what&#39;s going on, does it?

"WTF is this?! Is he....I think he......I think he is! He&#39;s working on me!"
    <then it does something like this>
    [/b]
    Or this:

Lets get this straight:

The car:

Me:

Steve:

:P

Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

OK, who wants to lay odds as to which one of us loops a car first?
    Me, Downing, or Green? Two of us have new suspension pieces and one has a whole new car.
    Special long-shot odds on Ruck maybe?
    Hell, I may just drive it down to T1 on the first lap of quals and pull the ebrake just to get it over with.

Did a track walk today at lunch, everything looks the same as last year (even Kevin&#39;s favorite tire wall).
    They did repave the grid lane, it&#39;s nice and smooth. Please save the rants about track paving - the grid lane is more important to the NHRA than any of the rest of the road course track surface. The use it as the return lane for the drag strip and that&#39;s their priority. Depending on this season&#39;s financial&#39;s, we may try and fund another paving project (yes, T2) next year.

OK, who wants to lay odds as to which one of us loops a car first?
    Me, Downing, or Green? Two of us have new suspension pieces and one has a whole new car.
    Special long-shot odds on Ruck maybe?[/b]
    Damn, that&#39;s a tough one! Well, lets see. Steve&#39;s never going fast enough to spin out, so he&#39;s out. Ian does kind of drive for a living, but he had several of course excursions last year. Plus that whole new car thing. Matt has been known to traverse the grass from time to time, and he&#39;s got the new suspension. But, I may have scared him into knowing how different his car&#39;s going to feel so he&#39;ll take it easy. Wait, this is Matt we&#39;re talking about. "Take it easy" lasts until about third gear coming out of pit lane for him. Then there&#39;s me. I managed to spin myself out of the lead in both races at IRP last May. Hmmm, a tough one indeed.

Depending on this season&#39;s financial&#39;s, we may try and fund another paving project (yes, T2) next year.
    [/b]
    NO! The washboard effect in Turn 2 is partially why the Integra can never loose at IRP!
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I&#39;m gonna go with Matt. I&#39;m showing up with the car more neutral so I can get through 2 better. Then I&#39;m just gonna wait for Kevin to spin.
    Ian

As much as I&#39;d like to bet on someone else, I&#39;m a sucker for a &#39;sure thing&#39; bet! I&#39;ll put $20 on me. Considering last year I made it about 1/5 laps before facing traffic... I&#39;m really going to try to take it easy at first, but I think Kevin hit the nail on the head - About 3rd gear leaving the pits, I get that "GOD I LOVE THIS RACING THING!" "How fast can I get thru this turn" "I can go faster" "Crap, I&#39;m backwards..."

Anyone have the results from last year? I&#39;m interested to actually look at lap times. This whole working on the car thing has me thinking about things other than just driving the car. (other than )
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Anyone have the results from last year? I&#39;m interested to actually look at lap times. This whole working on the car thing has me thinking about things other than just driving the car. (other than )
    [/b]
    mylaps.com, y0!

Saturday:
    http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=130871

Sunday:
    http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=130865

edit - Matt, I went out in the trailer last night and was like "Why do I have all of these rain tires in here?" and remembered that I still had your rain tires in there from the ARRC. So, do you want me to just leave them in there and bring them to ORP? Four years after building the Integra, I actually have rain tires for it now, so I don&#39;t need them anymore. :P
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Kevin,

Yea - if you could bring them, that would be great. I&#39;ll find a place to tuck them for the trip home. (Plus I might need them!) I forgot all about them
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

edit - Matt, I went out in the trailer last night and was like "Why do I have all of these rain tires in here?" and remembered that I still had your rain tires in there from the ARRC. So, do you want me to just leave them in there and bring them to ORP? Four years after building the Integra, I actually have rain tires for it now, so I don&#39;t need them anymore. :P
    [/b]
    Kevin, I got a free donut for you if your "forget" to bring them.......

Kevin, I got a free donut for you if your "forget" to bring them.......

[/b]
    Doesn&#39;t matter much.
    He&#39;d probably still beat you.
    I enjoy sprinkles.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Did anybody ask yet if there are roundy-round races that weekend.

Did anybody else notice that only Kevin, Matt, Steve and I have posted on this page. Losers!
    Ian

Did anybody ask yet if there are roundy-round races that weekend.

Did anybody else notice that only Kevin, Matt, Steve and I have posted on this page. Losers!
    [/b]
    Nope, nothing on the oval on Saturday.
    That really is a GOOD thing. Really.
    Just pin a tail on Downing and watch him run around in circles after a few margarittas.
    :026:

I plan on being there the whole weekend since I live in Indy. As for spins....well, I have only done one practice day at ORP and I spun twice.... I&#39;m looking forward to getting back on track and hopefully the winter modifications have made the car a little more competetive.
    Russell White
    Indianapolis, IN
    &#39;85 Toyota Supra ITS #14