Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IRP...errrr ORP

Alright, by my watch, we've got 40 days from today until we kick off the Great Lakes Division season at O'Reilly Race Park in Indianapolis. Yes, I know it was like 80 today and I'm terribly bored of the offseason, but we still have to wait another 40 days. Anywho, so who's going this year? I should be there, and I think Brian Ehmer in our ITS Prelude too. The weather for the past couple of years has been fantastic so lets hope for some more of that - I need to take some more time off.

As some of you may remember from last years IRP weekend, I did my best to try and loose races. However, it made for great video! So finally, I present to you, my in-car video from last years Sunday race! Now, I only made one mistake this whole race, so see if you can spot it. Also, because I'm showing this to you, everyone should be at least a second faster this year. Well, except for Steve, he could stand to pick up two. :P Oh yea, and don't try this at home, racing is dangerous, poster waives all liability, blahblahblah....

The start!
    Clip two.
    The finish.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Great video, Kevin. Which is the mistake that you talked about? The push in T1? The lockup in T6? BTW, I get the following message when I bring up the last clip - "This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request".
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Great video, Kevin. Which is the mistake that you talked about? The push in T1? The lockup in T6? BTW, I get the following message when I bring up the last clip - "This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request".
    [/b]
    Hahaha - whoops! That race was only three clips long, not four. So yea, the third clip was the finish. Sorry, I corrected it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Uhm yeeeeeaaaaa, the lock up in T6, that's it.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I have to bow out of that race. You likely won't see me until MId-O in June.............
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

I have to bow out of that race. You likely won't see me until MId-O in June.............
    [/b]
    Not even Grattan Memorial Day weekend? Lame.

So it looks like my Dad probably will not be racing at IRP. I think Ian Green and I will be coming over Friday so he can shake down his new CRX during the test day. I won't be doing that though, just loafing. Matt, feel like drinking again?!
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Kevin, Shawn and I will be there. I'm kicking around the idea of doing the test day (at least 1/2) to try out all the new parts. I've got the trans out and the suspension should be on this weekend. But drinking all day sounds like the best plan! I'm sure I'll figure it out in qual. and the race!!! Be sure to bring the blender!! I won't be sitting on the top of the motorhome this year (all day) and getting burned - sunscreen is my friend! Can't wait to watch the video. I think this year you should start with 5lbs or 60lbs of air pressure - give the rest of us a chance!
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Not even Grattan Memorial Day weekend? Lame.
    [/b]
    Yeah, and I never miss Grattan if I can help it. Not that I say this as a plug, but I'll be at Lime Rock that weekend for the Speed Touring Car race.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Videos take too long to watch. Which day was the day I had no tires and which day was the day we both spun? Or was that the same day?

This year, I want to lap Matt. Or, I guess if that doesn't work out, just Steve.

But yes, I plan on being there Friday to make sure there aren't any gremlins in the new car.
    Ian

Videos take too long to watch. Which day was the day I had no tires and which day was the day we both spun? Or was that the same day?[/b]
    I'm pretty sure that was the same day. That video is from Sunday, when we both spun.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Entry forms are posted up at http://www.indyscca.org/

And I am happy to say I have not been lapped by any of you at IRP.
    Well, except when I tried to blow all the rockers off the top of the motor a couple years ago in 10.....

This is also first call for anyone that would like to help out with our Level 1 PDX run group that we are integrating into the schedule. There will not be an instructor run group, so we are still working on some graft to try and get racers to help out and instruct.
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

As some of you may remember from last years IRP weekend, I did my best to try and loose races. However, it made for great video! So finally, I present to you, my in-car video from last years Sunday race! Now, I only made one mistake this whole race, so see if you can spot it. Also, because I'm showing this to you, everyone should be at least a second faster this year. Well, except for Steve, he could stand to pick up two. :P Oh yea, and don't try this at home, racing is dangerous, poster waives all liability, blahblahblah....
    [/b]
    Hmm, couple interesting items, not much of too much use I don't think.
    My car can't brake and turn like yours, so that's not much help. I can't get into T1 like that and I can't play with the apex curb at T9 either.
    I do like the down shift into T2, but I'm not geared right for it, at least until I can get thru T1 quicker.

Okay, you're right, none of us lapped you. But it'll still be fun to try.

Can we complain yet about having to run with the SRF's?
    Ian

Can we complain yet about having to run with the SRF's?
    [/b]
    Seriously, Steve, what's up with that? I typically wouldn't expect many of them to show up anyways, but with the SRF specialty race Saturday, there will probably be quite a bit of them. My 2600lb, huge Integra could really do very bad things to a SRF. I don't like it.

What's the deal with that PDX? Is it a Friday thing or a sprinkled through the actual race weekend thing? I'd probably instruct for it for entry fees or hot daughters.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Hmmm..... I've actually lost motivation to make this event happen. Not a big fan of the grouping. No handicap race (for It cars). I do like the price... I'll most likely be there anyway. You know I just want to beat Steve at his home track! And that shouldn't be too hard!
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Kevin, you could probably put more of a hurt on an EP Miata than an SRF.

Sorry, nothing I could do about it, I don't like it much either as the typical spread of lap times for both SRF and ITA are about the same. Going to be interesting, make sure you point your sideview mirrors down a little.... Depending on the number of entries, we can petition the Stewards for a split start if you like.

I also petitioned on having IT included in the specialty race, but was overthrown on that as well. Again, I agree, it sucks.

The PDX group is run as "Group 6" within the race weekend (there is no change to the Friday test day that I am aware of). On Saturday they will run after the Group 5 qual and again after the Group 5 race. On Sunday they will run as the first group, before the Group 1 qual and before the Group 1 race. This is why we have Wings N Things in Groups 1 and 5, as we feel we can draw more instructors from the closed wheel classes.

Also, all of you coming from Ohio, be aware of the "Super 70" project going on I-70 when you hit the city. The highway is a big mess and you may want to take I-465 around the south side instead. There's a link on the indyscca web site about it.

I'll be happy to start a betting pool to see how many people can lap me. Although Kevin, it was nice to see me passing you in your video that you posted. Hey, just because you pointed the wrong direction, that's not my fault....

Although Kevin, it was nice to see me passing you in your video that you posted. Hey, just because you pointed the wrong direction, that's not my fault....
    [/b]
    Yea, yea, yea. Did you also take notice of you pulling me down the front straight?
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Yea, yea, yea. Did you also take notice of you pulling me down the front straight?
    [/b]
    It looked pretty even to me...
    Whatsamatter, you have SR20-envy?
    I'll trade my suspension for yours.

It looked pretty even to me...
    Whatsamatter, you have SR20-envy?
    I'll trade my suspension for yours.
    [/b]
    No, not at all; you missed my point. I was just trying to illustrate how much my engine sucked balls then.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

No handicap race (for It cars).
    [/b]
    Now you didn't hear this from me........but if the IT guys want to petition the race chairman to allow an IT group into the "Spec Challenge" specialty race on Saturday, I'd suggest you make your views known.
    His email is on the entry form.....

Seventeen more days. The Integra and Prelude should hopefully be ready to go as soon as next Tuesday. Ian's CRX might take a little longer, but it shouldn't have any problem being there.

Also, Saturday is Cinco de Mayo, so I'm bringing my blender and Tequila again.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX