Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SEVENTEEN ITS cars at CMP -- Let's race boys

Good stuff this weekend. I enjoyed meeting a bunch of you guys at the track and had a great time on Saturday. Steve E, Ben, and Steve P. were in rapid transit mode for certain. I'm looking forward to some more races, but couldn't make Sunday due to electrical gremlins. Still a great time and I enjoyed my first S race down there.

Sorry the TR8 had some brake problems, but we've seen that movie before. We'll get it fixed. Sunday's race I hear had a bit of banging and crashing going on?

R

Ron - I about cr*pped my pants when your brakes failed in the first corner at the start of Sat's race! You shot off into the grass after just narrowly missing the front of my Rex. I corrected to the right which put me into the grass as well - and I ending up dead last.

But hey - that's racing. Anyway, that lit a fire under me to get back into the hunt. I passed about 6 cars in the span of 1 1/2 laps before realizing I was driving at 10/10ths and not my usual reserved self. The extra speed cost me and I hit the kink on the back straight with my foot planted to the floor and unsettled the rear just enough to cause the car to sway side to side (more than I wanted at 100+mph). The car stepped off the track sideways into the grass and I did my best to correct. Only to have it go backwards through the tirebarrier and kissed a tree. Nice. Pics of the carnage on the website.

Hopefully I'll get it back together in time for Savannah. Russel mentioned he may have a roller 1st gen available.

Joe
    E' meglio bruciare, piuttosto che svanire lentamente

IT7 - #72 - www.joe-racer.com
    2006 SCCA SE Time Trials Champion / Street Mod

Ron - I about cr*pped my pants when your brakes failed in the first corner at the start of Sat's race! You shot off into the grass after just narrowly missing the front of my Rex. I corrected to the right which put me into the grass as well - and I ending up dead last.
    [/b]
    That is actually Jeff Young in the TR8, I'm Ron and I drive the silver 260z.

High praise to Jeff for making a good race decision and saving some cars, including his. He had no warning of failure (qualifying was fine, brakes good, ran 58s) and on the pace outlap before the race had no problems. But going into the turn after green he tried to brake and had NO brakes at all from the front. He found an open side to the right and shot over there or else he'd have piled up into the braking line for the turn. I'm sure he'll write, but thanks for letting him over and good driving in missing him.

As one that works on the car a lot I apologize too for the brake failure. We didn't know that was going to happen, but apparently the master failed or went bad as she's not pumping much fluid to the fronts now, but was fine for the early sessions.

Thanks to all the drivers in that session that avoiding hitting him and damaging your car in the process. I was far back on the grid so only saw dust, and in fact didn't know he wasn't running until the end of the race when I came in.

Ron

Joe, that was me, and it was my fault. I owe you and everyone else out there an apology. The brakes worked fine in qual and I got a 5th place starting spot. The first corner on the out lap, only the rear worked, but I thought that was just the pads getting some temp in them as they worked fine after that. I still should have pulled off. They didn't work fine going into the first turn, and I almost cost people a lot of damage as a result. That won't happen again, and sorry that I interfered with your race. Thanks also for missing me -- that was some great driving on your part.

Hope you make it to Savannah.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Below is a link to the video I shot Sunday of the IT race at Kershaw since I wasn't in the race, had a camera and thought I would be productive. I know I wish I had some video of me racing from outside of the car. In-car cameras are cool but you don't always get to see all the action. So, enjoy! Congratulations to Steve who won both Saturday and Sunday's races.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...37790524457983

Nice video Chris!! It is different to see it from the outside. Great group to race with. Could not believe the give and take with lap traffic to let the leaders through--thanks to all. Steve we really missed the Z car in the field Sunday and hope you get feeling better. Get that car fixed Chris and get on the other side of the camera. You had a strong run at Rockingham before it started missing. Don't give up.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Yeah, great video!
    We missed being there. Still putting the 944 back together...
    1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54

Chris good to see you post. Your car looked great at Rockhingham, did you have the same problem at CMP? Get it sorted, you are really getting that car up front.

Steve, great runs. You were flying.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Do any of you folks have a pic of the Opel? I would love to see it.

Thanks, Steve.... I wish I could have been there too. All that I can guess is that I ate something bad. It hit me at exactly the wrong time. I started to feel better but was not anywhere near 100 percent at race time. I may not be able to keep up with you guys, but I feel that I need to be out there to drown out some of that rotary noise

Chris... Very cool video!
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

In the IT7 race, Tom Lyttle checked out with myself, Grover McNair, and John Buenting having (what I think was) a helluva battle. IIRC, I passed Grover on the outside through Faith, Hope, and Charity. John hounded me incessantly throughout until (it seemed like) his tires went away. Apologies to John if I slashed him once or twice. I thought I was in 3rd and didn't want to give up the chance at the "podium". Little did I realize that I was in 2nd. Congrats to both of you. That's by far the best race that I've had in the time I've had my license. Sorry that we all couldn't have gotten trophies. Oh, and John, thanks for not punting me. Not sure I could've had the same restraint.

Scott Franklin
    IT7 #91 (on Sunday)
    www.NutDriver.org
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C

yep...you that spec miata?

If so, there are no hard feelings on my part...

I was wondering what happened to you on the straight when I rear ended ya....But, my wife was in a hurry to leave, so I didnt have time to look ya up.

Sorry about hitting you so hard. I honestly didnt expect you to slow down on the straight, and I couldnt move over to the left as Mr. Marlowe was coming up my left.
    [/b]
    I was the white SM. I should send you a thank you note.

lets see if this works, i hope its the pic of the opel

again

I feel that I need to be out there to drown out some of that rotary noise
    [/b]
    Parrish,

... I appreciate the move over and point by on Saturday. That was awesome!!!! You gave me the opportunity to race for my class win. It is something I always try to do for your class and it was nice of you to return the favor ........ It will not be forgotten........

Ron,

.... Thanks for the parts..... My car was 100% on Sunday, and boy did I need it. Tim Jr made it a whale of a race despite the contact ......... The "red mist" was affecting him...... lol

I was the white SM. I should send you a thank you note.
    [/b]
    your welcome...

That was some close racing eh?
    I think you were motioning for me to bump draft...or was I misinterpreting your hand gestures

I guess sometimes it can get a little messy with multiple classes on track at once...
    It was tough enough to get around that blue celica, much less avoid all the miata's too.

Great fun...cant wait till roebling

Cherokee,
    the opel didnt run in qualifying on sat. and dont remember seeing it in the race either...I think he was having issues with it.
    Maybe he will come on and post up some pics.

Does anyone in the ITB race on sat. have video?
    "Entropy sucks"

I'm not big on bump drafting. I was just motioning for you to run with me and for the two of us to stop dicing back and forth for a lap or so in order to pull away from the others.

Good race. I watched the turn 13 action in the rear view mirror on the last lap.

ahhh, gotcha.

I shouldve looked ya up after the race, but the pit crew (wife) was hungry and anxious to hit the road...

I'll remember what that hand signal means in the future. :P

Great close racing, that was mostly very clean...I dont think I'll ever forget that race.
    "Entropy sucks"

your welcome...

Cherokee,
    the opel didnt run in qualifying on sat. and dont remember seeing it in the race either...I think he was having issues with it.
    Maybe he will come on and post up some pics.

[/b]
    Thanks, at least I am not the only one.

Ron,

.... Thanks for the parts..... My car was 100% on Sunday,

[/b]
    No problem, glad to help.

I would have liked to have raced Sunday but the Nippon Electrical Gods did not smile upon me Saturday afternoon. On Saturday night we saw some things in Camden that just should not be. Fortunately we escaped unharmed.

R

video?
    "Entropy sucks"