Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SEVENTEEN ITS cars at CMP -- Let's race boys

Competition Cages in Hillsborough, NC can get you updated.

http://www.competitioncages.com/

K

How close is Lancaster to CMP?

North of CMP maybe 20 minutes(?). When we don't drive home we stay at a Hotel in Lancaster
    1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54

There is a Jameson Inn in Lancaster. Pretty decent for the money. When I am in Camden, I ONLY stay at the Colony Inn. Yea, its cheap..but the breakfast is damn good.

BTW - anyone catch the '07 Z06 on the roster? Schweeet
    Joe
    E' meglio bruciare, piuttosto che svanire lentamente

IT7 - #72 - www.joe-racer.com
    2006 SCCA SE Time Trials Champion / Street Mod

Manny, guess you could stop by Greenville, SC on the way if you've made prior arrangments with either Sam Henderson or Steve Hampton and get the bars in.

Sam's number is 864.297.0313 (after 12 pm) Steve's number is 864.915.1776

Travers

Joe, I forgot about the Colony, it is a good deal. Internet access, and a good restaurant out back.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Only problem with the Colony Inn (or any other place in Lugoff) is this is also the weekend for the Carolina Cup horse races in Camden. The only reason we got rooms at the Colony is because some horse people called and cancelled just before I called to check.

And besides the IT Hoards, it also looks like we'll have a gob of stock cars running as well. Ought to be a great show.

See ya...

Butch Kummer
    GTA Monte Cuervo #57
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

thank you very much guys.

If anyone needs a place to crash - last I checked (couple days back) there were some rooms left at the Jameson. Rate was $63 and change.

Jameson Inn Lancaster
    114 Commerce Blvd.
    Lancaster, SC 29720
    United States
    803-283-1188
    Joe

So Far So Good!!!

Thu
    Mar 29 Few Showers
    58°/40° 30%
    58°F

Fri
    Mar 30 Mostly Sunny
    63°/42° 10%
    63°F

Sat
    Mar 31 Mostly Cloudy
    74°/50° 10%
    74°F

Sun
    Apr 1 Partly Cloudy
    74°/50° 10%
    74°F

Mon
    Apr 2 Isolated T-Storms
    78°/49° 30%
    78°F
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

I'm happy to say that I will definitely make it. Jeff just brought over my permanent numbers, 38 (old Jensen numbers but I don't think she'll need them lying in a field and rusting away....), and put them on the car for me so I suppose I have to go now! Had some damage from the recent school and a few others problems, but those are sorted now it looks like, or will be by Friday AM.

I'm looking forward to CMP. I've not driven the track in over a year but it is my favorite track in the SE. Looking foward to seeing a lot of you guys and looking forward to actually starting to race (or drive) in ITS for the first time without rookie Xs on the car (not quite true, I did get to go Rockingham but the car was not healthy and we limited track time).

R

are all you guys going to be in the race on sunday also? i can only make it on sunday to watch.

I havent been able to make it to the other events - so yea, definitely running both this weekend.

Looks like 11 drivers in IT7, too. Should be a lot of fun.
    Joe

Doesn't look like I'll be making this one. Sorry. Good luck to all & have a safe weekend.

Holy crap, what an awesome race...!

Jay marlowe, richard floyd, and I were all within a half second of each other in ITB qualifying, promising a kick ass race...and it didnt disappoint.

We were out with the crash miata's...and THEY didnt disappoint either!

At the start both marlowe and richard schooled me, passing on either side of me right off the bat...I didnt even see it coming (newb here).
    The whole race was filled with action, with the miata's around us driving thier nuts off...and in some cases themselves and others off too :P

I did my first bump draft on a miata Very cool...(no, the stewards didnt say anything afterwards). And for the rest of the race the miatas we were around were begging me to do it some more...
    Between the ITB cars it was really clean, professional racing, with no contact.

I was constantly schooled by Mr. Marlowe as he would take the line away from me, time and time again.

During the race, I had a miata sideswipe me in the carousel, almost pushing me off the track...and this was after I rear ended him on the front straightway, of all places (no, it was much more then a bump draft...trust me). Kinda weird, like he backed off the gas or missed a gear...So a few turns later in the carousel he decides on a little backwoods justice and nails me...

It came down to the last corner, 14, before the finish line straight...this same miata basically messed the corner up for marlowe, getting him sideways....I was able to pull up on marlowe and it was, as Jay called it...a four cylinder race to the finish!
    So, after I had my sandwich and read the paper, we crossed the finish with the winner getting it by half a car length!!!!

And, even though Jay was running a car that he had pulled out of the cobwebs and wasnt handling well, and Richard Floyd was on old tires and had a suspension problem (which eventually took him out of the race), it didnt make me feel any less proud to be running up front with the fast guys!!!!!

Anybody have an extra large helmet they want to sell? Mine doesnt fit anymore :P

Anyways, we had people coming up to us after the race saying how exciting the race action was...very cool.

Oh, and to top it all off, I had forgotten to put the battery back in my video camera, so I had no footage
    I'll be beating myself up over that one for a long time.
    I was only there for saturday...
    In the ITS race, Ekerich checked out, both in qualifying and in the race. He was in a different league. Very smooth and consistent, from what I could see.
    I saw the Truimph TR-7 go off in the first corner after the start (we started on the backstraight) on saturday. Hopefully mr. earp had better luck on sunday.

See ya guys at roebling next month!
    "Entropy sucks"

black Swift?

yep...you that spec miata?

If so, there are no hard feelings on my part...

I was wondering what happened to you on the straight when I rear ended ya....But, my wife was in a hurry to leave, so I didnt have time to look ya up.

Sorry about hitting you so hard. I honestly didnt expect you to slow down on the straight, and I couldnt move over to the left as Mr. Marlowe was coming up my left.
    "Entropy sucks"

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Success comes from experience, experience comes from mistakes. No s#$%.

Here's an experience for you - do not replace the working brake master cylinder that got you a 2nd place two weeks ago with a new one for no reason. New one failed, and I threw away what was probably going to be two 4th place finishes in a good S field.

Props to Steve E, he was extra fast, Ben and Taylor, the BMW looked good, Steve P -- I heard you got a 1:53 Sunday! Way to go man, although I did hear it induced some vomiting. Double props to Ron E. who got a 6th, closing on 5th, in his first time at CMP in an S car.

Lynn, Travers, good to see you guys as well.

Andy, thanks for posting. I didn't realize this was up yet.

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Thanks Jeff... Yeah, I got pretty sick. I started feeling bad during qualifying and pulled off. I might have beat a 1:53.7 if I was feeling better!!!! Sticker tires and stupidity will make anyone into Superman. The problem is that the Z can only hold that pace for about 3 laps before the brakes go China Syndrome.

Congratulations to Steve E for a pair of effortless wins. You make it look easy. Kent T had a good run on Sunday, giving everything he had to run down Steve. Ricky T and Tim D put on a great show in ITA. I wish I could have been on the track with everyone for that one.....
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX