Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SEVENTEEN ITS cars at CMP -- Let's race boys

Joe, that was me, and it was my fault. I owe you and everyone else out there an apology.

Hope you make it to Savannah.
    [/b]
    Don't sweat it, man. You flew through the corner so quick I figured something wasn't right. Come and introduce yourself at Savannah and share a brew.

Well I found a roller RX and baring any unforeseen issues, should have the car back together by Roebling. I justify the new body panels because the old ones were heavy and full of bondo.

Joe
    E' meglio bruciare, piuttosto che svanire lentamente

IT7 - #72 - www.joe-racer.com
    2006 SCCA SE Time Trials Champion / Street Mod

video?
    [/b]
    I can send you a DVD if you PM me your address.

In the IT7 race, Tom Lyttle checked out with myself, Grover McNair, and John Buenting having (what I think was) a helluva battle. IIRC, I passed Grover on the outside through Faith, Hope, and Charity. John hounded me incessantly throughout until (it seemed like) his tires went away. Apologies to John if I slashed him once or twice. I thought I was in 3rd and didn't want to give up the chance at the "podium". Little did I realize that I was in 2nd. Congrats to both of you. That's by far the best race that I've had in the time I've had my license. Sorry that we all couldn't have gotten trophies. Oh, and John, thanks for not punting me. Not sure I could've had the same restraint.

Scott Franklin
    IT7 #91 (on Sunday)
    www.NutDriver.org
    [/b]
    Scott,

Good to hear of the good run, you guys certainly deserve it after all the messes you have been through in the past year. Keep it up!
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C

RIP Dimebag- August 20, 1966 to December 8th, 2004.

I can send you a DVD if you PM me your address.
    [/b]
    Hey, I would really appreciate it...

You know, if you want to save on postage and the trouble of going to the post office...are you going to be a roebling road late this month? I can get it from you there?
    pm'd

matt
    "Entropy sucks"

Kudos to all for pretty clean driving. Saturday was pretty good for me with a 4th PIC.

Poor old RX is getting tired though, started having some "breakup" (fuel or ignition Duh!) in the 5 to 6k range and I could not get off the corners.

Once past 6k it pulled ok to 8k but by then everything I lost off the turn couldn't be made up. I'm sure I PO'ed the IT7 guys 'cause I kept catching them on the straights and balking them off the corners.

Sunday the problem got worse and so I bailed, little bit of slamming and banging in the autocross section between IT7 guys though. Some of it looked retalitory maybe not.

So sorry Jeff, at least there was no metal involved right???

No more racing till the car is running properly don't want to be an impediment out on the track it invites all sorts foolishness.

Wow, how 'bout that weather!!

Travers
    ITS 19

Hey Scott, this is Kurt. How did the new engine preform? Did you finally get your lamda meter and/or EGT gauges installed? Please let me know.

Kurt A Jackson IT7 #00 & #59

Kurt,
    PM'd you. Thanks.

Scott
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C