Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SEVENTEEN ITS cars at CMP -- Let's race boys

Porsches, Zs of all flavors, a Prelude, a Miata, a 325 and a Triumph should be a ton of fun boys, can't wait to see everyone down there.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

How many ITB cars?
    I didnt think I would be able to make the race due to my schedule...but would make an exception if the turnout was high
    "Entropy sucks"

Six so far, and some cool cars (Peter Keane's Accord and Olin Gayle's GORGEOUS Opel GT):

4 Jim Wray Yellow 1984 VW Rabbit
    Sponsored by: Your Name Here
    7 Jay Marlowe blue 1977 Toyota Celica
    Sponsored by: LNA Engineering
    23 Peter Keane Yellow 1988 Honda Accord
    52 Lette O'sheill White 1986 Honda CRX
    71 Olin Gayle silver 1970 opel gt
    Sponsored by: imports only
    90 Richard Floyd Red/white 1987 Honda CRX Si

Plus Richard Floyd's front page of the newspaper starring CRX!
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Nice mix of cars. Never been on track with an opel...
    Full steam ahead...maybe I can get it ready in time.
    "Entropy sucks"

Nice group of Z cars. Might have to run down there & shoot some pics.

Yippie, this will be fun. I do so love CMP it takes real "skill" to master the course and I for SURE don't have it mastered.

I've had some fabulous duels with Gerald, 240's (obviously not John Williams) even a BMW (Donna) because the layout does not really favor any particular car and severely penalizes macho driving styles.

Just my kind of place. I know Jeff and I will have have fun and so will we all, lets just get through turns 1-3 so we can sort it out before the really tight section ok!

Travers
    ITS19

Nice group of Z cars. Might have to run down there & shoot some pics.
    [/b]

Do it! Do it! :026: :026:

I wanna see!

I do love living in the desert southwest, but there are disadvantages. I don't think that if you totaled up all of the ITS cars that ever raced in RMDiv you get to 17. A typical ITS field here is three or four.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Do it! Do it! :026: :026:

I wanna see!

I do love living in the desert southwest, but there are disadvantages. I don't think that if you totaled up all of the ITS cars that ever raced in RMDiv you get to 17. A typical ITS field here is three or four.
    [/b]
    Ty, Are you running a 280Z? Got any pics.

Travers, should be fun. A good group of guys in ITS here in SEDiv, as you know. I saw you run with Brian/Steve Parrish's Z at CMP one time. Great race. I agree, while a lot of people complain about CMP, it to me is a driver's track.

Also, note that we will take the green on the backstraight, so we have to get into turn 12 safely. Not sure if that is any better than 1-3, have done it both ways and both are a bit hairy.

Jmark, we've got Steve Parrish in his 240z, Ron EArp in his 260z and Jay Miller in his 280z, so you should have pics of all three flavors of the original car.

NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Travers, should be fun. A good group of guys in ITS here in SEDiv, as you know. I saw you run with Brian/Steve Parrish's Z at CMP one time. Great race. I agree, while a lot of people complain about CMP, it to me is a driver's track.

Also, note that we will take the green on the backstraight, so we have to get into turn 12 safely. Not sure if that is any better than 1-3, have done it both ways and both are a bit hairy.

Jmark, we've got Steve Parrish in his 240z, Ron EArp in his 260z and Jay Miller in his 280z, so you should have pics of all three flavors of the original car.
    [/b]
    Yea. I have met Steve before. He has a great looking Z. Not met Ron & Jay yet. I was hoping to get Spillman out in his new 240Z as well. Not sure it will be ready in time. Where's a good place to stay around CMP. I have never been there before.

J -- Ron's 260z used to be half mine. A bit ratty but alots of good parts on it (it came from Atlanta, built in 1990 and has been raced for a long time). David S. I talked to two days ago and he is shifting his stuff over to a new tub and is not done yet. Jay M. has a new 280z that you may not have seen yet, orange and blue and a cool color scheme.

Kershaw is, frankly, a dump, and has I think two motels. One is a low level chain that is acceptable, and one is a no-tell motel. I would avoid both.

We usually stay in Camden, which is 20 minutes south of the track. Camden and its neighbor Lugoff have 10 or so chain hotels (we usually stay at the Ramada I think) plus good food and let's just say an interesting nightlife. WE call it the "Southern Farscape." Lots of drinking goes on in that town, and it has at least two "after hours" "private clubs" (liquor joints, not ta ta bars) that stay open till 4 a.m. serving liquor illegally. Too much. Plus, we know the Town Skank. I'll stop there.

Stay in Camden. It's a little farther from CMP thank Kershaw but worth the ride.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Thanks Jeff. I have stayed at the Ramada in Lugoff. I have done some work at the Dupont plant there. I might just come down Sunday. We'll see.

Correction. EIGHTEEN ITS cars. Wow.

And Matt -- EIGHT ITB cars. Not a bad field.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

All we need is Greg Ira in the blue ECR winning 240Z & Spillman in his 240Z and we could call this race the 2007 ARRC!

Ty, Are you running a 280Z? Got any pics.
    [/b]

If you'll PM, or post, you address I can probably find some photos of my now departed (a moment of silence, please) 280.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

If you'll PM, or post, you address I can probably find some photos of my now departed (a moment of silence, please) 280.
    [/b]
    My email address is [email protected]. Thanks!

8 ITB cars...awesome.
    I had to get with S.Ekerich to see if he could do my cage, and that looks like a go..

Looks like I'm number nine...

See ya there.
    "Entropy sucks"

Well.. So far I have the oldest car (1970) so you guys will have to give me a head start! I'll be driving Saturday and Bryan will drive Sunday. This sounds like a blast!!
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

That's right Jeff I forgot that we were starting on the back straight. Not really sure if that's much better as 12 is a real bear under any circumstances much less a starting scenario.

Anyway, there's good run off available for those that insist on running a kamakazi on the outside in the grass in the hopes of making up a few places on the first turn.

It's been so long since I've been on track (ARRC) that my main goal is to try and get some rythm and smoothness into my driving and try and avoid any foolishness.

Oh yeah?, guess I never had any of that to begin with! guess it's never too late to start.

See ya there.

Travers

hey everyone i would love to make it but i need to add the 2 side bars to my car and i dont know where to get them or even have them welded in, can any one help? i'm in indian trail nc. thanks