Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racin' is Rubbing, or Is It?

This is the Ex-Celeb, then Ex-TRD, then Ex-Nick Craw/Bob Anderson Corolla.
    The good news (if there was any in this) is that I built a near identical car with the good bits, and did it all myself, and was a bunch faster!
    [/b]
    That's cool! I was curious because we had a '90 Celica GTS that came a similar route. http://NutDriver.org/Celica.shtml.
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing
    ITA/IT7 RX-7 and SPU Baby Grand
    Flagging & Communication
    SEDiv/AtlRegion

That's cool! I was curious because we had a '90 Celica GTS that came a similar route. http://NutDriver.org/Celica.shtml.
    [/b]

Funny.. Thats where I the graphics idea from; look familiar?

This car was a TRD show car and is the one that used to be the one shown in the old TRD catalog for all the Corolla parts (and has ALL of the TRD stuff, from bushings,shift knob,springs,shocks, seat, steering wheel etc).

I orginally bought it in about the condition in the picture (not quite that bad, but almost).
    I put a whole new front except the right tower on, fixed it up and ran until Mike totalled me. Then I got another tub, and did it again! Its in the garage now getting a new rear main and a fresh coat of paint. After that, cage updates and away we go (maybe next year at this point)

The guy behind me in this pic punted me off track too, nearly totalling me (totally unapologetically I might add).. Still wondering if its all worth it or not, but I sure do love to drive the car... Maybe a 20v VVTi engine and trackdays is where I should go with it?