There's been talk about various moved professional racers have made lately, and personally have conflicting views on the subject. IMO, in club racing people should try to avoid contact as much as possible. Sure, I'd hit (I mean tap) my friends while out on the track but someone who I don't know? I personally am o.k. with the bump draft NOW but others may not be. Why I say now is because when I first started racing, I wasn't so cool with it.

At the pro level, what should the tollerance be for contact? My first few times watching British Touring Car Championship (I think that's the proper series name) I was shocked to see how much contact there was. My first thought was that I doubt I'd want to be in that series! Then I kept watching. The next race on my DVR was German something or other, and it was nice and clean racing. As the weeks progressed, I really watched out for the BTCC races and only got a few minutes into the German series. Now I'm addicted to the series and have become familiar with the drivers who run the series. It made me wonder what makes for good entertainment on the pro level even though in general I'm against contact on purpose unless deserved, which could be a thread by itself. I will also say watching some of this racing and IT videos has made me wonder if I'm not being aggressive enough. Some of my friends may think I'm nuts for saying that.

I know, I know. The GCR does not allow for contact but it happens. So, side from that, what is the tollerance in contact within club racing? Avoid at all costs, some with friends, only in certain places.........