Just got back from the NASA event at Road Atlanta this evening. The track is very grippy but has some bumps in strange places. The track (racing surface) has the illusion of being much wider in the esses, out of 10B and turn 12. It may be wider but I don't think it is. It is bumpy on the inside of 4 and there seems be be a slight bump entering turn 5. One of my Spec Miata friends said that there is a big bump on the exit of 5 if your line takes you over the rumble strips. On the old surface I was out there but there is so much grip once you apex turn 5 that I never got out there to see if it was as bad as he said.

Turn 7 is unbelievable now, the grip is incredible. Turns 10A & B also have great grip but the inside of the rumble strips (in the dirt) has a fairly severe drop off. If you hook a wheel there you will spin the car. Turn 12 appears to be wider but it is probably an illusion. Great grip here also. There is a big bump just past start/finish. My best time here in an ITA car was in the 1:49's, my lap timer indicated a high 1:46 in the race, so expect that track to be 2 to 4 seconds for most people.

I'll try to post some video from the race. See my website for details and updates. http://www.wrpmotorsports.com/

Cheers