Thread: Oval Race at Nashville

Anyone interested in an oval race under the lights at Nashville Speedway July 5-6?

I'm working on the schedule, but it would probably be a pair of 30-45 minute races... one in the afternoon and the second under the lights... all on the oval. We would practice and qualify on Friday and race starting noon on Saturday... making for a fun and laid back weekend.

Entry fee will be $300 per race and I need 15 commitments to make the event a reality.

E-mail me ASAP at [email protected] if you would like to run this event.

That should be fun Ken. I'll never forget the time the Spec Miatas raced at the New Smyrna Speedway near Daytona. They squeezed it into the usual Saturday night schedule and the crowd loved it. Some good racing!
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

I got taken to school like a Red Headed Step Child that night in New Smyrna.

Well, we don't get to do an oval often, and even better, under the lights... so it should be a lot of fun.

Last year we race under the lights but used the road coarse. The oval, with drafting, will make the event unique for road racers!

I need 15 confirmed entries ASAP though. That is the biggest hurdle. So if anyone is interested, send me an entry form. I won't charge anyone anything until we reach 15, then I only will charge for one race now, and will charge for the second race in June.

I also will also include your USERA memberships in the entry fee. That's only $50... but every bit helps.

I got taken to school like a Red Headed Step Child that night in New Smyrna.
    [/b]
    Yeah, but you looked good doing it, Peter!

I have a couple laps worth of video if someone would like to post it.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Hmm..........willing to consider allowing an SPU Baby Grand car to run? I've got a good bit of work to do after my problems at Rockingham, but it sounds like a blast.

Scott Franklin
    www.NutDriver.org
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C

You can run in our TCO "catch-all" class...

Entry forms have been updated and can be found at www.usenduro.com...

I confirmed that we will run double sprint races on the oval. Once will be run on the afternoon and the second in the evening under the lights.

This is a great opportunity to run a very unique event... oval race... which we don't get to run often (or ever) in club events.

It should be a lot of fun!