Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memphis Results

Just between you and me and everyone else, Kevin...you could probably beat it. The 240 was extremely fast, and I've never known Bob to not drive it as fast as it would go, but that was in '01 and a lot of delvelopment has been made to a lot of cars. If you recall, in '01 an Integra was not the fast car it is today.[/b]
    Agreed. Remember that the best track record time Bob ever ran at the ARRC in his 240 has since been beaten by a bit.

You should try to make Memorial Day at Memphis. It's ususally just as big a race and always just as much fun.
    [/b]
    I'd consider it if I wasn't going to be up in Michigan that weekend at the tightest and twistiest track I ever go to, Grattan Raceway, trying to not get my ass kicked by CRX's.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Well, there's always next March at Memphis. The beer will be just as cold, the barbeque will be just as good, and the people will be just as friendly and helpful.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Not one ITB car?

Where was everybody?

And what was Pawley driving?

My car came off the frame machine yesterday :026: , so hopefully I'll be at MMP in May!

Eddie
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.

Patrick moved North.
    Chris Albin was not running.
    I couldn't make it down.

That's 3 ITB cars, and obviously you couldn't make it either.

Real surprising to see that donut next to ITB though.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Pawley was in a final-generation Supra that he has raced here before in ITE. I think it is an old World Challenge car. It wasn't as fast as I'd have thought.

Talking about the ITA record, the achievement of Chris Collins in ITS in 3/97 becomes more impressive w/ every passing event. His 1:18.454 has stood up against supposedly faster BMWs and all my efforts, the best being 1:18.698. Al Murdock in an ex-Mears SpeedSource RX-7 was 2/100 under the record in qualifying in 10/04 and has been close a few times, but Chris is still the ITS king. And the amazing thing is that he did it on Toyos!
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

I was wondering if Pawley brought the Supra or the IS300....thanks.

oh how things can change in a day - Memphis in May is now questionable

Heatpump just ate the race budget for 07 Current low bid is $7k

AND the Wife is going to meet our major med deductible for 07 in one surgery tomorrow

Oh well, there's always next season

Eddie
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.

Pete usually runs an ITA E30 325e. [/b]
    Yeah, it was a tough decision not to run in ITA, but I plan on running mostly NASA events this year and I didn&#39;t want to potentially take away anyone&#39;s year end points. <_<

I knew that I would get my butt kicked in ITM, but I actually had a lot of fun racing against that guy in the 2002 Nissan on Saturday. He disappeared in the middle of the night, and I have no idea what happened to him for Sunday&#39;s race.

The black Vette t-boned a viper in the 90s on Saturday during the T1 race. Did a lot of damage to the front of his car, but he had it back out for ours. (Un)fortunetly he spun off in carousel right at the beginning and spent the whole race watching the rest of us. I think he also had car problems during Sunday&#39;s T1 race and was MIA from the ITM group. So by default I won on Sunday, but I had a lot more fun with the green ITA Neon at the beginning of the race and the yellow IT7 car at the end.

This weekend, I&#39;m renting the car out so I won&#39;t be IN Sunday&#39;s race, but I&#39;ll be at the track. Stop by if you guys are in town for it!
    - Pete
    {00=[][]=00}

Was that the same Black Vette that pucked its coolant in Turn One last May that caused me to slide off into the gravel? I almost made a mess of my driver&#39;s suit when that happened. I&#39;ve never had a car just come out from under me like that. I thought I&#39;d broken something major.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Was that the same Black Vette that pucked its coolant in Turn One last May that caused me to slide off into the gravel? I almost made a mess of my driver&#39;s suit when that happened. I&#39;ve never had a car just come out from under me like that. I thought I&#39;d broken something major.
    [/b]
    I remember that! I think I was behind you when it happened. But I this is another black corvette. I&#39;m pretty sure the one that had all the trouble last year was the one with the tube frame (red?) chassis. It&#39;s the flat black car with a really wide fiberglass nose. The one I&#39;m talking about was more of a production car with shiny black paint.

Did anyone take pictures of the races? I have a couple from Mark Weber, but neither Vette is in those shots.
    - Pete
    {00=[][]=00}