Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No Ecr at Daytona in May

To clear up a few misconeptions about the FES and CES endurance series. The CES, Citrus Endurance Series, was started by Bill Weston when he was the RE of the FL. Region. It combined any of the Endurance races held by the Central Fl. Region (CFR) and The FL. Region into a stand alone series with end of the year Champions etc. The actual races were run at the same time an ECR was run. in either of the Regions. The idea was that those who didn't wish to participate in all the ECR series races and tow to all of the many tracks in the SEDIV would have a mini-series to participate in. Thus it was possible to get points in both ECR(if registered) and the CES at the same time. It was also possible to get CES points for Endros run by the Regions that were not ECR'S. The CES,....joint CFR FL.Region venture.... was disbanded after two years and the FL.Region established the FL. Endurances Series...FES... This Series was to be run at ECR'S and Fl. Region Enduros at Moroso and Homestead conducted by the Fl. Region. The FES rules are the same as the ECR rules with one or two slight differences that are covered in the Supps. This series continues to run in 2007 in the FL. Region.

The Fl. Region event at Homestead,in June, will be a DOUBLE ECR as well as a Double FES....same Bat Time, same Bat Channel. Those of you who are running for ECR points might want to give this event some thought. The cancelled ECR at Daytona will be for whatever series points they plan to establish for their races. There has been no talk of reinstituting the joint CES Series at this time. Since this is a CFR event, no FES points are at stake or will be awarded. I hope this answers a few questions and clears up some mis- information.

Capt. John

Matt! How's the view from the bell tower? I'm not sure why you have such a woody for Barry Hair, even though you seem to have a fist full of excuses, but it sure does eat at you. Have you seen a professional about this?
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Matt! How's the view from the bell tower? I'm not sure why you have such a woody for Barry Hair, even though you seem to have a fist full of excuses, but it sure does eat at you. Have you seen a professional about this?
    [/b]

I was right and you were wrong. Pretty simple. In the process you destroyed SEDIV racing. Nice job.
    The majority shall rule.

my Fellow ECR Racers:
    Carol stated what happened and Robin Langlotz states that the series is broken?? How, why? Low participation count for the whole series by SEDIV Racers, so -- It's CFR'S Race and they want to set the rules!! As my co-driver and I are looking for opportunities to gather ECR Points we will not attend unless Daytona is an ECR. Track is fun to drive, but, I cannot justify the travel and time off without the opportunity to earn a few ECR Points.
    As for Robin Langlotz's answer - evasive?? non specific and complaining that the ECR Series team runs the RACE - the last is very true, was agreed on by ECR Committee members and requested by drivers for consistancy within SEDIV for all races. Note: we have had ECR Series Stewards to run the ECR'S for the past 15 years and suddenly CFR is unhappy with the SERIES, and the lack of local control of the RACE??
    I say it's time the ECR Series Drivers' vote with their WALLETS and boycott the non-ECR at Daytona.
    then again i'm probably

HONDA 69
    2004, 2005 and 2006 ITC ECR Champion
    85 Honda Civic DX

Does anyone know exactly what is broken with the ECR? If I understand what is being said, the FES is for the folks who do not intend to run enough ECR events and thus will be unlikely to pay the whopping $35 to register. So what there are still those of us who are more serious and pony up the money to qualify for the prize money and want to earn points whenever possible. Why don't we eliminate the $35 fee add $10 to the entry fee and everyone gets points? As I see it, we are there paying entries, buying fuel and tires and there is no reason not to score us in the ECR and FES. Reinstate the points! We could always just score them ourselves.

I was right and you were wrong. Pretty simple. In the process you destroyed SEDIV racing. Nice job.
    [/b]
    Matt, how can you explain that? You being right is only a conjecture on your part, as is me being wrong. I would appreciate some examples of how I destroyed SEDIV racing. That's a pretty tall task from someone who lives in Baton Rouge and only belongs to CFR as do many others. If I destroyed SEDIV racing, as you wrote, then I should be proud of my abilities as I've been able to accomplish, for whatever end, something far greater than you've ever been able to do to Barry Hair or anyone else in SEDIV. I thought your secondary goal was to get Florida to secede from the rest of SEDIV, but that's now a waste of time as I've, according to you, destroyed SEDIV racing. You now have nothing to rescue. You must feel very hollow.

I suppose in your idle time, you'll have to start a campaign against me just as you did Barry. I'll be in good company. After all, he's an R. E. of a racing region, and I'm just a guy that races, belongs to CFR in the SCCA, and has computer access...as do you. We must be more alike than I thought, except that I take my medication, and you must not.

Have you seen a professional about this obsession you have with poor Barry...and now me?
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Here is list of the people that are running ECR this year.
    There are a lots of people posting whos name is not on this list!!!!!!!!!!
    So are you running ECR or are you just wanting to run an enuduro?

Class Last First '07ECR. Log Book .
    ITA Winchester William 7692 83-1692
    ITA Douglas Matthew 7030 5-125
    ITC White David 7032 03-1633
    iTC Sessions Jason 7016 83-1588
    ITC Sessions Patrick 7017 83-1708
    ITR Boatwright Russell 7019 03-1258
    ITS Kent Danielle 7075 03-1591
    ITS Bennett Gary 7003 13-726
    SM McAdams Michael 7681 83-1466
    SM Vicini Donald 7649 83-1378
    SM Leonard Joe 7082 007-970
    SM Phee Willie 7077 03-1573
    SM Long Glenn 7085 42-2337
    SM Robertson Taylor 7047 03-1632
    SM Harriman Alan 7007 34-571
    SSC Robertson Ben 7046 03-1494

[/b]
    Good point.

I like to run the enduros whenever I can, but I do so because I love the format, not because it's an ECR, CES, etc. Based on the size of the list compared to the size of the grids, I'm not the only one.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

Class Last First '07ECR. Log Book .
    ITA Winchester William 7692 83-1692
    ITA Douglas Matthew 7030 5-125
    ITC White David 7032 03-1633
    iTC Sessions Jason 7016 83-1588
    ITC Sessions Patrick 7017 83-1708
    ITR Boatwright Russell 7019 03-1258
    ITS Kent Danielle 7075 03-1591
    ITS Bennett Gary 7003 13-726
    SM McAdams Michael 7681 83-1466
    SM Vicini Donald 7649 83-1378
    SM Leonard Joe 7082 007-970
    SM Phee Willie 7077 03-1573
    SM Long Glenn 7085 42-2337
    SM Robertson Taylor 7047 03-1632
    SM Harriman Alan 7007 34-571
    SSC Robertson Ben 7046 03-1494
    [/b]
    You must have a line off on your data, the classes don't seem to match the drivers.

Taylor Robertson is runing ITR in the ECR series. Ben Robertson is running SM in the ECR series. Neither will be at Daytona if it's not an ECR.

Grafton Robertson

Is there something wrong with the SARRC series because only a small percentage of participants actually go to the SIC? I don't think there is. It is just an indicator that some people race for fun, some people race for championship and some people won't bother once they know they can't win.

Is there something wrong with the ECR because only a small percentage of particpants actually pay the fee to run for the championship. I don't think there is. It is just an indicator that some people race for fun.........(etc..)

I would bet that if the SARRC charged a fee in order to participate for the championship but the fee wasn't mandatory in order to be in the races, you would see the same lack of payment as there is with the ECR.
    Gary Jenkins
    2006 SM ECR Champion
    www.specmiatavideos.com

Grafton Robertson

If my Info is wrong this where it came from may be that is part of your problem. Bad info[u]

http://www.sedivecr.com/

If my Info is wrong this where it came from may be that is part of your problem. Bad info[u]
    http://www.sedivecr.com/
    [/b]
    My problem is no ECR at Daytona, it would be great if that was bad info.

What about having a town hall meeting at the track ala runoffs style. Everyone could air out there
    differences and maybe solve this obvious communication problem between the groups. Is something
    that could be done without too much planning. Would the track let us use a room for an hour. Any
    support or answers for this would be nice.

Robin thanks for posting.

I'll be at the St. Pete grand prix this weekend with a beer in one hand, girl on another. Hope to
    bump in to some of my friends.

Kolin

What about having a town hall meeting at the track ala runoffs style... [/b]
    That's good in theory, but if those who want it to be an ECR don't show up for the race, then they won't be heard at this meeting. Enough lost entries ($$$) and maybe CFR will listen.

This whole thing just makes no sense to me. CFR is pulling the ECR sanction because a lot of people who actually run ECR just don't sign up for the points?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

GKR,Chris Wire,charrbq,and all concerned,I am with you.RX3,the info you present about entrants,althogh accurate,is not a true representation of the ECR entrant/series supporter/CLIENT. I say this because,as stipulated in ECR rules we have until before our third event to register with the series. I believe that,if you wanted a more realistic accounting of the ECR members that have supported CFR over the years you should pull historical data to see the people that have been supportive over 3,5,or more seasons. I believe that the real reason for the exclusion of the ECR from this event is that there seems to be a powerplay within CFR against the ECR,and ultimately against ECR competitor-clients. If the series is broken,please explain how can alienating it fix it? If the series makes the host region look bad post-event,why only CFR.not the other hosting regions? I can only say this. As an entrant-preparer,I hold 8 entries. My clients have decided,as have I,that if we cannot garner ECR points,we will not be attending this event. Yr Fthfl Servant David Leira
    El Cubano Rapido

David et all just so its perfectly clear. The enduro team that I drive for will not be entered either
    since there is no Ecr. I will still be at Daytona running the national.

We are running the double at homestead, car being towed all the way from washington d.c.

Kolin

I would bet there are several power plays/struggles going on. This could be an effect of another one which was "hinted" about in CFR's monthly publication for Mar '07...and also very subtly mentioned by Mattberg a long time ago...

"The race realignment proposal was
    suggested in the 3rd quarter 2006, and
    the copy I have came to me from a
    member in the Buccaneer Region, which
    is in area 12.
    Each of the 8 racing regions in SEDiv
    would get 4 events.
    1 National
    1 SARRC
    1 Drivers School
    1 Regional weekend.
    The remaining race dates would be
    decided by a lottery drawing with
    overworked workers and families in mind
    and attention should be given to NO
    racing around the year end holidays.......(edit)"

It appears that losing an ECR date may be only the beginning of major changes in the race schedule within the state of Florida. Will the Turkey Trot go away completely? Labor Day ECR??? Is that next?

I'm not trying to be an alarmist. I just wonder how much, if anything is being left out of these stories.

Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

The primary difference between the SAARC Series and the ECR is that the ECR pays out prize money at the end of the year. The host region for an ECR race pays $30 per ECR series entrant and $25 per non ECR entrants to the ECR series. The host region of a SAARC race pays $4 per entrant. Last year, the two CFR ECR events had approximately 440 entrants, which using $25 per entrant, comes to $11,000 that CFR paid to ECR. One can argue whether this money would be better spent within the CFR budget given the low number of CFR members that enter the ECR series. The flip side of the arguement is that that CFR may have a lower number of entrants if the enduros are not ECR events and take in a lower amount of entry fees. We will have to wait and see if the number of entries from last year's enduro at Daytona are higher or lower than last years.

One complaint against the ECR series is the amount of time it takes for the race results to be finalized. The host region takes most of the heat from racers when results are not posted in a timely manner and timing protests can not be filed until the results are official.
    Hammer
    CFR
    ITA Nissan 240sx #56
    2009 Nissan GTR
    2010 Nismo 370z
    http://www.ReedNissan.com/

"It really isn't happening... It really isn't happening!" Yea, right.

Go see Barry Hair and Martin Bartlett. You ignored the obvious and allowed road racing to be used as a tool to support solo and little man egos. Good luck to you all. I feel bad for the racers but also have to scold those racers that supported officials blindly even after they were caught in lies. You don't deserve what's coming, but then again, you had your chance to stop it and you had the facts which I delivered. You chose to believe the liars and rationalize their actions.

You know what happens to Lemmings.
    The majority shall rule.