Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Ecr at Daytona in May

ECR has its own website...www.sedivecr.com. It's listed at the bottom of the SEDIV webpage.
    [/b]
    Thanks Chris. The site pretty much says it all once you go to the link.....

For those competitors in the northern parts of the division who can't justify the tow to Daytona if there are no ECR points(and there are many of us who wholeheartedly support your position) ,please remember that there is an event at Homestead in June. Why not save your Daytona money, and invest it coming a little further south,to a world-class facility,with the possibility of taking home DOUBLE points,since this is a DOUBLE ECR!!!! Just a thought.........
    El Cubano Rapido

Here it is from the horse's mouth:

The change in the race format was strictly a Central Florida Region decision. I was not consulted nor was I notified. I found out because Dave Rollow is married to the person (Sharon) who maintains the SEDIV schedule. He announced it at the Rockingham ECR. Please understand that the ECR Committee is in charge of the ECR Series. I only administer the functioning of the Series.

I have spoken to Robin Langlotz (ECR Committee person). His explanation was that he feels the ECR Series is broken and needs to be fixed (?). Also, only eight ECR registrants last year were from CFR and his Region BOD could not see the benefit of having the event for eight people and they voted to not have the ECR at Daytona.

My advice is to get in touch with the region. Our rules allow regions to add the ECR to their race schedule, but the rules have no say in how the regions run their events. I am as disappointed as you are and I believe that CFR has made a poor decision. Races are put on for the drivers and only the drivers can make a difference.

Wish I could have had better news. I have forwarded this to the ECR Committee.

Carol Cone

ECR Administrator

Also, only eight ECR registrants last year were from CFR and his Region BOD could not see the benefit of having the event for eight people and they voted to not have the ECR at Daytona.
    [/b]
    So they don't like to draw cars from other regions?

Message received loud and clear. I'll be racing elsewhere.

There is bad stuff brewing between CFR and the rest of the SEDiv. This is not a good sign.

I read the explanation and still don't get it. How would having this be an ECR in anyway impact or affect them, since the race is being run one way or the other?

What is broken about the ECR? I see huge fields at every track I go to.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

The ECR races I attended last year had huge fields. Why would you want to stop the growth?

I don't understand the part about the low CFR entrainants??

are they saying out of the what 70 plus cars there last year there was only 8 from the CFR??

i find that hard to believe.

Tim
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

I read it to mean that only 8 CFR members paid the $35 to officially participate. I wrote Carol with several suggestions, one of which was to waive the registration. I think we should have the SARRC and ECR series represent all SEDIV regional racing and integrate the enduro into the SIC. Any thoughts?

Guy

Thank you Carol for coming on here and telling us what you know. Perhaps Robin could also
    do the same.

sincerly

Kolin (who just likes to drive)

Robin...any enlightenment??? Why???
    El Cubano Rapido

I read it to mean that only 8 CFR members paid the $35 to officially participate. I wrote Carol with several suggestions, one of which was to waive the registration. I think we should have the SARRC and ECR series represent all SEDIV regional racing and integrate the enduro into the SIC. Any thoughts?

Guy
    [/b]
    I'm curious how many folks previously came for the ECR, and didn't care about the CES enduro that usually runs at the same time. Those are the folks CFR is turning away. I can't speak for everyone, but the more cars the better, who cares if some are going for points in different championships?

The ECR series had planned a grand finale at Roebling two years ago. 3 hours, double points, similar to the SIC. For some reason it fell through though. The concept seems like a good idea, especially now that were only counting 6 events for points.

Somebody's telling a fib. I know of way over 8 CFR members that ran last year at Daytona, and I don't pretend to know all the membership. If they want all the winners and entrants to be from CFR, then that may be all they end up with. Track rental may be tough to make, though.

I've seen this sort of thing happen before in regions. It usually gets discovered and repaired, but not before the damage has been done.

Besides, having "only 8 CFR members" run in an event of that magnitude is a pretty stupid reason for not having it again. Sounds like no one bothered to proof read the written response to Carol's question.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

I think i read it the wrong way.Maybe they were talking about sihned up for the series...not just the race.
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

I believe that the answer to your questions is politics/control/money.

Those three words will provide all the reasons you need as to why this decision may have been made.

Spite might be another, but you could just lump that in to politics.

Just my $.02.

Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

I have a question that maybe someone can either answer for me or send me in the right direction so that I can get an answer.Seeing that Daytona is an extremely attractive venue,and for that reason alone is very hard to stay away from,I would like to know more about this "enduro". If it is no longer an ECR,then what is it? Is it a stand-alone enduro? Is it part of the FES? Is CFR reviving the seemingly defunct CES? What is it?
    El Cubano Rapido

Here are the results from the big bore event last year...I am sure there are more than 8 people from CFR on this list...probably even more than 8 that post on here!

http://www.sedivracing.org/ECR/06Results/R...aytona%2006.pdf
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

Concerned drivers,

There are problems within the ECR system which ultimately make the regions look bad. The host region has little input and control over how the events are scheduled and run. ECR administration offers little to no support and turns around and criticizes the host regions, post event. CFR has chosen not to participate in this series, with its’ Daytona event and might not conduct further ECRs until the deficiencies are corrected or, at least, addressed.

CFR’s ECR rep (me) brought the problems to the attention of the ECR Committee in January. The remaining members of the Committee chose not to address those issues.

In a conversation with Carol Cone, I stated that only about 8 members of CFR participated as a registered entrant of the ECR series in 2006. In fact, per the final ECR points for 2006, ECR events throughout the division drew over 420 drivers. Of that 420, only 48 (11.5%) were actually registered entrants eligible to accumulate ECR points. Of the 48, only 5 were shown as members of CFR and 4 were members of Florida Region. Point being, if the ECR program was so great and not broken, why then are so few drivers joining the series. Why should the region and drivers continue to participate and support the program financially when there is minimal driver interest in the series, as a series, and just serves to make the regions look bad.

The Daytona event will consist of two 90 minute enduro groups. The formal rules will be posted to the DLB registration site by the end of this month. The basic format of the event remains very similar to that of the ECR series. If only a few cars show in each group, then we’ll combine them into one and have oh, maybe a three hour enduro…. perhaps........

Robin Langlotz
    CFR Race Board Chair

Robin ; Thank you for taking the time to respond.I,however have some issues with the responses herein. As a longtime IT competitor,I have had the priviledge to participate in a great many ECR races,both in and out of your region.Now,being just a racer,I don't profess to know all of the political ins and outs of what it takes to put on an event,and I realize that EVERYONE involved is a volunteer,but ,in my simple mind,I cannot see how,as if you say the series is"broken",it can be "fixed" by alienating a dedicated group of traveling racers. I believe I speak for the vast majority of enduro racers, and more than the majority of the ECR racers, when I ask you to please reconsider your decision and re-establish the Daytona Classic as an ECR event. Sincerely, David Leira
    El Cubano Rapido

Oh well, it's your ball field, so you can opt to use your own ball to play with. This is the same reasoning that Tony George used, and the whole sport still suffers.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Oh well, it's your ball field, so you can opt to use your own ball to play with. This is the same reasoning that Tony George used, and the whole sport still suffers.
    [/b]
    NO. THat's not the way it went. Barry Hair and Martin Bartlett played the role of TOny George here coveting the votes of non-racing regions in order to get their way and "socialize" SEDIV racing. Not strong enough to do it on their own they cozied up to the little regions that have like two participants but one FULL vote and then strong armed Florida... or at least tried to. Now they'll end up with exactly that. Little tiny regions with no racers or workers. I suggest you get Barry Hair out there on a corner every weekend.

I told you two years ago what was going on and you didn't want to hear it. Now that Barry and Martin have ruined your racing and done EXACTLY what I said they were trying to do then, you want to blame Florida? Nice try. Tell it to the 74 other racers that show up for the lousy races you'll NOT be having when they cancel them due to lack of workers. You can thank Barry Hair for all of it.

GO FLORIDA!
    The majority shall rule.