Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Ecr at Daytona in May

At the drivers meeting at Rockingham it was anounced there would be no Ecr. Cfr region apparently
    is having there own Florida Enduro Series race instead. Can somebody in the know explain how or
    what happened. Looks like greed perhaps has taken over.

Kolin

[b]E-Mail Robin Langlotz ([email protected]) and ask him why the change in the schedule
    Carol Cone, the ECR Administrator was unaware of the change in the schedule.

I was hoping to go down and run that weekend. I'm not familiar with the Florida Enduro Series. Last minute changes are a bit unsettling. Still hope to get down there, but I do really enjoy the ECR format/points system.
    Robert Mitchell
    NC Region
    IT7 # 28

This event, the Daytona classic,since the era of the leather helmet,the wire wheel,and the hand-crank starter, has been an ECR.possibly the premier ECR in Florida. As a competitor and preparer who has supported this event, and series with multiple entries (and winners) for over a decade,I find it unfathomable that,without explanation,it would be summarily dropped from the schedule,especially since it is still on the calendar as of 2-15-07.All I can say is that I sincerely hope that I am misinformed,and this is only a bad dream.
    El Cubano Rapido

Yep, heard it straight from the ECR steward in the drivers meeting. I agree with you David, it has been a staple for many years at Daytona. Premier? Yeah, I would say that.

Robin, can you enlighten us on what the deal is?

I will shoot him an e-mail ( [email protected] )

Rob May
    I'll race anything....

The only thing i have heard was that the double sarrc in august was cancelled do to repaving of the track after the July 4th weekend.That race has been moved to Sebring.

If thats the case about the ECR than that really sucks.That was going to be my next race,not only that it was a local race since i live 20mins away from the track
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

There is still an Enduro on the schedule, just not an ECR series point race ? While I agree with my 'muy rapido' friends here on the prestige this event has gained over the years ( first ran it in '93 ), this back and forth, ECR - Citrus Endurance Challenge - Florida Endurance Series -ECR, has been going on since the begining. Remember when it was a 3 hour event one year ? Comes down to scheduling issues again with the National race program vs the ECR schedule / rules ?
    Would like to hear official word from Robin and Carol.

P.S. Hey Kolin, you are the "muy rapidest" of them all
    See ya'll in Daytona.
    El otro Cubano not so muy rapido,
    Carlos Gutierrez

For those who race the ECR series the loss of the Daytona ECR does indeed suck. I have no idea why, but at least there is still an enduro being run that weekend. I know that I'll be there running my Scirocco.
    I hope some of you fast B car drivers are ther for me to draft with.
    Jeff Linfert
    Atlantic Auto Works
    We Install and Tune Megasquirt Systems
    #97 GTL Scirocco (for sale)
    ABA Corrado powered by MS3. 40+ MPG

Well now that's really wierd! Two years ago three years ago they cancelled the Double SARRC at Daytona and moved it to Sebring for the infield being repaved...that needs to be done again? Plus, they cancel a scheduled race for a ECR series and make it their own race. Something sounds rotten!

I suppose all this makes it easier to design my race schedule for this year. It will only take a little modifying and save me a lot of travel time and money.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

After hearing from several officials, it is still not clear why the ECR was dropped from this event. It is surely political though, since the CFR will still use the ECR rule format from what I've been told.

If it's not an ECR our team isn't going. I wonder how many other folks feel the same way. If there are enough of us, maybe they will be inclined to put it back. If you want this race to be an ECR, I'd suggest you contact the CFR registrar: [email protected]

Grafton

Is this really surprising to anyone? Go back and read my posts of over a year ago. I said stuff like this was coming and you didn't want to hear it.
    The majority shall rule.

Is this really surprising to anyone? Go back and read my posts of over a year ago. I said stuff like this was coming and you didn't want to hear it.
    [/b]
    The only thing surprising is that it took you this long to climb your bell tower and chime in.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

I don't care who puts it on...its Daytona!!!! I'm there!
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

I don't care who puts it on...its Daytona!!!! I'm there!
    [/b]

Thats the spirit ! There's no other track like Daytona. If I only make two races this year, this one is a must.
    Grafton; bring that rocketship of yours, you always run strong at Daytona. I might be in an ITS car again, would be fun drafting your red Panzer just like the old days.
    See you all there,
    Carlos Gutierrez

Guys I will still be there myself just running the national as usaual. Carlos looking forward to seeing you
    and the wife. Graftons new panzer is black and very mean. Stilled pissed about no actual Ecr though.

Lets hope the double at Homestead in June stays an Ecr, crosses fingers

see yeah

Kolin

I'd love to be there. In fact I'd already booked plane tickets. But it just isn't worth it to us if the race doesn't count for ECR points.

As Kolin points out, the new car is black, and hopefully won't be much help for drafting ITS cars. But Carlos is typically better than most of the ITS field...

Grafton

Guys,

Just heard the news about Daytona. Last year I only ran ECR enduros and ended up winning the trophy for the Florida Enduro Series without even realizing it. There is no reason why we cannot run for both ECR and FES points in the race, unless it has to do with the prize money. We should petition Carol to let us run for points in both series that weekend. Let's have the usual huge field. See you there.

Guy Marvin
    ITS 240z

Did anyone else notice that the entire ECR page on the SEDIV web site is missing?

Guy Marvin

Did anyone else notice that the entire ECR page on the SEDIV web site is missing?

Guy Marvin
    [/b]
    Sure is. The 2007 Schedule still shows some ECR events however.

http://www.sedivracing.org/2007Schedule.pdf

ECR has its own website...www.sedivecr.com. It's listed at the bottom of the SEDIV webpage.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic