Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What ITR cars are out there?

i've seen at least 4 ITR cars competing in MiDiv thus far.

2 BMWs
    1 944 S2
    1 Integra Type-R
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Let's summarize.

Between this thread and a couple of google/mylaps searches, I came up with 25 names associated with ITR cars. I'm not sure that all of these have turned a wheel yet.

Not surprisingly, the BMW 325 comes up the most often, with 10 names. It's the only car that was an easy crossover from another class.

Acura Integra Type-R: Goodnow
    BMW 325: Andrews, Asinugo, Counts, Ferragonio, Jones, Lytle, Norris, Potts, Tisdale, Woodard
    BMW Z3 2.8: Hughes, Sirota, Thompson
    BMW M3 (E30): Hammitte
    Honda S2000: Heth
    Nissan 300ZX: Deems
    Porsche 911SC: Smith
    Porsche 944S2: Orr, Robertson, Wolverton
    Porsche 968: Davis
    Toyota Supra: Pawley

And then I have two names, but I'm not sure what car they drove (thanks, MyLaps):
    Unknown: Mertz, Reighard

Not a thorough search. My guess is there have been more. But 25 cars (at least!) at this point, I'd consider that a huge success.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Hammitte is an E30 M3.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

The momentum is building I think. I honestly didn't think we'd see 25 cars halfway through the first year.

I bet by year 3, R will be rocking. Expensive, but rocking.

And I don't know how it is elsewhere, but we have seen a tremendous resurgence in S this year as well. I have to think it is realted to the "reweighing" of the cars, and in particular the Zs and the 944s, and the unfortunate but necessary restriction of the 325.

NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Hammitte is an E30 M3.
    [/b]
    Thanks, edited my post.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

The momentum is building I think. I honestly didn't think we'd see 25 cars halfway through the first year.

I bet by year 3, R will be rocking. Expensive, but rocking.

And I don't know how it is elsewhere, but we have seen a tremendous resurgence in S this year as well. I have to think it is realted to the "reweighing" of the cars, and in particular the Zs and the 944s, and the unfortunate but necessary restriction of the 325.

[/b]
    I agree. I would have hoped to see more Integra Type R's out there from Honda Challenge but that could still happen over time. We have some real fast E36's here in NE who have figured out the SIR. Excellent.

Boy I wish I had the $$$ to do a full-tilt E30 M3. Imagine that car with 17's? So cool!

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I agree. I would have hoped to see more Integra Type R's out there from Honda Challenge but that could still happen over time. We have some real fast E36's here in NE who have figured out the SIR. Excellent.

Boy I wish I had the $$$ to do a full-tilt E30 M3. Imagine that car with 17's? So cool!

[/b]
    Andy, if I had your $, I'd burn mine.

I'll consider ITR a sucess when I'm not running against only BMW's.

Come run out here at NHIS and you can beat on my 300zx...
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com
    #00 ITR 300zx- sold, look for another rental miata soon
    Whether it be your race car or your street car, let BB take it to the next level...

Greg, what do you think of that car as an ITR platform? A couple of guys on here said the brakes wouldn't last due to the weight, I'm not convinced and am considering building one. Power must be good too, right?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Come run out here at NHIS and you can beat on my 300zx... [/b]
    Greg, I'm hoping to make the NE runoffs @ LRP this year. I've never raced @ LRP, just watched the Grand AM race this weekend, but this would be a good race to learn the track.

Greg, what do you think of that car as an ITR platform? A couple of guys on here said the brakes wouldn't last due to the weight, I'm not convinced and am considering building one. Power must be good too, right? [/b]

Jeff, my 2 cents, since I'm not Greg , like you, with the new brake pad compounds, I wouldn't count out their brakes going away.

David don't you also now hold the track record at TWS from the monsoon race on the 26th of May?
    [/b]
    well, yes, but i had a major drivability issue and couldn't go over 80mph. i think i was lapped 3-5 times. crazy. i missed the last MSR race, so i think i lost that record to a BMW that entered, though he was like 2nd to last. I haven't fixed my issue yet (f'n CIS!!!), so i'm prepping a 1974 SAAB 99 ITB car for august that i got for free last week! i got it running (sat for 7 years) and came with all new ignition and brake parts. doing some safety updates and getting some used spec miata RA-1s and it'll be on the track for under $300! Watch out for turn 1, cuz I got nothin' to lose!

David

[font=Arial Black]

I plan on having my '95 BMW 325is ready for the next season!

I will be in the Southeast Division
    Kyle Pollock
    1995 BMW 325is
    ITR
    SE Division

Greg, what do you think of that car as an ITR platform? A couple of guys on here said the brakes wouldn't last due to the weight, I'm not convinced and am considering building one. Power must be good too, right?
    [/b]
    Sorry about the delay. I wasn't getting email updates on replies for some reason so I wasn't aware anyone had replied until today. Personally, I love the car. As far as the brakes go, NHIS is brutal on pads, especially with a car so heavy. I have yet to have any brake fade issues. I have done 2 full school weekends and a bunch of full day SCDA track days with my car running a majority of sessions. I don't see it being an issue. Im surprised how often it comes up. As far as power goes, I can get the tail end to come around no problem. Im at 220 rwhp and 252 ft/lbs of torque. I need some suspension work on it, and some better tires (Ive been running kuhmos to allow for more money for track time) and I think I can run with the front runners of the run group. As is I'm mid pack but still running ahead of one of the BMWs that is at relatively the same build point/seat time. I'll get those full built ones with a little more seat time and the last few touches.

I am not running limerock this year. Probably explore there next year. Im sticking to NHIS this year, and maybe the Watkins Glen enduro at the end of the year. Im looking forward to next weekend though. 3 cars already signed up in ITR, with a 4th expected!
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com
    Whether it be your race car or your street car, let BB take it to the next level...

we had 3 ITRs run at Heartland Park this weekend. Andy Wolverton in a 944 S2, Jeff Goodnow in an Integra Type R, and Ralph Woodard in an E36 325is.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

we had 3 ITRs run at Heartland Park this weekend. Andy Wolverton in a 944 S2, Jeff Goodnow in an Integra Type R, and Ralph Woodard in an E36 325is.
    [/b]

So far up here its me in the 300zx and a couple BMW 325s
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com

the 944 is for sale for something like 25k if anyone is interested. built by Global Motorsports Group, so it's a serious car.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

So far up here its me in the 300zx and a couple BMW 325s
    [/b]

There was actualy an E30 M3 this past 4th at LRP. Cool car!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

We are building a 944 S2. We hope to be giving it a shakedown in late August.
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T
    ITB Volvo 142 (in the making)

the 944 is for sale for something like 25k if anyone is interested. built by Global Motorsports Group, so it's a serious car.
    [/b]
    Andy's car is really nice. Joo can buy my car for $25k too. I'll make a bunch more money then he will though It's built by a short fat guy in the driver's seat.

It was great to finally meet Andy this weekend. Oh to not get stuck in traffic :P

ITR rocks. I hated having to run in ITE last year & just drive by myself with 3-4 other cars on track (vipers & ex speedvision GT cars). I was suprised to be outbraking Andy too. I thought for sure he'd have better stopping power. My Type R with GranSport pads absolutely sings into the braking zones to make up for my power shortage.

FYI - the BMW 325 has serious walking power on the straights compared to me. Hmmmm - must make changes for next year

I figured you'd like ITR Jeff. Good to see your performance steadily increasing as well. I'll still outbrake you in the miata though

that BMW is INSANELY fast in a straight line. you think acceleration is impressive from your viewpoint? you should see it from a 115hp miata sometime.

you know what you need to do to make your car faster right? i've only told you 500 times, get a real exhaust!
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region