Thread: Steering Rack Boots for 240Z

Does anyone know where to buy steering rack boots that fit? I ordered a pair from Victoria British / Blackdragon, and the diameter of the big end is too large. I tried NAPA this afternoon with the same result. I think NAPA and Victoria buy from the same manufacturer. I found some at Courtesy Nissan online; haven't yet checked with my local Nissan dealer. Probably should have started with them first.
    David Plott
    Atlanta Region #289721
    #54 1973 Datsun 240Z
    Mount Juliet, TN

You might want to check advance auto parts online. They carry Beck Arnley as well as a cheaper line. I have had VERY good luck finding Z parts through them. Shipped to the store about 3 miles down the street at no cost. Have you checked MSA?

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

I have not tried ordering Z parts from Advanced. I know Motorsports Auto lists them in their catalog. In fact, I have found several sources for them. The problem is, I think a lot of them are carrying what appears to be the same universal rack boot that just does not fit properly. The big end is too large, and the small end is too tight. Courtesy Nissan online has them. They are a little pricey, but a Nissan dealer should have the correct part. Not realizing the parts I ordered are the wrong thing until the Saturday I needed them is frustrating, and the Nissan parts departments are closed until Monday. I'll probably find the right ones tomorrow.
    David Plott
    Atlanta Region #289721
    #54 1973 Datsun 240Z
    Mount Juliet, TN