Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Mini in ITB ?

Bwah-hah-haaah!

K

EDIT - and no, I don't know much at all about this. I suspect it's a Conover Motor Sports black ops project.

Well, it's actually Black and silver.

Before we build we must first Un-build!

I am SO ready to draft that breadbox!!

uhhh... as soon as I rebuild my wrecked-ass honduh.

Will she be ready for the start of '08?? I'll be back by then.....

for another B car!!
    Richard Floyd
    1987 CRX Si #90 ITB

2006 SARRC ITB Champion

Rich, what's going on with the CRX?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

That new mini's going to need a good header. I just happen to know someone who's been doing a lot of R&D in that particular department!

It looks like there is plenty of room in there for a header, shoot me an email if you got a good header for me, I'd love to try it out.

The goal is to be ready for the February driver's school at Roebling, I'm crossing my fingers, if there is one thing I've learned it's that it's gonna take longer than you want it too. We'll see how it goes!

rest assured I will keep you all updated.

Go with one of Justin's headers. You will be happy with what he provides ya.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

do you put one of those fancy collectors on it?

Rich, what's going on with the CRX?
    [/b]
    Well, the LF suspension came apart after a trip over the "gator strips" at CMP in April, err, better yet, I think the gator strips pulled something apart / broke something that violently disassembled itself upon hitting the brakes at the end of the front straight going into T1. I went off driver's right just before T1, still full speed (no brakes - brake line ripped away from LF caliper when suspension collapsed), and clipped the first tire wall before center punching the second at I'd guess aroung 70-80 mph. Needless to say, there was a bit of damage. New RF fender, hood, header panel, headlights, bumper and bumper cover, radiator, rad support. Bent the LF shock and trashed the LF wheel when it folded up into the wheel well, so we're completely rebuilding the front suspension and hubs and bearings, as well as the entire braking system.

We'll be back next year!
    Richard Floyd
    1987 CRX Si #90 ITB

2006 SARRC ITB Champion

Well, the LF suspension came apart after a trip over the "gator strips" at CMP in April, err, better yet, I think the gator strips pulled something apart / broke something that violently disassembled itself upon hitting the brakes at the end of the front straight going into T1. I went off driver's right just before T1, still full speed (no brakes - brake line ripped away from LF caliper when suspension collapsed), and clipped the first tire wall before center punching the second at I'd guess aroung 70-80 mph. Needless to say, there was a bit of damage. New RF fender, hood, header panel, headlights, bumper and bumper cover, radiator, rad support. Bent the LF shock and trashed the LF wheel when it folded up into the wheel well, so we're completely rebuilding the front suspension and hubs and bearings, as well as the entire braking system.

We'll be back next year!
    [/b]

Ouch! That sounds painfull. It also sounds like a lot of work. I tweeked my door, bumper support and hood at VIR in May, and I've spent plenty of time repairing it.

Best of luck!
    hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

[quote]
    Those brakes are about the same as the golf I think.

"The mini has mac-struts in the front as well as the golf, but multi-link rear.
    It has twin cams, ..."

I believe the Mini has 16 valves and a single cam (ala" standard original Neon). I know my "S" does.

GRJ
    G Jones
    ITC Fiesta
    MARRS 22