Thread: March fastrac

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"My question to you would be:

The GCR has a clearly-defined process for a class to become National. Suddenly this year we've got how many new classes that haven't followed that process? Why?

And now there's an allowance for cars that WILL be field fillers in the new golden child class.....why? Sorry, but I just don't buy the "Here's a chance to try out National racing" bit.

Maybe it's a cynical outlook, but the past couple of years of FSCCA not hitting those GCR numbers coupled with the 24-25-24 "We'd kill off GTL if it were number 25, but since it was T3 we'll extend the lease" Runoffs dance has helped jade more than a few folks who DO care about the club and the classes."

JIgou;
    The difference is in the past all National classes got invited to the Runoffs. Now it is only the top 24. New classes can compete in National events, but do not get a spot at the Runoffs. The BOD changed the number of classes to 25. The BOD members I have talked to said they would have done the same thing for GTL.

Tnord
    IT cars have been supporting Nationals for years, why do you think we have a two hundred car IT feild at the National at Daytona? I agree with you about the balls part, but because we are a club it does not seem to happen.

Tnord
    IT cars have been supporting Nationals for years, why do you think we have a two hundred car IT feild at the National at Daytona? I agree with you about the balls part, but because we are a club it does not seem to happen.
    [/b]
    wrong.

IT cars have been supporting National Race Weekends. This is a benefit to SCCA with no detriment to IT whatsoever via maximizing entries on a given weekend. Scavenging entries from IT and plopping them in Prepared hurts the IT field as well as SCCA as a whole because now (if you count IT cars as official P cars for runoffs eligibility) the club is forced to support another class via rulemaking, scheduling, grouping, etc. not to mention shrinking the field size of what is one of the healthiest categories we have, making it a less attractive place to be.

what's better, to have 5 classes with 5 cars each, or 2 classes with 13 or 12 entries? does it matter? i sure think it does.

Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

IT cars have been supporting National Race Weekends.....Scavenging entries from IT and plopping them in Prepared hurts the IT field as well as SCCA as a whole because now (if you count IT cars as official P cars for runoffs eligibility) the club is forced to support another class via rulemaking, scheduling, grouping, etc. not to mention shrinking the field size of what is one of the healthiest categories we have, making it a less attractive place to be.
    [/b]
    IT cars support the club more then anyone in Topeka wants to admit. But I think in their eyes our class is only good for supporting the club, filler if you like. If IT was a national class they would have never gone to IT for filler for the Prep. class, let me ask is there a national class that is closer to Prep. then IT? Why did they not take them....because they are national....and hurting for car counts. In IT car counts don't mean a darn thing, to anyone making the rules.

It looks to me like Topeka's main intrest is in the national classes what ever they may be, no one should be shocked that they try to bleed the IT fields dry to make the national classes look better. Make IT national and all this will go away.

The difference is in the past all National classes got invited to the Runoffs. Now it is only the top 24. New classes can compete in National events, but do not get a spot at the Runoffs. The BOD changed the number of classes to 25. The BOD members I have talked to said they would have done the same thing for GTL.

[/b]
    Peter,

The president of the SCCA stated exactly the opposite.

Peter,

The president of the SCCA stated exactly the opposite.
    [/b]
    Bill

Do you know this for a fact or is it just hearsay based on what someone else said? Jim Julow was not privy to the email conversations that were going on among the BOD. The reason that it was changed to put it off a year was because the original effective date for counting the current year was in the middle of the season. It was felt that this wasn't fair to anyone, be it T3 or GTL.

Brian