My proposal to the CRB was to allow IT cars IN IT PREP. No additional allowances for slicks, no additional mandates for fuel cells. In order for this to work, a seemless trial must be available.

I know I would run a National or 2 in my ITA car in FP - if I could plug and play. There is no doubt in my mind that my mid-mounted plastic gas tank is safer than 90% of cell installs anyway. Take us the way were are if you want to get us exposed to the Prod world. There is no harm in it from any angle.
[/b]
Slicks or no slicks, if I could run my IT car in a National Production class I would at least do 1 or 2 races... The Northeast fields are so small in Prod, that I would probably even qualify for and run the National Runoffs (if they are located closer to the northeast in a few years) if I could afford the travel expences... No I wouldn't win, but I think it would be fun to run with the prod guys for a mid pack result with my IT car.

I would imagine that the National office is alwso worried about "worn" cars showing up and bringing down the image of the field that currently at least looks a bit more professional than the mid IT fields. While I think some cars do look rough on the edges most are acceptable from 50' (thus would look ok on TV )

Also I have herd Prod guys complain about racing with big bumpers vs. no bumpers and a fear for less experience and invested drivers taking them out.

All in all I do think it is the best for the club and the members as a whole to allow all IT legal cars in a Production class. And I think it should be simple as stated in earlier posts ITx = Px class. It should not be done by making a specific car = Px class.

Raymond "The truth hurts sometimes" Blethen