Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: March fastrac

Excellent point. Maybe if someone has a juicy topic coming OUT of a VastCrack publishing announcement, they should post a topical thread...?

I like beer, too. In fact, I'm drinking one right now.

K
    [/b]
    I like Scotch. Scotchy Scotchy Scotch...

(And, if you change your settings, this can be only 2 pages!!)
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

(And, if you change your settings, this can be only 2 pages!!) [/b]
    Thank you Bill...I was trying to figure out why when people kept saying "such and such thread is 50 pages", I was only seeing 15.

Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

***Honestly I really think it has more to do with presentation rather than any given opinions.***

Dick, I agree ^. I was going to include that point in my response but I figured the more intellect than myself would have a new topic. Because of my presentation or lack of skills I attempt to use smilies but that don't fly well for some.

Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

The people in Topeka will continue to jerk the racers around as long as the racers let them. It's just no longer worth it to me to subsidize that kind of nonsense.
    [/b]
    Wow. I look at the CRB and the other committees of members "at" Topeka and I see nothing but racers.

Stan/Peter-

Thanks for correcting our views on the issues I brought up. It is great to see people whom care enough to share the "secrets" so we all can understand where everyone is coming from. Thanks again for the small step towards your long term goals, you/we are heading in the right direction.

As for NASA, I grew up in SCCA, no matter how bad it gets, NASA still doesn't have any events in or around where we race, so I doubt they are that interested in taking over any SCCA classes. From what I see they market to a completely different and "younger" crowd. Sure we could learn from them, but I still think we have the best racing affordably & readably available to the average racer.

Raymond Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Another great example of a 'tweener' is the AW11 MR2. People have been trying to get that car moved to ITB since the early/mid 90's!!!
    [/b]
    I don't say much here so that my ignorance isn't obvious so I admit right off I don't know an AW11 MR2 from any other MR2, but I remember ( I think, not always sure about the memory these days) the early 90's when an MR2 was moved from ITS to ITA, so maybe your time frame is just a little off.

Now back to your regularly scheduled chat.

(The AW11 is the first-gen "door stop" that's currently in ITB; the second-gen SW20 is the one that just got moved to ITA...)

(The AW11 is the first-gen "door stop" that's currently in ITB; the second-gen SW20 is the one that just got moved to ITA...)
    [/b]
    I don't think any Toyota MR2's are in ITB, otherwise I would probably be changing cars...

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Right. That's what we here call a "Freudian Slip"... ;)

Should read:(The AW11 is the first-gen "door stop" that's been in ITA...)

I don't say much here so that my ignorance isn't obvious so I admit right off I don't know an AW11 MR2 from any other MR2, but I remember ( I think, not always sure about the memory these days) the early 90's when an MR2 was moved from ITS to ITA, so maybe your time frame is just a little off.

Now back to your regularly scheduled chat.
    [/b]

You admit that you don't know what you're talking about, but you'll still shake your finger at someone. Things that make you go "Hmmmm...."

Wow. I look at the CRB and the other committees of members "at" Topeka and I see nothing but racers.[/b]
    And look at how many members of the BoD are racers.

A poor choice of smilie.

Better now?

What I do remember for sure is racing against an MR2 in the early 90's in ITS and that car getting reclassified to ITA by the mid 90's. I will submit that my comments did solicit some clarification from those who do remember about MR2 classification history.

A poor choice of smilie.

Better now?
    What I do remember for sure is racing against an MR2 in the early 90's in ITS and that car getting reclassified to ITA by the mid 90's. I will submit that my comments did solicit some clarification from those who do remember about MR2 classification history.
    [/b]
    Well, if it was an MR2 in the early 90's, it would have to have been an AW11, as the SW20 would have been too new, and wouldn't have been eligible for IT. I started racing mine (AW11) in '95, and it was an ITA car then, and had been one at least for a year prior to that. I was not aware that it had previously been in ITS, but I do know that other AW11 racers told me that requests had been submitted to move the car to ITB. IIRC, the first year the AW11 was available was '85, That means it wouldn't have been eligible for IT until '89. I think the 1st gen. RX7 was still in ITS at that point in time, so it's not that big of a stretch to think the AW11 would have been in ITS. IIRC, the Rabbit GTI was in ITA in '89, and the 1.6 VW Rabbit/Scirocco was in ITB.

Ohh, I am so confused. Maybe my memory is even worse than I thought. The MR2 that I am thinking of may have been a SS car running in my same race group and then went to ITA when it became eligible. I remember also that the owner took the car to a P class a few years later.
    Well, I am quite positive that I was driving a 13b 1st gen RX-7 in ITS against a 12a car. I began in that class/car in 1992 after 3 years in Sports Renault.

Time for me to revert to keeping quite lest I reveal any more memory faults. :026:

I didn't really get into IT until 93 or so, then quit immediately to move to Cal and do some design school stuff, so my knowledge of things from that era is shaky and anecdotal at best. But, IIRC, the standard MO was to put cars in ITS (or aclass higher than where they should really go) for a bit to see how they did, then move them to where they really belonged. So the 1st gen RX-7 was in ITS, and I seem to recall it got moved to ITA in the early 90s, which spurred my interest, as I though it might be able to run with the then top dog RX-3SP, but didn't stand a chance against the ITS cars.

Point being, I think that the CRB often put cars in a class higher and watched it shake out. And sometimes, I think they "forgot" about cars, or didn't have enough data (how could they, LOL) or a good enough feel to move them, which helps explain how some cars ended up places they clearly didn't belong.

So, while some subscribe to the belief that IT has never been about "comp adjustments" or moving cars between classes, it doesn't ring entirely true to me.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

And look at how many members of the BoD are racers.
    [/b]
    Bill,

What does this mean??

Brian

Welcome Brian....
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Bill,

What does this mean??

Brian
    [/b]

...and an inquisitive crowd starts to collect, waiting for a response....

Bill,

What does this mean??

Brian
    [/b]
    I'm certain he didn't mean you by that remark.

Bill,

What does this mean??

Brian
    [/b]
    Just what it says Brian. While most (all?) of the people on the CRB and AdHocs are active racers, how many BoD members are?

Sorry to keep you waiting John.

Don't play dumb, Bill. Don't say "Whuh ?" and put on the 'innocuous' look. There is some subterfuge to your comment...enlighten us all to what you're inferring...come right out and say it. Besides, some here are a little 'thick', and you need to splain it to us.

Somebody asked you for an explanation. You're rarely at a loss for words...why clam up now ?