Thread: March fastrac

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Prod line was funny, and sad, all at the same time. Funny, because it's so true. Sad, because it really shows how Mickey Mouse and broken the whole thing is.

The Prepared thing is one of the biggest crocks of **** I've read in a long time. "Experience a National event" What's that, where you only have 2 or 3 cars show up for a given class, yet you get to pay a premium for the privilege? BTW, it's pretty easy to see through what's happening w/ that one. They think they'll be able to bolster the Prepared participation numbers so they can give it a Runoffs' slot.

And I don't know how they could print the answer to Dick's request w/ a straight face. Guess what, all those ex-ITS, now ITR cars are correctly classed in ITR.

The crap I read really helped seal the deal for me, I'm not renewing my membership this year.

And the nonsense w/ the Quad4 cars' brakes is just an extension of what was there for the other cars that were classified. Still doesn't make it consistent w/ the IT philosophy, but then again, I've never gotten an answer as to why it was allowed in the first place.

As far as the ECU issue goes, have fun guys!

And the nonsense w/ the Quad4 cars' brakes is just an extension of what was there for the other cars that were classified. Still doesn't make it consistent w/ the IT philosophy, but then again, I've never gotten an answer as to why it was allowed in the first place.

[/b]
    No kidding! Who do you have to know to get that in? I need to make some friends so I can get rid of the rear drums on the Jensen, the Z car, and the TR8. Hell, let's just let all cars with rear drums replace them with discs.

Here we are debating things that are grey with class philospohy while this disc brake substitution is completely contrary to it.

Ron

No kidding! Who do you have to know to get that in? I need to make some friends so I can get rid of the rear drums on the Jensen, the Z car, and the TR8. Hell, let's just let all cars with rear drums replace them with discs.

Here we are debating things that are grey with class philospohy while this disc brake substitution is completely contrary to it.

Ron
    [/b]

Ron,

The reasoning I heard years ago was that it was due to the poor design of the stock drum brake system and that it was prone to failure under race conditions. This was not an official position, but info I got from someone that raced one.

They'll shoot down things that actually make sense as being 'inconsistent w/ class philosophy', yet push crap like this through (Kirk, I admire your efforts, but did you really think that it would be changed?).

And no Raymond, you didn't read it wrong. Unfortunately, that's the way a lot of people still view IT and Regional racing. It's well and truly ironic that the 'head up your ass' comment made it into this issue of FasTrack. I honestly don't know why the IT community puts up w/ this kind of attitude. The SCCA needs the IT community WAY more than the IT community needs the SCCA. Pack the whole thing up and take it to NASA. I'm sure they'd welcome you w/ open arms, and pretty much take the whole package w/o any changes. And you can bet that you'd be able to take track dates w/ you, as it would get damn expensive for a Region to put on a race w/o the IT cars showing up.

The people in Topeka will continue to jerk the racers around as long as the racers let them. It's just no longer worth it to me to subsidize that kind of nonsense.

The people in Topeka will continue to jerk the racers around as long as the racers let them. It's just no longer worth it to me to subsidize that kind of nonsense.
    [/b]
    Wow. I look at the CRB and the other committees of members "at" Topeka and I see nothing but racers.