Thread: New KC track

Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I think the more tracks the better. But it would cause some real issues in the Midwest Div. That would put 5 tracks relatively close together in a line from Hallett to MAM, further isolate Memphis and St. Louis, and result in de facto east-west subdivisions if not outright breakaway by Memphis and perhaps St. Louis. Travis, you got me thinking about that in a previous discussion and I'm afraid you may be on to something.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

well, don't count on MAM being around for all that much longer.

general feeling is that once the place deteriorates, it's done. nobody is really expecting any money for a repave of the horrendous paddock, or a repave of the track itself. so 5-10yrs from now we might not be racing at MAM anymore.

but yes, i think you're generally right that drivers in general stay pretty close to home. for pete's sake, look how much territory our division covers.

i hope it's a success, as a friend is one of the main movers of this project, but i can understand why some people aren't as excited as i am.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

anyone have any more details on this yet? pics, layout, etc?

KCI Motorsports has a web site with details at:

http://www.kcimotorsportspark.com/index.html

Interesting membership pricing.

Feff
    www.MVPTrackTime.com

looks real good on paper

for pete's sake, look how much territory our division covers.[/b]
    Not just for my sake, but for everyone else's in the region too.

I won't be too disappointed to see MAM go... The track is my least favorite in the region. This new one looks VERY cool on paper, I just hope there's some decent elevation change. With the exception of Hallett all of the Midiv tracks are sooooo flat. Ok, so there is a little at Heartland... but only enough to get you over the tunnel.

- Pete
    {00=[][]=00}

well, if you don't like MAM, you probably won't like this new one or the one out in NE, as they're all designed by the same guy (Alan Wilson who did Miller and Autobahn CC iirc).

just out of curiosity, why the move to NASA Pete? are you doing the Spec E30 thing?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

just out of curiosity, why the move to NASA Pete? are you doing the Spec E30 thing?
    [/b]
    Unfortunately, I can't run in Spec E30 even though that's what first got my attention. Believe it or not, my car is too far developed for that series! I would have to do things like remove the front coil-overs and go back to stock. I would also have to buy heavier wheels since their minimum is 13lbs per wheel... sux.

There's another series that they run called the German Touring Series (or something like that) and as you can guess it only includes German cars; BMW, Audi, Porsche, VW, Opel, etc... Within the GTS group there are six classes; GTS1-GTS5 (There is also GTSU which has the tube frame cars). To determine which group you're in you just use this formula:

Weight
    ---------------
    (HP + Torque)/2

That will give you a low number... somewhere between 5-20. That number solely determines which class within GTS you go. You're allowed to do anything you want to the car and if you effect the weight, power or torque, you just get bumped up a class.

I like the freedom that the rules allow and I'm also anxious to run on some of the tracks that they run on. For my region those would be Road America, Grattan, Putnam Park, Autobahn, Blackhawk Farms and Iowa speedway. They run at MAM and Heartland as well, so I'll definitely be heading out your way this summer.
    - Pete
    {00=[][]=00}