Thanks for the support fellows!

I was thinking, I might owe my legs and or life to the exhaust pipe. When it was lying in the track after the accident I remember looking at the shape of it and thinking "hmm, that's odd". It was all intact, but about 1 foot from the attachment to the header it was COMPLETELY flat - like it'd been run over with a steel wheel loaded with a LOT of weight. And it was not run over with the JH or by other cars at that point.

On the JH the header colllector comes out on the drivers side right at your knee. The exhaust joins there, and runs in the tunnel parallel to the transmission and driveshaft all the way to the back. That pipe is what kept the rotating bits from cutting the tunnel in two on my side. Further inspection of the car shows the drivers' side tunnel blown out about 3" all the way down the length, with penetration in a couple spots but not like the passenger side. I think the pipe got whacked hard by whatever cut the tunnel and ended up with that super flat shape in that one area.

Should have kept that piece as another offering to the Gods of Speed. Could have joined the driveshaft, differential, transmission bits, the oil adapter plate from last year that blew off, and the spun bearings. Sure hope I don't add to the collection any time soon!

R