Thread: Wheel size

I have a question for the rules guru's.

My 1997 BMW 318is was classified in the January Fastrack. However, it was added to the 96-99 BMW 318ti Sport, spec line.

That spec line is fine for me except, the specified wheel diameter is 16 inches. The car came stock with 15 and an option for 16. The GCR states "Cars may not fit wheel diameters smaller than those listed on their spec line. All other cars shall retain the wheel diameter fitted as original equipment for their make, model, and type."

So which is it, stock or spec line?
    Christian J. Chandler
    BMW 318is
    #26 ITA
    JiM Power

My 1997 BMW 318is was classified in the January Fastrack. However, it was added to the 96-99 BMW 318ti Sport, spec line.

That spec line is fine for me except, the specified wheel diameter is 16 inches. The car came stock with 15 and an option for 16. The GCR states "Cars may not fit wheel diameters smaller than those listed on their spec line. All other cars shall retain the wheel diameter fitted as original equipment for their make, model, and type."

So which is it, stock or spec line? [/b]

Isn't your spec line wrong? Shouldn't it read 15" / 16" wheels? I'd run the wheel size that would benefit my gearing.

So which is it, stock or spec line?
    [/b]
    spec line. see 7.a.1 gcr pg. 301

you quoted that section and answered your own question.

Isn't your spec line wrong? Shouldn't it read 15" / 16" wheels? I'd run the wheel size that would benefit my gearing.
    [/b]

Spec line is correct per the current GCR and Fastrack. I asked for a separate spec line for the car. I also asked for both 15 inch (stock) and 16 inch (listed as optional) wheels (as the 1995 318ti, and others, are listed). It may have been convienient to merge the car with the 1996-1999 318ti, but it is not accurate. Can this be easily corrected?
    Christian J. Chandler
    BMW 318is
    #26 ITA
    JiM Power

I think it is fine to list them on one line, but that line does have to include all of the OEM wheel configurations that are included in that model year range.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

The ITAC submitted this for it's own spec line. The CRB combined them. I am not sure it is right to combine cars with different bodies and suspensions...I will look into it. The spec info came from the SS classification.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Thanks Andy.
    Christian J. Chandler
    BMW 318is
    #26 ITA
    JiM Power